Round 25 - Broncos vs Dragons - Post Match Discussion

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Thaiday seems like such a great down to earth guy.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Why is it they can go to the video for the most trivial things but not for a huge call like that? Deadset anything that resembles a certain try must be checked but oh no we have to rush big calls like that.
Yeah I agree. You could see that he realised he'd fucked it up. Why not say we'll check it rather than potentially **** the game.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Do rugby league referees even know the rules of the game they officiate ... the sin binning of Gillett is the worst decision in rugby league history ... and thats saying something, give how absolutely USELESS (and thats being kind), the current group of referees are

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
love hodges at fullback, he's the man but he does lack the speed when he's the last line of defence. got burned by a forward. our front line will need to really step up next week to counter this

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Anyone else feel a bit bad for Griffin. I wish he wasn't such a nice guy. Be a lot easier if he was a hasler / Bellamy type

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't hate Griffin at all his just not the man for the job, I'd like to see the boys lift and beat the storm even if we don't or can't make the finals, at least he can leave on a good note then.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I couldn't be prouder of the team to eventually compose themselves and win after a disgraceful decision like that.

Ben Hunt - If the club doesn't do everything in their power to sign him long term, I propose we march on Red Hill and physically remove the moron that let him leave.

Ben Barba - He is finally playing with confidence again, IMO he has found his home at the Broncos ... Bennett take note.

Justin Hodges - He is playing great at fullback, not over playing his hand. I still think he should be back at center next season (to accomodate Milford) ... but give him a roaming role.

Martin Kennedy - Where the **** has that form been ... he has been improving rapidly the last few weeks, great to see. that is how he needs to keep playing. running hard and fast into the defensive line, using his size to his advantage.

Corey Parker - still a GOD, so glad he remembered to bring his kicking boots tonight.

Alex Glenn - has improved out of sight since an actually ball player has been playing 5/8

--------

Ben Cummins - a DISGRACE, should be told to go and ref u10s to learn the rules again ... USELESS.

--------

Oh and i was cracking myself up laughing at Thaiday while Griffin was being interviewed ... love the guy ... absolute larakin.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
Anyone else feel a bit bad for Griffin. I wish he wasn't such a nice guy. Be a lot easier if he was a hasler / Bellamy type
No not at all, we came 12th last year. Now we are relying on other teams to lose to make it into the finals. He's not up to first grade. But he's a good bloke just stay away from the Broncos.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
You can act like grubdogs and not get sin binned, but being 35m onside and you get marched for 10.

My first thoughts went back to the Bulldogs game and how long it took for Reynolds to get binned. Just a disgrace.

Great win by the boys. Hope they get up for Melbourne. Even if we were dead last and no chance of the finals, beating Melbourne would be the high point of the season.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Benny Hunt, in 5 years time will be in the top 3 halves playing Rugby League. He is just oozing talent from every pore.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
They summed up Hodges well during the commentary - he's looking good because he's not getting in the way when he doesn't have to. But feel free to laugh at my thoughts on his retirement, I'm very happy to be looking stupid right now, seeing as we're winning.

Hunt will get wraps, which are deserved. I really want to single out Kennedy for credit - his hard, no BS runs are what put us on the front foot, it's how he should have been playing all year. Shame he was never put back on the field. And Vidot, that first half-break when he just looked at the first defender, ingested some steam and stomped through like he was made of paper. Shame about the butterfingers on his line break.

And a severe dressing down to Thaiday. He was funny as **** after the game, but if you want to look at where momentum shifted, watch him. He'd already given away two cheap penalties, but for that last one Dugan (I think) was flopping around trying to milk one and Stupid Fat Sam gives him another little push while coming back. Absolutely fucking stupid and it's like no one's ever pulled him up on the fact he does it multiple times EVERY FUCKING Game. That penalty lead to the Marshall quick tap, the rest is history.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Apart from the unbelievable sin bin fiasco ,we were also hard done by in at least three hold down penalties which were extremely harsh . Hunt was just great and really reminds me of Tommy Raudonicus at his best. Great gutsy effort by everyone.Not perfect by any means , but this weeks assignment completed.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hodges - Classy as always, set up some great tries and just looks like he has so much more time than everyone else.Vidot - Very mixed game and while he does a mountain of hard stuff, those hands are shocking.Reed - Has been phenomenal the past month and an unsung hero tonight in defense, great game.Copley - Certainly looked like he bombed a try to Maranta but beats the first defender every time he has the ball. Quiet game by his standards.Maranta - This guy has arrived in my opinion, just super dependable.Barba - No mystery that we look potent with a proper six, great game again.Hunt - What a star, whatever it costs, sign him up long term.McGuire - Another tireless effort from our other second rower playing in the front row.McCullough - He was great in both attack and defense, really got us going all game, another unsung hero.Parker - This guy is a legend, just the most consistent player we've got and another phenomenal effort.Glenn - He was great tonight and has been the back end of the season.Gillett - Mixed bag and a part of the unfortunate controversy in the game, two good tries.Thaiday - He was on fire not on and off the field tonight.Wallace - Did he get any game time?Hannant - Good and bad stuff while he was on. Kennedy - Should have got more minutes, was damaging while on again. His last two games are better late than never.Oates - Solid game in limited minutes.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I couldn't be prouder of the team to eventually compose themselves and win after a disgraceful decision like that.

Ben Hunt - If the club doesn't do everything in their power to sign him long term, I propose we march on Red Hill and physically remove the moron that let him leave.

I've always been a fan of his but was definitely concerned that he might simply be in a purple patch. I don't think that's the case. He's definitely due a massive upgrade asap. As far as long term goes, it depends what you're talking. 3yrs is the sweet spot in my opinion with an option for a fourth.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
They summed up Hodges well during the commentary - he's looking good because he's not getting in the way when he doesn't have to. But feel free to laugh at my thoughts on his retirement, I'm very happy to be looking stupid right now, seeing as we're winning.

We've won two games in a row but one of those was against a bottom three team and the other was languishing at the bottom of the ladder with us. The calls for retirement were harsh but something needed to happen with Hodgo at Centre. It wasn't working.
I'll wait to see how he goes against Melbourne before praising the position change as the be all and end all.
I am also extremely interested to see what the referee's have in store for us next week too. They dudded us against Melbourne last time and this time Melbourne will be at home. If you are wondering I am talking about the video ref overturning the on field call of no try when Slater tackled Hunt in the air. (The video referee metioned everything but the contact on Hunt which is the only thing the on field referee asked him to check - as we know that is not allowed except when a Qld team is playing)..

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.