Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I was more referring to our long kicking game, but i definitely agree with SOS and the energy he brings. He is often leading his own kick chase.
Our long kicking game is as basic as anyone's out there. I think we need to empower Staggs, Isaako and McCullough, give them a licence to come in on the fourth and fifth tackles and create multiple targets. As it stands the opposition know to target Milford because he's our number one bomber but I have little doubt Isaako could put 20 metres more height into a kick as that of Milford such is Isaako's sweet timing. Stagg kicks beautifully too and I've always thought McCullough doesn't kick often enough.

At the end of it all is our kick chase which I thought needed work over the last two or three games. It hasn't been good enough on Isaako's side.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Round25Team

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Am I missing something with Ofa? Did he injure himself?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bizarre.

I hope Turpin does more than shovel the ball to a flat footed prop and punt a pointless bomb on the 5th. I have a bad feeling about our play making and point scoring potential for this super important game. I thought SOS was doing so well as a genuine half who actually attacked the line more than once every 80 minutes

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm pretty much guessing SOS has no future here and/or Turpin is a serious possibility of being halfback next year too.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
There’s an old coaching philosophy, one that Bennett preached too (as mentioned in his book ‘Don’t die with the music in you’).

Select your best players first and then worry about their positions second.

It looks like Seibold is a fan of that idea too. There’s no doubt that Turpin is a better player than SoS, the debate comes down to whether you subscribe to this approach or if you prefer to select players based on positions.

I guess we’ll see how it pans out.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Bizarre.

I hope Turpin does more than shovel the ball to a flat footed prop and punt a pointless bomb on the 5th. I have a bad feeling about our play making and point scoring potential for this super important game. I thought SOS was doing so well as a genuine half who actually attacked the line more than once every 80 minutes
It's not really a "super important game." Seibold is doing the right thing by putting Turpin back at 7 having sat in the box next to him for the last fortnight. He has a week to show he deserves the spot more than SOS - that he's learnt what the coach needs - for the week after, which IS a "super important game."

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Am I missing something with Ofa? Did he injure himself?

he injured himself during training prior to the Eels match.

my guess is he'll have a fitness test later in the week and if he passes will come into the team (possibly for Kennedy)

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
he injured himself during training prior to the Eels match.

my guess is he'll have a fitness test later in the week and if he passes will come into the team (possibly for Kennedy)
Thanks

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I'm pretty much guessing SOS has no future here and/or Turpin is a serious possibility of being halfback next year too.
Yeah I’m starting to think SoS won’t be here next year now also..seems odd. I would have had turps in for seggy, or even had turps starting and Macca on the bench (play limited mins) and rest him prior to the finals.
Things can all still change though..
it’ll be interesting.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's not really a "super important game." Seibold is doing the right thing by putting Turpin back at 7 having sat in the box next to him for the last fortnight. He has a week to show he deserves the spot more than SOS - that he's learnt what the coach needs - for the week after, which IS a "super important game."

You are right, my mistake about the importance of this game in terms of the table. If we lose we will finish 8th barring the ludicrous possibility of a Sharks-Tigers draw.

Having said that, I still believe this is a super important game insofar as if we lose, for mine it will not do much for the teams confidence going into the finals where the pressure is a lot greater than for this game. A win against the Dogs is critical for our finals campaign such as it might be. A loss? Good grief, why bother.

Also, after 2 good games with SOS, further developing some decent combinations, the one with Fifita looking promising, we now end up with a new half, one who for mine doesn't inspire with playmaking skill.

I think it is a retrograde step.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
I guess one positive of having Turpin out there is that he strikes me as the kind of guy who will really want to pay back his team mates for his fuckwittery in getting suspended. Of course, that could backfire and he overplays his hand. It's an odd one as I don't think SOS deserved punting after his previous performances, but something has to give...I'm looking at you McCullough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Battler
  • MrMoore
  • mrslong
  • Bronx48
  • thenry
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • BroncosMan
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Howie
  • bert_lifts
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.