Round 24 Discussion

**** the Storm just play a **** of a game. Hynes was clearly hurt in that tackle but Pap couldn't give a **** and just dragged him up to play the ball. Total disregard for a team mate and win at all cost fucking attitude. Fucking grubby club.

Shouldn’t Hynes be assessed or is that only when they want a free interchange?

pool party GIF by Timeflies
Got photos of the storm at training this week

I don't mean he deliberately caved his face, but he deliberately went in to hit him hard. It was a tackle, it was a shoulder contact with not a lot of arm wrapping motion IMO. Latrell went in there to put a shot on. It wasn't like the Kobe send off where Kobe was just "there" waiting to take the impact as a tackler. Latrell was moving into the tackle.
Yea which i think is fine. Unfortunate mistake. It will happen. Still agree he deserves to miss the finals.

Parramatta rolled over Melbourne through the middle and it just allowed them to strip the Storm for numbers on the edges. Papali'i, Paulo and Brown laid a terrific platform and the playmakers nailed their opportunities.

Melbourne looked shellshocked. I don't think they have another gear in them and while they're capable of better they're about to find out the value of a Cameron Smith. In previous weeks, they had the luxury of other teams capitulating and picking up the pieces. Tonight the Eels didn't go away, things went against them and they looked very ordinary.

A well deserved win, but also a phenomenal achievement by Melbourne. 19 wins in a row is a fantastic achievement no matter which way you dice it.

who played fullback for eels after gufferson went off?

Moses only played the final 10. Helped come across to stop a Melbourne try but largely just played as a half who didn't have to defend ala Milford circa 2019.

Moses only played the final 10. Helped come across to stop a Melbourne try but largely just played as a half who didn't have to defend ala Milford circa 2019.
Sounds like Milford circa 2020-2021 too, tbh.

Yea which i think is fine. Unfortunate mistake. It will happen. Still agree he deserves to miss the finals.
My point was that relative to Kobe's send off for a high shot that was not due to a deliberate forceful tackle that accidentally went high, Mitchell is only sin-binned, which is less detrimental to the course of the game. There is no consistency, the rulings after the fact show this as well. It's either bias, incompetence, or both, and none of those options are good.

It's funny reading the handfull of comments in here around Bellamy and his anger issues and how reacts to the storm being below their best.

For a few years now I've wondered how he and in turn the players will cope with the storms inevitable down turn if he is still at the helm.

When Melbourne become just another team who go through the season losing games they should win, getting 40 put on them, finishing out of the 8, how will the bloke react then?

How long will players cop been absolutley sprayed by bellamy until he's blue week in week out. Especially their next generation of players if they just don't have the skill of the existing squad what's he going to do?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.