Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bird being in the extended squad is definitely pretty interesting. I dunno how fit he is, but having him at even 80% at left centre would be really good right now.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Every time I watch the ins and outs video, I keep waiting to hear Yow Yeh yell out "**** yeah!" at the end.

He did that in one of the videos and it was uploaded to the site. They took it down pretty quick, though.

I'm waiting for an ins and out video where they name Jharal Yow Yeh, a fan can dream right?

Last edited:
lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
If Gallen is so clued up on the Broncos, surely he would see that Bird is able to both play for a successful club that almost always makes the finals, and get his hand on the ball more often? By Gallen's own reasoning, Bird would be a fool to return to the Sharks, seeing as Bird gets to have his cake and eat it too at the Broncos.

Morkel did you watch the actual program rather than read the article? Having watched and having listened carefully to not only what Gallen said in the quoted parts of the article but what he said during the show, Huge and 1910 have it exactly right that he was not putting the Broncos down and was making a more general observation that about players not putting the team first and seeking out an opportunity to play a certain position. During that show he conceded that we could win the whole thing this year, but he noted that any of about six sides could do that, but he said on our day we can beat anyone.

Re Bird he finished that part of the show by saying who knows, he will probably come back next year for the Broncos fit and healthy and kill it, and everyone will love him and he will be happy. He said he is a weird kid.

I dislike Gallen as much as anyone, but I don't think that in this instance he was having a crack at us at all.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
It would be fantastic if Bird was fit for this game. If we can get him back and fully fit for the finals it would be a tremendous boost for our finals aspirations

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Or maybe you could stop and consider it from a position where you aren't emotionally invested in the Sharks?
Stupid comment as usual and like most non thinkers, a knee jerk response made without even attempting to understand the contrary position. Didn't expect anything less though still surprised that you simply lack the intelligence to attempt it. I don't give a **** about Gallen or the Sharks but I can still appreciate their position.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm really starting to think this friend of yours that supports the Sharks doesn't actually exist. It's you, isn't it?
All you have to do is google the winner of the $50,000 Sportsbet tipping comp from last year. That's him.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Morkel did you watch the actual program rather than read the article? Having watched and having listened carefully to not only what Gallen said in the quoted parts of the article but what he said during the show, Huge and 1910 have it exactly right that he was not putting the Broncos down and was making a more general observation that about players not putting the team first and seeking out an opportunity to play a certain position. During that show he conceded that we could win the whole thing this year, but he noted that any of about six sides could do that, but he said on our day we can beat anyone.

Re Bird he finished that part of the show by saying who knows, he will probably come back next year for the Broncos fit and healthy and kill it, and everyone will love him and he will be happy. He said he is a weird kid.

I dislike Gallen as much as anyone, but I don't think that in this instance he was having a crack at us at all.
I suspected as much but I didn't get to see the show. I was just reading between the lines and I know how selective omission can distort a person's view to seem to mean something completely different.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Stupid comment as usual and like most non thinkers, a knee jerk response made without even attempting to understand the contrary position. Didn't expect anything less though still surprised that you simply lack the intelligence to attempt it. I don't give a **** about Gallen or the Sharks but I can still appreciate their position.

Apologies, I completely misunderstood what you said, it’s hard to tell what you’re saying with a Sharks dick halfway down your throat.

You’re only sticking up for them because Sharks. Just like “Taggers” is going to play a big role for us off the bench because Sharks. You’re out of your mind if you think you have anyone even slightly fooled.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Apologies, I completely misunderstood what you said, it’s hard to tell what you’re saying with a Sharks dick halfway down your throat.

You’re only sticking up for them because Sharks. Just like “Taggers” is going to play a big role for us off the bench because Sharks. You’re out of your mind if you think you have anyone even slightly fooled.
Taggers would have played a big role for us had it not been for the emergence of some young forwards who surprised all and he was named in the extended side most weeks so was always close. Lynxx and 1910 ,both smart guys agree with my position on Gallens comments as well as others who do too, are they all sucking cronulla dicks ?

You really are a prize fuckwit.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

That’s the thing, I’m not bagging Gallen because he took a dig at us, I’m pointing out the flaw in his argument. Hypothetically, yes, He would have a point. By specifically naming Bird though, he showed that it’s not always simply an A or B choice, sometimes the move nets both.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
That’s the thing, I’m not bagging Gallen because he took a dig at us, I’m pointing out the flaw in his argument. Hypothetically, yes, He would have a point. By specifically naming Bird though, he showed that it’s not always simply an A or B choice, sometimes the move nets both.

Yes mate I understand that thank you. My impression from last year that he was unhappy at the Sharks and it was more than just the positional issue at play.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Taggers would have played a big role for us had it not been for the emergence of some young forwards who surprised all and he was named in the extended side most weeks so was always close. Lynxx and 1910 ,both smart guys agree with my position on Gallens comments as well as others who do too, are they all sucking cronulla dicks ?

You really are a prize fuckwit.

Tiggy Taggy Tutu was stuck behind players like Sims, who is neither young nor had a breakout year. Even when we were screaming out for some experienced starch, how many games did your boy play? It is abundantly clear to all who witness your posts that your self-proclaimed wisdom goes out the door the moment a vested interest is involved. How can you claim to be such a thinker and be totally blind to this?

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
If we can get a good win over Manly, we go into the finals with a massive chance IMO.
As long as we don't have to play Melbourne at any time thru the finals I believe we can go all the way.
Momentum is all we need to win it this year, there is no current stand out team, and some names are missing/some teams are shaking that were the more stand out teams.
Us along with the Warriors can really shake it up in this years finals series, lets just hope the boys don't get too carried away, and too confident.

This is made for Wayne.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
As long as we don't have to play Melbourne at any time thru the finals....

Personally I'm actually more worried about the Warriors, our worst case situation would be having to travel to New Zealand first week of the finals to play an excited Warriors team in front of a crowd of noisy kiwi's. They are a bogie team for us and their style of play troubles our defense.

We need to win this game and score enough points to keep the Warriors below us on the table.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
if we do beat Manly and still do not make the four (Still mathematically possible) it means if we win the GF we will have had to have won seven games straight. While it is also fairly doable if we avoid any further injuries and Bird comes good and shores up that left edge it is still a huge ask of a team that has been inconsistent all season.

One lives in hope, it would make it all the sweeter if we do win the big dance despite the amount of adversity we have had to overcome this year. The Manly game is a perfect opportunity to test Bird out, allow him a run and see how he goes Benny knows 'testing' him in a do or die semi-final is just too risky.

I'm half expecting him not to play though and Benny is just trying to offer the media some scraps to chatter on about in the hope it takes the pressure and spotlight away from 'Dick' Turpin.

Active Now

• Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mrslong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.