Round 25 - Broncos vs Dragons - Post Match Discussion

I've always been a fan of his but was definitely concerned that he might simply be in a purple patch. I don't think that's the case. He's definitely due a massive upgrade asap. As far as long term goes, it depends what you're talking. 3yrs is the sweet spot in my opinion with an option for a fourth.

3 years sounds about right IMO ... we could probably get him for 500-600k a season (given his love of the Broncos). but we need to make it happen ASAP

We've won two games in a row but one of those was against a bottom three team and the other was languishing at the bottom of the ladder with us. The calls for retirement were harsh but something needed to happen with Hodgo at Centre. It wasn't working.
I'll wait to see how he goes against Melbourne before praising the position change as the be all and end all.
I am also extremely interested to see what the referee's have in store for us next week too. They dudded us against Melbourne last time and this time Melbourne will be at home. If you are wondering I am talking about the video ref overturning the on field call of no try when Slater tackled Hunt in the air. (The video referee metioned everything but the contact on Hunt which is the only thing the on field referee asked him to check - as we know that is not allowed except when a Qld team is playing)..

After that Gillett sin binning tonight? I think Melbourne are in for a long night.

3 years sounds about right IMO ... we could probably get him for 500-600k a season (given his love of the Broncos). but we need to make it happen ASAP

Which is a fair enough amount for a player in contention for the dally m in his first proper full season at halfback and was in contention for a Queensland jersey, his also a club produced playmaker, some may say so what but I know fans have been screaming for the club to produce one of real potential since Lockyer, makes him very attractive from a fans perspective both on and off the field from the clubs perspective.

I'm sure the club will be dragging him and his agent into the office tomorrow and practically putting a blank cheque on the table

Hodges at fullback in attack is working. But he's too slow in defence and he gets caught out a bit because he can't cover as much ground as as other fullbacks do.

NRL Rules of the Game
Section 14.2
An offside player shall not take any part in the game or attempt in any way to influence the course of the game. He shall not encroach within ten metres of an opponent who is waiting for the ball and shall immediately retire ten metres from any opent who first secures possession of the ball.
An offside player is placed onside if:
(a) an opponent moves ten metres or more with the ball.
(b) an opponent touches the ball without retaining it.
(c) one of his own team in possession of the ball runs in front of him.
(d) one of his own team kicks or knocks the ball forward and takes up a position in front of him in the field of play.
(e) he retires behind the point where the ball was last touched by one of his own team.

NRL Rules of the Game
Section 14.2
An offside player shall not take any part in the game or attempt in any way to influence the course of the game. He shall not encroach within ten metres of an opponent who is waiting for the ball and shall immediately retire ten metres from any opent who first secures possession of the ball.
An offside player is placed onside if:
(a) an opponent moves ten metres or more with the ball.
(b) an opponent touches the ball without retaining it.
(c) one of his own team in possession of the ball runs in front of him.
(d) one of his own team kicks or knocks the ball forward and takes up a position in front of him in the field of play.
(e) he retires behind the point where the ball was last touched by one of his own team.

Time to tattoo this to Ben Cummins eyeballs

Re: Round 26 Broncos vs Storm - Pre Game Discussion

How, just how is it not possible that any one of the 4 game officials, or any of the NRL sideline officials allow that to happen? How? How does something like that happen in top grade?

I always make a point of not talking about refs after a game because you just have to overcome any shit decisions that go your way (especially after away games since you're pretty much guaranteed to lose the penalty count)

But.. the pigheadedness of Cummins to stick with the call even after he realised he was wrong..

Mod Note - Just remember that the swear filter also applies to videos. Please use spoiler tags in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 votes to Benny Hunt. This kid has a huge future ahead of him. His rate of improvement this year is just remarkable. Pay him whatever he wants.

2 votes to Sammy Thaiday. He played with more gusto and intent tonight than I've seen from him in a long time. Extra credit for the photobomb

1 vote to Matt Gillett. I was only heavily critical of him a couple of days ago, but he had a blinder. To come back from that disgraceful sin binning and score the match winning try was rugby league poetry.

Gillett was standing behind the ref....

155m4cj.jpg

Last edited:
TBH i read the first page only but thought i would give my 2 cents irrespective of previous comments

Hunt.....instead of ben hunt can we just call him MAD **** forever? he has kept us afloat this yea and if it wasnt for him i think we would be no chance for the top 8 this year

Corey Parker...people on this forum have questioned his position as captain, but he is a motherfucker when it comes to footy, tip of the hat to u sir

Thaiday...**** i love that ****, alot of people on this forum always complain about him, but ****, he's a mad ****

Alex glenn...although he hasnt been setting the world on fire, he's been very consistent all year and he's copped alot of shit from ***** on this forum all year too

oh yeah, sometimes i wish it was the IRL (Iraqi Rugby League) cause that ref would have been stoned tonight, and not the good kind of stoned either

shouldnt have watched the game whilst eating magic mushies either, thought alladin was playing hooker for a while and asked my dog "when did genie grant alladin the wish to play hooker for the broncos" he told me he didnt and that i was tripping but i beg to differ.

cant be fucked typing more but i have a novels worth of shite....

should not have had mushies and watched footy again

Active Now

• Santa
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.