Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How often do unstructured sides win premierships? They are often great to watch during the regular season, but the finals are often dominated by teams who play safer and smarter, and Grand Finals are really ONLY won by those teams. Really think we'll be wanting a halfback in the near future and hopefully Cam Smith in the coaching team ASAP.

What other sides don't have structure? Warriors maybe?

Jesus that was a long day, hiding, not making eye contact with people, not answering the million texts from fuckwits and I won't be looking at facebook for at least another 2 days... But as horrendous as we were I'm not giving up just yet, I still feel like something is brewing... I just can't get my head around how BAD they were! **** me

We just weren't at the races last night, no one really wanted to dig in save for a few individuals. Boyd had a shocker, I thought a poignant moment was when he fumbled the ball out of touch in the first half and got pushed over my Moereoa or someone, he just meekly got up and walked away.

I thought to myself, is that the body language you want to be showing as captain to the rest of your side? You're literally getting pushed around on and off the ball, and your response is to skulk away like an animal that's been defeated in a mating ritual, tail between the legs. Not exactly inspiring or motivating to the rest of the side.

Out-enthused in every aspect of play. No team has won the premiership after conceding 50 points in the regular season.......
Yeah, I know it's probably not in Boyd's nature to fire up - but I just wonder what would have happened if he had of arked right up and got into the face of the player that pushed him over. I'm sure the team would have all come running in to aid him more than they did. Could have really fired the team up to turn the attitude and perhaps the game.

The broncs are missing a mongrel/intimidating (Hodges) type player to fire up the team. I thought Sims could have been it at one stage but now I am just waiting and hoping that Bird will bring it. We need it.

As I said, it was a bad game, but not the disaster we all feel like it is. Players will get over it. Its more important to understand what went wrong, why it couldn't be dealt with this time, and put something in place for next time. For me, it was a failure of leadership, and the teams resilience to poor on field outcomes. They had and have the capacity to beat any team they face (especially parramatta). What they lack is mental fortitude to push through those moments and continue to compete against their opponents undiminished. Some showed they could cope (maguire , glen), others that they struggle and lose focus (Oates, Boyd, knik). They are not bad players. What they need is help, from Bennet and others (sport psychologist please!) to put the tools in place to cope.

Yeah, I know it's probably not in Boyd's nature to fire up - but I just wonder what would have happened if he had of arked right up and got into the face of the player that pushed him over. I'm sure the team would have all come running in to aid him more than they did. Could have really fired the team up to turn the attitude and perhaps the game.

The broncs are missing a mongrel/intimidating (Hodges) type player to fire up the team. I thought Sims could have been it at one stage but now I am just waiting and hoping that Bird will bring it. We need it.

Sims fired up but got smashed first and then got his arm broken when he had a second dig. Poor guy.

On a brighter note does anyone have a replay of that hit su'a put on late in the game. I was there live so didn't see a replay and am interested to know if it was as big as it actually looked.

McGuire reminds me a lot of a Tallis style captain. Not the most clever captain, not the most skilled, but the most passionate and a mongrel, as you've referred to. He's the player every other player would look at before the game and feel safe following, knowing that while he's leading you, you're in with a chance purely because he will do whatever it takes to win.

Now I'm not suggesting making him captain, but I do think he'd be better than Boyd. Boyd almost got it by default because Bennett loves him and he's the most experienced. But like Thaiday, I think the pressure of being captain almost saps his personal game - particularly when times are tough. Those same tough times are when people like McGuire shine.

More on Boyd, I believe he has been off since he was overlooked for Slater in Origin. He's never going to be a Tallis style captain, but he could be a Lockyer style captain. When his team needed him, Lockyer demanded the ball - I think back to Origin III 2006 where the refs did everything they could to win it for NSW, or the test match where Ricketson scored on the siren. Lockyer was everywhere when it mattered and without him, we would have lost those games.

On another note, although he got a case of the dropsies, I truly admired what Thaiday tried to do when he came back on on Thursday night - he was on a one-man mission to inspire the team with his charges. It didn't work as he dropped the ball, but at least he was willing to put his body on the line and give it everything he had.

If Boyd is going to lead us to the premiership, which I truly hope he can, he needs to find the ways he can inspire his team when they need him most.

Boyd is overrated and needs a swift kick in the ass to prove doubters wrong

He is regarded as over rated that's by myself as well. He is doing nothing in the way he's playing to prove otherwise.

Boyd was easily our best player in 2016. He's definitely gone backwards this year though.

As I said, it was a bad game, but not the disaster we all feel like it is. Players will get over it. Its more important to understand what went wrong, why it couldn't be dealt with this time, and put something in place for next time. For me, it was a failure of leadership, and the teams resilience to poor on field outcomes. They had and have the capacity to beat any team they face (especially parramatta). What they lack is mental fortitude to push through those moments and continue to compete against their opponents undiminished. Some showed they could cope (maguire , glen), others that they struggle and lose focus (Oates, Boyd, knik). They are not bad players. What they need is help, from Bennet and others (sport psychologist please!) to put the tools in place to cope.
Couldn't agree more... we already have a sports psych who works with the team occasionally though, there was an article a few weeks back about it. I think we need Marshall in the bench as a safety net in pressure situations to settle the team down, McGuire to front row may also spark a bit more "follow me forwards"-type behaviour because he will take the hard 1st or 2nd tackle rather then the 3rd or 4th when the set is finished

Does anyone know if we paid 3.5M for boyd over the next 4 years?

Does anyone know if we paid 3.5M for boyd over the next 4 years?

It is unlikely to be the case and if it is, that would not be the figure under the salary cap given TPAs, etc.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Tim K
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Bucking Beads
  • teampjta
  • The Don
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.