Round 25 - Broncos vs Dragons - Post Match Discussion

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Matt Gillett: "When I came back on after being in the Bin the Ref said, "I'm sorry". So I guess he didn't know why he sent me to the Bin."

Unreal.

Discuss.

Just when we all thought the refereeing couldn't get worse, it does. The broncos did well to weather a tsunami of penalties in the second half.

That is close to one of our best victories in a long time. Cummins has refereed his last game of first grade and if he hasn't, it's a f**king disgrace.

Well, a win is a win.

We need the Storm or the Eels to lose this week.

Doubt Eels will lose to the Knights who say Ni, but Storm might lose to the Woosters.

Hey @superfreak can you pinpoint the moment when Cummins realised he got it terribly terribly wrong.

**** the Refs are incompetent. We should have cantered home in the match tonight but the refs had to go out and try and influence the match.

Hey @superfreak can you pinpoint the moment when Cummins realised he got it terribly terribly wrong.

maxresdefault204.jpg

Funny thing was Gould at one stage late in the second half was trying to make a big deal out of a knock on going against the Dragons like it was a massive call against them. Glad Gillett got the last laugh scoring that try.

by half time we looked like we'd win 50-4. enter refs and we win 30-22. good win nonetheless.

i would love to see a team walk off in protest and demand the officials check their howlers. that sin binning turned the game and could have cost us our season. these refs better be dropped for next week because someone needs to be held accountable.

griffin still confuses me with his bench use. hannant and kennedy were killing it tonight and they get taken off for the rest of the game? Mcguire tried like always but he was getting smashed every run tonight. I also thought there were a couple of times maranta had clear space to seal the game but both times copley hogged it.

seriously, how can a referee chase down benji for 40m then give a penalty....let a lone a sin bin for offside?????? God damn wheres my tin foil hat!

Matt Gillett: "When I came back on after being in the Bin the Ref said, "I'm sorry". So I guess he didn't know why he sent me to the Bin."

Unreal.

Discuss.

Shit like that makes me wants to stop following the NRL. The penalty is a clanger but the sin binning is worse. Cummins would have known almost immediately his mistake but he still forced Gillett to go the sin bin. You can act like grubdogs and not get sin binned, but being 35m onside and you get marched for 10. Took away almost all of my enjoyment of the game, almost to the point where I can't be bothered to point out that Hodges laid on two great tries and should therefore retire because he's useless and past it.

Ben Hunt very close to MOM, but obviously that goes to Cummins.

Ben Cummins in real life

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha Thaiday getting the old fella into the trolling.

**** like that makes me wants to stop following the NRL. The penalty is a clanger but the sin binning is worse. Cummins would have known almost immediately his mistake but he still forced Gillett to go the sin bin. You can act like grubdogs and not get sin binned, but being 35m onside and you get marched for 10. Took away almost all of my enjoyment of the game, almost to the point where I can't be bothered to point out that Hodges laid on two great tries and should therefore retire because he's useless and past it.

Ben Hunt very close to MOM, but obviously that goes to Cummins.

I see what you did there.

edit: what did i miss on the thaiday troll?

Last edited:
Why is it they can go to the video for the most trivial things but not for a huge call like that? Deadset anything that resembles a certain try must be checked but oh no we have to rush big calls like that.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.