POST GAME Round 24 - Broncos vs Eels

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I'm just re-watching the game now and that was a truly horrific call. Never ever touched a Bronco, it was all Eels.

And not a single word qbout the refs abysmal performance in any news outlet either.
And you watch Annesley avoid it like the plague in his weekly briefing tomorrow

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Good eye, unbelievably the MRC missed it as well.

Hey @Super Freak, did you want to get the footage and Ask Kenty why the MRC are so inconsistent on crackdowns? We've got a player missing five weeks, and we couldn't even get a penalty for Blake's (that man again) text-book crusher.
I'd like one of you technologically advanced guys to isolate that tackle and post it on here so that a lot more on here can see it. During the game at that moment the crowd adjacent were outraged, screaming out and I knew so many were not only screaming about the tackle but the injustice of the malicious banning of TPJ for something similar.

I'd like one of you technologically advanced guys to isolate that tackle and post it on here so that a lot more on here can see it. During the game at that moment the crowd adjacent were outraged, screaming out and I knew so many were not only screaming about the tackle but the injustice of the malicious banning of TPJ for something similar.
Oates_Crusher.gif

Tom

State of Origin Rep
One on fifita in the 11th minute as well, though not as bad as that one.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
It seems a bit stop start, it looks worse when it's more fluid like in the fox replay. I hope it gets picked up and dealt with as severely as TPJs innocuous effort.
it won't ... the charges would have already been released for that game ... and it appears there have been none for either side

Old Mate

NRL Player
I'm just re-watching the game now and that was a truly horrific call. Never ever touched a Bronco, it was all Eels.

And not a single word qbout the refs abysmal performance in any news outlet either.
there was talk about bad referring, the forward pass call against the eels of course.

NSW stables

QCup Player
it won't ... the charges would have already been released for that game ... and it appears there have been none for either side
It is because the broncos are not cats that play for the penalty. Either oates or fifita could have stayed down and got a penalty.

Sivo from parra tried staying down to get a penalty for a crusher in the sevond half but thankfully it was clear there was no way it was.

Slippin Jimmy

NYC Player
It is because the broncos are not cats that play for the penalty. Either oates or fifita could have stayed down and got a penalty.

Sivo from parra tried staying down to get a penalty for a crusher in the sevond half but thankfully it was clear there was no way it was.
Yeah the lay down and grab the back of your neck is the new version of the dive that used to plague our game a few years ago. Our boys don't seem to do it (Joffa had a chance in the dying minutes of the Souths game too), so we don't get the penalty.

Pub Steak

QCup Player
Well what about the worst tackle of the night!!

I'm talking about the crusher tackle on Oates, 12 minutes in to the second half. Not only did it not receive a penalty, it wasn't even mentioned in commentary! Had Oates put his hand on the back of his neck and not arisen the Parra player would have received a 3-4 week suspension!!

It was text book crusher style yet very few seemed to notice, even some of we diehard fans. Check it out and tell me if I'm just being crazy. 12 minutes into the second half. Oates fields a kick.
Yep I'm with ya. TPJ get 5 weeks for a tackle nowhere near as crusher-like. There was another crusher, on Fifita towards the end of the game also. Both should be sent to the review committee.
- Merged

I don't see much in it , mainly because Oates twists to the side and the impact isn't on his neck.
You mean like Maloney did?

Last edited:

pagey

NRL Captain
Yep I'm with ya. TPJ get 5 weeks for a tackle nowhere near as crusher-like. There was another crusher, on Fifita towards the end of the game also. Both should be sent to the review committee.
- Merged

You mean like Maloney did?
No Maloney's was completely different, that was a reckless tackle. Didn't deserve 5 weeks but was definitely reckless and not needed.
- Merged

It was the intention that's the issue. TPJ was done for his intention, not for the result.
You can't tell me that TPJ didn't have intent to clean Maloney up , it wasn't a crusher but it was reckless.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter