Round 25 - Broncos vs. Knights - Post Match Discussion

Lama Tasi has been a terrible buy. Size is so overrated IMO, Parker, McGuire and Gillett have been our best forwards this year, and none of them are particularly big. I think speed, fitness, footwork and general skills are more important in today's game.

im convinced hook has no idea. how can we keep blowing leads? we run our staring forward pack into the ground and simply cannot stay with teams who actually use BENCH ROTATION. tasi comes on after 50 mins for literally 5 mins?

its just not possible to match it with teams over 80 mins if you arent sharing the load.

maranta is fucking useless.

hunt worrying me a little. but keeping the faith he will go better after a full offseason as the 7

macca going off kills our flow EVERY game of late and wallace is a shocking dummy half. just keep running sideways mate.

thaiday might be decent if he went back to the 45-50 mins he's actually capable of. he should NOT be captain.

i love oates. few rookie errors but i can forgive him

i love reed. not the greatest player but he tries his absolute heart out

hannant needs to do more imo. bit too pedestrian for me.

lui is coming along really well i think. he must want a new contract? thought he was leaving..

etc..

EDIT gotta say big props to mcguires effort chasing uate. if he wasnt there uate runs around and places the ball under the posts with two hands.

Last edited:
Absolutely pitiful..............there is no way known that Sam should be in the first team let alone Captain.

What makes it even worse is the Newcastle were just plain ordinary and we still looked woeful.

I'm so angry!
Not because we lost.
Not because I don't love the broncs.
Stupid griffin keep picking shit players like Maranta!
Thiady gotta be the laziest player.
Got what we deserve.
So many games we should of won if the coaching wasn't so shit!

Didn't deserve to play finals anyway so the loss doesn't disappoint me so much. What disappoints me is that we let in some very very soft tries. Our defence has gone backwards this year. Needs to be fixed. We blew a fair few tries down the left as well. Thaiday was putrid. He is lazy and needs the riot act. We just aren't getting the best out of him. McGuire and Macca were outstanding.

unBreak - Is that your best attempt at insulting me? :laugh: Grow up.

It's funny because you think it was an insult, I'm just rubbing your nose in the fact that I was right, he's a disgusting captain, the worst I've ever seen for any club for a long time, doesn't lead by example, gives away more penalties than any other player, shit attitude, he's fat, his face annoys me, I think he purposely gave away that last penalty because he wanted a 10 minute rest.

Honestly disgraceful performance by him tonight, and the sad part is, it's one of many this year.

Be interesting to see if Tasi gets another contract. Was never going to be an overnight success and really was only brought in for depth purposes.

No it's funny because you went to the effort to write out 'Pig' instead of Big. Learn some respect.

Last edited:
Over it. Too gutted to even rant. Sick of the joke that is NRL refereeing, although the touchies made some great calls tonight. No way Thaiday should have been sent for that - week in, week out, we have to cop the opposition laying on us for 5+ seconds, and we get that? Fucking rubbish. I reinforce that I will not be watching the finals. Until the NRL get some consistency and accountability in their officiating (even bloody Gilbert was pointing out every shit or missed call) I refuse to watch anything bar the Broncos. Fucking sick of it. Every fucking week. We've been dudded this year in a big way, between injuries and the refs we never had a chance, coaching and cattle aside.

And Thaiday still ain't no captain. Macca was solid. McGuire and Oates will be superstars.

No more from me, rum's calling...

Mcguire is definitely number one prop for me now, Hannant is really lacking sting but saying that teams are hitting him with 3 defenders and nobody is supporting him.

Tasi for mine has just not had a decent amount of time on the field to show what he can do. I really don't know what Griffin is thinking with his interchanges.

EDIT gotta say big props to mcguires effort chasing uate. if he wasnt there uate runs around and places the ball under the posts with two hands.

That's an excellent point. Well, he might have still tried to plant it with one, but we can still call that a try saving run.

you just don't want him longterm cause he couldn't win a premirship if his life depended on it

IMO: He over trains them & sends sms shit to them all the time.

He is a 24/7 coach which is not healthy to him or the players.

Lama Tasi has been a terrible buy. Size is so overrated IMO, Parker, McGuire and Gillett have been our best forwards this year, and none of them are particularly big. I think speed, fitness, footwork and general skills are more important in today's game.

we need a coach who can teach and direct these guys. let's not forget they're footballers so they are naturally a bit dumb. tasi just doesn't have any direction, we need a coach who can utilise a plan for his size.

renouf nailed it by saying this team is not just shit but playing at their peak also. we're a 10-20 minute team. we lead 14-0 after 20 tonight and still lost. wtf? the way we were going and how the knights were playing we should have won easily. how does kearney have a job still? he must have doctored his resume pretty well because he's had a pretty abysmal record

Yeah he did an outstanding job there just to make it harder for the kick, it resulted in even a better result then we could have hoped for, its those little things that make a difference, we just aren't consistent enough for the full 80 minutes.

Last edited:
No it's funny because you went to the effort to write out 'Pig' instead of Big. Learn some respect.

Well that's awkward, that was an honest mistake, my point about Thaiday stands.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Dazza 92
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.