PRE-GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're one of those deluded flogs that thinks the Broncos can still sign players on big unders. Those days are over, sadly.
It’s only a Melbourne and Bondi thing these days.

Melbourne with their undisclosed tranches of BETr shares and the Roosters with their unlimited supply of nose beers, Doritos, and eastern suburbs terrace houses

Being completely honest even for a good team Pats market Value would be 1.05 mil right now from what I see, he is still on the younger side, has leadership qualities and can play 80 mins in the middle at a top middle level.

if we are talking bad teams 1.1 to 1.2 mil, he is the best forward in the game in 2024 no question.

From what I have heard we are paying him around the 900k mark but it's likely with cap growth inbuilt to the contract(normal for key players so that will likely rise to a mil shortly), we are getting massive unders, the other player in our team that you could say is taking huge unders is Reyno at least on ability and if he can play most of the season, he is on around 800k.

For a player from Sydney he never really seemed to be looking for the headline contract figure just a team that wanted him, if he can do the majority of the season he is a Mil a season halfback easily value wise, he definitely deserves some credit for that imo.

Patty is $850k from my knowledge.

he clearly hit the open market because the Phins made him an offer. he rejected that for a, to quote his manager, "far superior" offer from us.

I have no doubt he loves the club, but the Phins made it easy for us to retain him by not making a competitive offer. who knows home many other offers he received. maybe he didn't want to leave Brisbane, so only considered us and the Phins, or maybe other clubs were as foolish as the Phins management and didn't rate him that highly.

I get that you have man-crush on him, and quite rightly so, but you've got to take those rose coloured glasses off and look at reality.
He clearly didnt. You need to do some fact checking.He signed his extension in march 2023. Thats the time when if he went to market he would have got massive offers. Thats way before the November 1st time he could have hit the market.

Case closed on that one really. I think you must be getting mixed up with 2021, which as i said previously, was when he signed for about $450k - 500k a year and plenty of people on here were complaining it was too much money.

Only the storm can do that these days. However they "afforded" Stefano from the tigers needs to be made public.

No one ever seems to want to leave either or be willing to ‘test the market’. Then they still have money to bring in a Coates of Utoikamanu. Remember when they used to do that with say a Crocker?

But no the Storm would never do dodgy salary cap things, can’t even imagine it.

The dolphins team looks substantially better than it did on team list Tuesday. No walsh, mam, Mariner, kobe and an underdone haas will make this a real challenge.

The dolphins team looks substantially better than it did on team list Tuesday. No walsh, mam, Mariner, kobe and an underdone haas will make this a real challenge.
What happened to Mariner?

Got a question, my subscription with Kayo has run out. I don't know if I should renew or not :(

Melbourne with their undisclosed tranches of BETr shares and the Roosters with their unlimited supply of nose beers, Doritos, and eastern suburbs terrace houses

Certainly sounds more enticing than a chicken sandwich don`t it ?

When did Mariner get ruled out with the flu? This team cant catch a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.