POST GAME Round 24 - Broncos vs Eels

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
No Maloney's was completely different, that was a reckless tackle. Didn't deserve 5 weeks but was definitely reckless and not needed.
- Merged

You can't tell me that TPJ didn't have intent to clean Maloney up , it wasn't a crusher but it was reckless.
Err, I argue both tackles had intent.

pagey

NRL Captain
Err, I argue both tackles had intent.
No one gets done for intent for a crusher, it's just part of the wrestling no days. The issue is the players up top are always around the neck and shoulder area, trying to hold the player up . Then usually the 3rd player waits and then attacks the legs , making the player drop whilst still having the other 2 defenders around the neck. It's dangerous because it doesn't always go to plan and it results in pressure on players neck's. It's definitely not intentional but it's up to the nrl to wipe it out. You're likely to get a penalty from a legs tackle these days, it's a joke.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
No one gets done for intent for a crusher, it's just part of the wrestling no days. The issue is the players up top are always around the neck and shoulder area, trying to hold the player up . Then usually the 3rd player waits and then attacks the legs , making the player drop whilst still having the other 2 defenders around the neck. It's dangerous because it doesn't always go to plan and it results in pressure on players neck's. It's definitely not intentional but it's up to the nrl to wipe it out. You're likely to get a penalty from a legs tackle these days, it's a joke.
Well you certainly are an oddity! You'd be the only person I've known of who has a clear understanding of the technicalities and standards, let alone merits and failings of the rugby league tackle. The MRC and refs should give you a call.

pagey

NRL Captain
Well you certainly are an oddity! You'd be the only person I've known of who has a clear understanding of the technicalities and standards, let alone merits and failings of the rugby league tackle. The MRC and refs should give you a call.
I also understand sarcasm.

coreyh88

NRL Player
Has anyone ever actually been injured in a crusher? Mckinnon's tackle wasn't a crusher was it?

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
there was some female "Journo" during Annesley's weekly briefing that seemed really butthurt that we beat the Eels.

1st she asked about the Isaako field goal and Boyd apparently illegally blocking the kick

then after Annesley went on to finals scenarios and she brought up the forward pass no try ... then to continue her whinging, she asked about forward pass technology being brought into the game

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
there was some female "Journo" during Annesley's weekly briefing that seemed really butthurt that we beat the Eels.

1st she asked about the Isaako field goal and Boyd apparently illegally blocking the kick

then after Annesley went on to finals scenarios and she brought up the forward pass no try ... then to continue her whinging, she asked about forward pass technology being brought into the game
Was she Japanese? They really enjoy eels

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter