Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Lot of talk about our shit defence, but our attack is equally rudderless. I don't think any of us are ready to pile on Reynolds yet, but under the cold spotlight, his season hasn't been a success. He only gets a pass mark because he's been injured/absent nearly every game. If that continues into next year, he'll start looking like the next Jack Bird.
Lol maybe South's were right with 1 year contract

Kevvie "going off" here is hard to watch.

“I told you boys at least 3 or 4 good old boys yarns this week! I told ya’s again about what it means to be a bronco! What do I need to do, spoon feed you with boring things like defensive structures or game plans ?! “

One thing that has definitely seemed to happen more last 4 weeks is far too many of our forwards are looking to pass before run.

Haas has been getting the ball at first receiver for no real reason for way too many weeks.

Last night it was amplified becuase Reyno was gone obviously, but what has happened to head down and run hard...

Not every forward has to be Jake Turbo, Yeo, or Cam Murray when attacking. Just fucking run hard and get a quick PTB.

It's gotta be a combo of season fatigue and or coaching causing the change in how much they pass > run atm

Don’t need him turning the game, just turning up. He had 1 or 2 good games all season, doesn’t do any work in attack, is full of errors, and defence is very suspect.

He’s half the player Farnworth is.
I agree he needs to be better but I just with that type of ball we should be expecting a huge running game. There has been a huge drop in our execution across the park and good ball is not going out to either fringe.

I think that's our attack because he doesn't want to take on the line, because of his rib injury.
We dont have attack because we lose the field position and possession stats 35% : 65%... primarily because of weak defence that has no impact and is unable to force the opposition into errors, compounded with poor discipline and poor fitness.

In attack we make no dent on the opposition defensive line and then push passes sideways on the back of no momentum, leading to errors and gifting field position to the opposition.

Opposition quickly realise that they can walk through our pillow arm grabbing defensive line with zero concern for strong physical first contact, which allows them to effectively go into training drill mode, control the ball with ease and offload freely.

Eventually the huge amount of possession against, and no ability to force errors, kills any fitness that we do have and the defensive line becomes as resistant as wet tissue paper.

The complete lack of physicality and energy from our forward pack is the root cause to pretty much everything else that happens.

Patty, Flegler and Kobe are the only ones that bring consistent energy both sides of the ball and Turps can bring line speed in defence.. Kobe has been down recently because he's literally been injured mid game for the last 4-5 weeks straight (shoulder vs Tigers and HIA's at least 2-3 times). Flegler has been the sole forward trying to bring any sort of intensity to the entire team and is a reason why Haas is not worth the money he wants at this club.

He's 120kg and refuses to play with any intensity even if the opposition forward pack is coming at him... he's catch and cuddle defence and that's it... that's the style that Damian Cook uses so he doesnt get blown off every tackle.

A 120kg prop forward defending in the same manner as a 90kg hooker... he defends the same way Paix does... No idea how he injured his AC joints considering he never uses his shoulders in tackles

The people that think the top 4 wasn't a realistic target need to educate themselves on the history of this game.

You act like every 2nd year a team finishes in the bottom 4 and turns it around to be a top 4 team next season, when in reality it's probably happened 6-8 times in the history of the NRL.

Riki cops a lot of shit, rightly so too, but capewell has been just as terrible, his defence has been horrendous.

Agree, Capewell's not much better than Alex Glenn. He's got a little bot more in attack than Lexy did, but they're pretty similar players. Incapable of running good lines, below average defensively, etc. It was never a good signing, he's been made to look good because of the teams he's played on.

I'd rather someone like Teig Wilton, who would've cost probably $300K per season less than Capewell, is a great hole runner, a willing decoy to create space for his outside backs, strong defensively, etc.

Lol maybe South's were right with 1 year contract
I think they offered him a 2 year deal but he wanted 3. I could be wrong though.

I'm glad the Broncos nabbed him because he has put some respectability back into the joint. But he came as a battered and bruised veteran and he is even more so now. He may last two more years but he'll miss a few along the way and may need a wheelchair during the final season.

Few people getting a bit carried away in here, potting Reynolds, Capewell, etc.

I get that Kevvie has rubbed a few the wrong way, Reynold was dead set concussed last night, that's not his body breaking down. That's getting hit in the head.

Agree, Capewell's not much better than Alex Glenn. He's got a little bot more in attack than Lexy did, but they're pretty similar players. Incapable of running good lines, below average defensively, etc. It was never a good signing, he's been made to look good because of the teams he's played on.

I'd rather someone like Teig Wilton, who would've cost probably $300K per season less than Capewell, is a great hole runner, a willing decoy to create space for his outside backs, strong defensively, etc.
Agree, and amplified when partnered with Riki. Backrow should be a real attacking threat for a team, having decent, if not good, defence should be an expectation.

IMO we are behind the 8 ball when comparing to other teams having the likes of Kikau, Martin, Olakau'atu, Nikora, Arrow, Koloamatangi, Chrichton, Tupouniua, Su'a, Leilua, Papali'i, Fifita, Fermor, Nanai, etc. who have at least 1 genuine attacking threat whether through physicality or speed (or both).

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • broncoscope
  • Robboi_321
  • Browny
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • sooticus
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncojim
  • Fozz
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Maroon4life
  • Culhwch
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.