Round 24 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
As far as Mitchell goes, he should have been sent and he should cop a Grade 1 Reckless High Tackle. It's the same charge Tyrell Fuimaono copped for his tackle on Ryan Papenhuyzen at Magic Round and it's the same situation.

That carries a 400 point grading but he also has 60% loading from his Round 6 incident. So that will likely lead to a 6 week suspension which seems fair.

Best case scenario for Trell is he cops a Grade 2 Careless High Tackle which would amount to a three week suspension, making him available for either the Prelim or Grand Final depending on the results of Week 1.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
As far as Mitchell goes, he should have been sent and he should cop a Grade 1 Reckless High Tackle. It's the same charge Tyrell Fuimaono copped for his tackle on Ryan Papenhuyzen at Magic Round and it's the same situation.

That carries a 400 point grading but he also has 60% loading from his Round 6 incident. So that will likely lead to a 6 week suspension which seems fair.

Best case scenario for Trell is he cops a Grade 2 Careless High Tackle which would amount to a three week suspension, making him available for either the Prelim or Grand Final depending on the results of Week 1.
Would look bad on the nrl though (as if they care)but they set the precedent… it better season over for him.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Watching the incident back again on Kayo a few times, Manu should be commended for how much restraint he actually showed if nothing else. Mitchell deadset deserved to get put on his grubby ass for that crap. In the glory days of the 80's and 90's he would have had 8 Roosters vying for his blood.

He shouldn't play again this year, especially with the priors. If the NRL are at all serious about this head high crackdown, he won't.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Watching the incident back again on Kayo a few times, Manu should be commended for how much restraint he actually showed if nothing else. Mitchell deadset deserved to get put on his grubby ass for that crap. In the glory days of the 80's and 90's he would have had 8 Roosters vying for his blood.

He shouldn't play again this year, especially with the priors. If the NRL are at all serious about this head high crackdown, he won't.
This is the thing with the no punch rule, you pull that kind of dog shot back in the day and you’re going to physically regret it. Slapping players in the wrist a couple of weeks at a time teaches Repeat offenders nothing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I fucking hate Robinson but jesus christ I wish Kevvie had it in him to lose it in the press conference like Robinson did tonight, because god knows he has been justified to do so more than a few times this year, as recently as last week with the Aitken try.

Kev just doesn't have the spine needed to hold these ***** feet to the fire. Robinson does it because he knows he's got Politis watching his back.

I just have a feeling it is a club rule to to go after the ref/NRL in the media ... rule mind you that had been in place for all administrations.

No Broncos coach has ever done this despite being justified on numerous occasions.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Turned Robinson's presser off after he said Flegler should have been sent and the Rooster was in concussion protocols all week. Good to see a coach give it to the NRL but **** me, to go on like it only happens to Rooster's players is fucking funny.

Anyway, if Mitchell doesn't miss the rest of the year for that, then there is no hope for the NRL and it will show another reason why there are too many incompetent fucktards involved in the game. Mitchell needs to be called out on his shit and pulled into line. It's been going on for far too long. The bloke is a cockhead of the highest order.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
While I agree it’s cathartic watching Robbo spray the refs, last time he had a sook the whole game became an absolute circus with the send offs. We’ve been lucky that it calmed down but this could very likely bring that attitude from refs back again and I can’t handle that.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
While I agree it’s cathartic watching Robbo spray the refs, last time he had a sook the whole game became an absolute circus with the send offs. We’ve been lucky that it calmed down but this could very likely bring that attitude from refs back again and I can’t handle that.
Im kind of hoping it just results in Perenara's sacking.
That bloke has to go, he has repeatedly fucked up for the last 3 rounds with some absurd calls that have shone a spotlight on his incompetence.

Put any one of us in the bunker, dead drunk, and we would do a better job than that merkin.
He needs to go.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I was thinking exact same mate. What bothers me is because they know the Broncos don't stamp their feet and whinge like a school girl about poor officiating it will surely come back to bite us big time this weekend as if one of our guys so much as ***** a snook at a Cronulla player he'll be marched.

They know they can be heavy handed with us and get away with it. What's more they know the majority of the other fans have no problem with us being hammered. So we now serve as the NRL scapegoat in times of unrest in the Rorter's camp.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
They know the can be heavy handed with us and get away with it. What's more they know the majority of the other fans have no problem with us being hammered. So we now serve as the NRL scapegoat in times of unrest in the Rorter's camp.
Screenlicensed image

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The more I think about it, the more I am sure that Robinson wants to muddy the waters so much that the rules are relaxed and dog shots are allowed. Even the commenators were saying stuff along the lines of "That's how Radley plays. You have to just accept that he'll be out for a few weeks a year because if you take that out of his game he offers nothing". which is basically a piss-poor way of saying that he's a grub. If that's the only way a player can be effective, **** them off out of the game. Give me legal rib-cruncher every day of the week over cheap high shots and knee twists.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The more I think about it, the more I am sure that Robinson wants to muddy the waters so much that the rules are relaxed and dog shots are allowed. Even the commenators were saying stuff along the lines of "That's how Radley plays. You have to just accept that he'll be out for a few weeks a year because if you take that out of his game he offers nothing". which is basically a piss-poor way of saying that he's a grub. If that's the only way a player can be effective, **** them off out of the game. Give me legal rib-cruncher every day of the week over cheap high shots and knee twists.
Yeah Robbo is a flog. He whinges about player safety one week, the game admin brings in the circus off a crackdown literally on the back of his crying and then when his grub players start getting binned he cries about the send off being overreactions. The game chills out to reasonable levels and now the shoes on the other foot again hes sooking about player safety.

edit: though I should admit that it think he manipulates the officials and media as good as anyone. Instead of focusing on his team getting towelled up a week before the finals everyone is talking about the bunker. Next week the officiating will be doing all they can to make the roosters happy.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.