Round 25 Discussion

I wonder if the Warriors will enter the worst team conversations. Walsh looks primed to have a second year syndrome, SJ is out injured as many weeks as he is in and they have a lot of inconsistent players. Nah, I'm talking silliness, surely it is between the Cows and Tigers.
I agree, They will be in the conversation. Lodge won’t be starting next season he’ll be suspended surely. Brown is a horrible coach and won’t have a plan to get Walsh out of the pressure cooker that he himself has put himself in by not waiting with us.

I wonder if the Warriors will enter the worst team conversations. Walsh looks primed to have a second year syndrome, SJ is out injured as many weeks as he is in and they have a lot of inconsistent players. Nah, I'm talking silliness, surely it is between the Cows and Tigers.
Yeah, Walsh has fallen off a cliff. He's finding out it's tough in the NRL and mightn't have been the worst idea to bide his time as an apprentice for a bit.

the Warriors still have one thing that the Cows and Tigers don't ... Nathan Brown 😉

the Warriors still have one thing that the Cows and Tigers don't ... Nathan Brown 😉
For half the year they had Brown and the Chad... surprised they didn't put in a surprise run for the spoon

Yeah, Walsh has fallen off a cliff. He's finding out it's tough in the NRL and mightn't have been the worst idea to bide his time as an apprentice for a bit.
Yep, he’s finding it harder too now that teams haven’t got one eye on RTS.

Tigers comfortably IMO. I mean, who have they got coming in? The Warriors at least have SJ "coming home" and Walsh will have a full preseason with the squad and hopefully has learned that he isn't the ducks nuts over the last month or so.

Kane Evans is facing a combined 7 matches on the sidelines (2 charges)

Lodge is facing a 1 match suspension, even with an early guilty (misses a 2 match suspension by 3 demerit points)

Walsh is facing 1 match suspension

Tigers comfortably IMO. I mean, who have they got coming in? The Warriors at least have SJ "coming home" and Walsh will have a full preseason with the squad and hopefully has learned that he isn't the ducks nuts over the last month or so.

Fox Sports reporting that the Tigpies have $1.6 million free in the cap for next season and have 4 spots on their roster to fill

Fox Sports reporting that the Tigpies have $1.6 million free in the cap for next season and have 4 spots on their roster to fill

Will wait and see then I guess, but I don't have much hope for them. They'd have to be looking for a new coach I think. Madge has had 3 years and they aren't improving at all. Hopefully they sign Green

Gildart will be a good signing for them. They just need to bring in some culture changing, solid performers and hope they can slowly rebuild their reputation.

Kane Evans is facing a combined 7 matches on the sidelines (2 charges)

Lodge is facing a 1 match suspension, even with an early guilty (misses a 2 match suspension by 3 demerit points)

Walsh is facing 1 match suspension
Soooo how does Lodge's shot on Peachy get less than Piakura's from a couple weeks back???

I didn't watch the sharks game, but I'm guessing it was for a shot on the half after they passed it based on what's been said here.

If so Lodge's was definitely late and he's got several priors and loading... compared to Piakura who had played about 6mins of footy.

The Tigers can have $2 million spare and 1 spot and still get no one, they just are not attractive to anyone decent.

Pretty much. They're in a very unenviable position. The local areas that they cover are hardly attractive places to live even on huge money, the organization itself has clearly got a bad case of complacency AIDS (Broncos supporters are well placed to notice those sorts of trends), Madge has a reputation for being a hard ass coach which most players wouldn't be keen on playing under and they have not got one single marquee player in their current roster that you could point at and say "I would love to play alongside him".

They're just up shit creek without a paddle, and it makes me feel sorry for Madge because I don't blame him at all. His attitude and work ethic is exactly the sort that a club and playing group trapped in an endless cycle of mediocrity needs. He is just a victim of all the rot surrounding him. It makes you wonder where the Tigers would be at today if things fell more their way and they could have held on to the likes of Tedesco, Marshall and even fucking Sharon.

I guess it's easy to forget they also had weeds like Farrah hanging around stinking the place up and undermining the coach and administration for a long time as well, and it set the same rotten culture trend that has stuck with them ever since.

Soooo how does Lodge's shot on Peachy get less than Piakura's from a couple weeks back???

I didn't watch the sharks game, but I'm guessing it was for a shot on the half after they passed it based on what's been said here.

If so Lodge's was definitely late and he's got several priors and loading... compared to Piakura who had played about 6mins of footy.
Piakura can actually tackle.

That's seriously the difference. Both were as late as the other, the difference was Piakura drilled Trindall whereas Lodge's was a lazier effort.

They've got the Jackson Hastings coming next year who is a marquee signing for them, and Gildart who is another SL player.

Other than that, not much but I'm hoping they decide Oates, Isaako and Flegler are really good buys.

You'd want to keep Oates even on 500k? I like the guy but he's bloody overpaid.

i suspect he won't get 500k on his next contract which at most has 1 year to run.

secondly since we got the good version of Oates back, the one that can miraculously find a way to get the ball down and makes great meters (especially the tough ones out of our own end), is worth every cent of the 500k we're paying him.

if you were talking about the Seilbold (wish) version of Oates, you'd be right, that guy was worth SFA.

we have him for another year, i'd rather not help the Tigpies out, or any other club for that matter ... **** them

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Pablo
  • MrRobot
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tmac
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.