Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

When you say "solid defensively" what you're actually saying is only one other second rower (Josh Jackson) has made more tackles than Riki this season. And, of course, he's made more tackles than any other Bronco.

As for errors, he's made 19 in 22 games, that's less than 1 per game. By way of comparison, Selwyn has made 36 in 17 games.
Posters on here are not pleased if you introduce evidence like , you know, the actual number of errors. Sometimes the stats don't back up their claims and well, you know stats can say anything. So, if the narrative is Riki missing dozens of tackles then that's their 'truth'.

He's not in the top tier of efficiency (92.2%) but he's higher than Capewell (86.7%), Hosking (90.5%), Palasia (91.8%). Similar to Hetherington (92.7%). The middles miss less, but don't make as many either.
You should have included James's % too for comparison 😅 as he is obviously a lock, 2nd rower, prop, motivational speaker. 92.7% same as Hetherington. RK slightly better 92.9%.

When you say "solid defensively" what you're actually saying is only one other second rower (Josh Jackson) has made more tackles than Riki this season. And, of course, he's made more tackles than any other Bronco.

As for errors, he's made 19 in 22 games, that's less than 1 per game. By way of comparison, Selwyn has made 36 in 17 games.
Comparing backrowers to Wingers in errors is disingenuous, because Wingers have to deal with the sideline, highballs and risky attempts at tries that the kicker or their outside man will put them into that a Backrower wouldn't, errors are part of the game as it's a finishers position compared to Backrow which has significantly more conventional play.

There is 5 backrowers in the entire competition that made the top 50 for Errors, there is 15 Wingers, if you include Centres as they both are involved in alot of the risky plays as outside backs it adds another 13 to make it 28 of the 50 players.

Comparing backrowers to Wingers in errors is disingenuous, because Wingers have to deal with the sideline, highballs and risky attempts at tries that the kicker or their outside man will put them into that a Backrower wouldn't, errors are part of the game as it's a finishers position compared to Backrow which has significantly more conventional play.

There is 5 backrowers in the entire competition that made the top 50 for Errors, there is 15 Wingers, if you include Centres as they both are involved in alot of the risky plays as outside backs it adds another 13 to make it 28 of the 50 players.
Those top 50 lists of errors, missed tackles and other less flattering stats have quite a few Broncos near the top in several so I cannot see any excuses for that. The whole comp is measured by the same standards so if our guys are poorer than others the finger can be pointed at them. Same conditions for everyone.

Different positions definitely have different % expectations so all evaluation has to be weighted accordingly.

Riki makes fewer than one error a game. 4 of his errors, he made in a wet field shocker against the Knights (along with 37 tackles). He made 1 error against the Storm, 2 against the Eels, 0 against the Roosters, 0 against the Tigers. It's disingenuous to make out he's a dick fingered bludger.

Riki makes fewer than one error a game. 4 of his errors, he made in a wet field shocker against the Knights (along with 37 tackles). He made 1 error against the Storm, 2 against the Eels, 0 against the Roosters, 0 against the Tigers. It's disingenuous to make out he's a dick fingered bludger.
none of that I said, but to compare a backrower to a winger is being dumb on purpose.

Those top 50 lists of errors, missed tackles and other less flattering stats have quite a few Broncos near the top in several so I cannot see any excuses for that. The whole comp is measured by the same standards so if our guys are poorer than others the finger can be pointed at them. Same conditions for everyone.

Different positions definitely have different % expectations so all evaluation has to be weighted accordingly.

It also has the best Backrower in the competition(Kikau) equal number 1 for backrowers on Errors, so take the usefulness of that stat in the first place how you wish.

You are just parroting what every fan says. I don't think there was one Interchange that wasn't forced last night. What do you expect him to do with the bench? Leave players on there and not replace the injured ones? Lol.

3 weeks ago it was tesi that was to blame, now it's turpin and for some reason kevy... its more than just one or two players or the coach. Everyone apart from Oates and hosking were terrible last night. Our errors and poor discipline made us defend the whole time
My comment is in general mate. Settle down!!!
Have you noticed the things I pointed out in most of if not every game this season? Barring the magic round and a odd 40min here & there, I don’t reckon our boys performing full 80min. It surely are the 17 players that perform on the field but it’s certainly Kevs job to make sure to turn the team into a 80min playing group. He outrightly needs better supporting staff around him for his own good. If not sorted this for him asap, by round 10 next season, he would be deadman walking then the club and us fans will again go through the never ending sorting the coach saga.

none of that I said, but to compare a backrower to a winger is being dumb on purpose.
Not really, it's just the shit being thrown at Riki doesn't bear scrutiny, so we're down to clutching at straws. I can't be arsed going through every other game to collate someone else's data. It's not available where you just looked, is it?

Not really, it's just the shit being thrown at Riki doesn't bear scrutiny, so we're down to clutching at straws. I can't be arsed going through every other game to collate someone else's data. It's not available where you just looked, is it?
I just went to the most obvious place to check the stats:

I just went to the most obvious place to check the stats:
And so did I. Now get me Kurt Capewell's errors for the season, and maybe you'll understand why I randomly picked another Bronco from this list. Obviously, this is all beside the point.

And so did I. Now get me Kurt Capewell's errors for the season, and maybe you'll understand why I randomly picked another Bronco from this list. Obviously, this is all beside the point.
Not in the top 50 is all we know, so atleast to compare to Riki his total is lower though we know he has played less games due to Rep rounds etc.

Not in the top 50 is all we know, so atleast to compare to Riki his total is lower though we know he has played less games due to Rep rounds etc.
Great. Now please accept my apology for bringing Selwyn Cobbo's massive error rate into a discussion about how appallingly clumsy Riki is.

Not a fair comparison when it comes to errors .

One guy is running off the DH or half back . The other is getting passed the ball by the right centre when he is on the side line already , or jumping for bombs or diving for grubbers contesting the ball .

Riki doesn`t perform those high mistake rate moves .

Waaay higher error rate for the 2nd set of skills ...

Oh and by the way ,,,, how many bombs has Xavier Coates flown high and taken the ball to ground for tries this year ?

I was strongly informed that Melbourne and it`s plethora of AFL gurus was gonna turn him into the Alex Jezalenko of NRL .

Not a fair comparison when it comes to errors .

One guy is running off the DH or half back . The other is getting passed the ball by the right centre when he is on the side line already , or jumping for bombs or diving for grubbers contesting the ball .

Riki doesn`t perform those high mistake rate moves .

Waaay higher error rate for the 2nd set of skills ...

Oh and by the way ,,,, how many bombs has Xavier Coates flown high and taken the ball to ground for tries this year ?

I was strongly informed that Melbourne and it`s plethora of AFL gurus was gonna turn him into the Alex Jezalenko of NRL .
You're just plagiarizing this bloke:

You're just plagiarizing this bloke:

You are painting a different picture today though .
Making out as if Riki doesn`t make mistakes and Selwyn does , without the qualification you made in that post 2 weeks ago .

Selwyn outside Brenko scores double the amount of tries he has out side Kotoni .
Staggs is not exactly Mick Cronin / Mark Gasnier or even Jack fcking Reed when it comes to setting up his winger .

No impressed with Kotoni .

You are painting a different picture today though .
Making out as if Riki doesn`t make mistakes and Selwyn does , without the qualification you made in that post 2 weeks ago .

Selwyn outside Brenko scores double the amount of tries he has out side Kotoni .
Staggs is not exactly Mick Cronin / Mark Gasnier or even Jack fcking Reed when it comes to setting up his winger .

No impressed with Kotoni .
Please forgive me for lazily bringing Selwyn's name into a Riki bashing thread. I've already apologized two posts earlier. What more can I do?

Forget about Selwyn or anyone else. Let's get back to sticking it to the Kiwi in lipstick gazing longingly at his reflection.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • broncoscope
  • jd87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Nerd
  • BroncosMan
  • bazza
  • Bronx48
  • Skathen
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.