Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Reed still injured?
Or was he simply not selected?

Possibly still injured.

Bennett said he would be out for 1-2 games.

He could still play. I think we could see a couple of changes before the game.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I definitely think if the Broncos are serious about winning a premiership this year, they've got to win this clash.

Saturday was disappointing, but I thought there was enough positives there to be satisfied with the performance. If they don't build on those positives though, then I get the feeling that the Broncos will be out in straight sets and we go into 2016 with nothing but mixed feelings.

I liked a lot of what I saw on Saturday, I just want to see some more structure and more input from the forwards with the ball.

Everything else basically goes without saying.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I'm sure Bennett wouldn't pick him in the finals, but what is the status of Vidot's "finger" injury.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I'm sure Bennett wouldn't pick him in the finals, but what is the status of Vidot's "finger" injury.

Still 'healing' from the 'surgery' and the 'stitches' that run the whole length of this finger.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Lol Vidot has obviously sustained his hand injury outside of footy. I'm guessing he punched a window or something along those lines and Bennett is just off him now. Good news

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
With numpties like Alex Johnston at fullback and no real hole runners on the edges (other than Turner, and he isn't particularly deadly), their attack just doesn't strike me as very threatening.

On the other hand, they could just tire us out by dominating the forwards and having Reynolds pin us in goal each time... especially with a 5 day turnaround.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Still 'healing' from the 'surgery' and the 'stitches' that run the whole length of this finger.

That's a lot of quotation marks, are you implying that there's no injury to speak of and Bennett just wants nothing to do with him? Don't reply if the answer is yes.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
That's a lot of quotation marks, are you implying that there's no injury to speak of and Bennett just wants nothing to do with him? Don't reply if the answer is yes.

The opposite, I was mocking old mate and his obvious effort to suggest there is no injury. I've seen the x-ray with two screws and the stitches the whole length of his finger- hard to fake those.

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
Love it if we keep the fact we haven't lost to the same team twice this season going. That way no matter who we face in the finals we know we've beaten them once!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Hopefully Reed produces his 'A' game then from here on in.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Good to have Reed back but I would have liked to see another game from Copley.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Cannot expect Copley to improve if he only gets a game here or there. His defense was bad but so was Reeds.

His shoulder needs to be up to the task because im sick of seeing trys scored down that side.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm slightly disappointed but completely understand where Wayne is coming from with this selection. While I believe Copley is the better centre period, it isn't the case this year and he simply doesn't have the combination that Reed does. Invariably, he was always going to make way and there was really nothing to be gained by keeping him on.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm one of Copley's biggest fans but we aren't at a point where we can give him game time in the hope he will be better in a few weeks. He needed to be great straight away to keep his spot. Reed has done enough to have locked down his spot heading into the finals (for this year).

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Scorchie
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Scdeac
  • MrRobot
  • Santa
  • Alec
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.