PRE-GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s talking about the stand down and just got the words mixed up.
I think he was thinking standdown, then realised he can't say that and wanted time off.

Kevvie's brain: "don't say standdown, don't say standdown, don't say standdown, don't say standdown"

Kevvie: "Yep Cobbo's back from a stand.... off"

Kevvie's brain: "nailed it"

Lol at Wayne's bench... chance none of them even make the team

JMK and TPJ absolute certainties for this game.

Dolphins will be lining this one up as their GF... hope we fucking smash the *****

And we're down to one left on the named bench... Old Wayne and his shenanigans

I think Walsh would/does......

that would be a big ask when not even Patty Carrigan took unders to stay with us ... and he loves the club as much as anyone

Unders for Walsh would be about 1 mil, he is a 1.2-1.3mil player tbh and he will get better given his age which will factor into that.

It would be completely unrealistic to expect him to take under a Mil though.

That's just childish and stupid.

I'd be doing it on his front lawn with round up.
There it is @Mr Fourex. Do his walls and his lawn.
Roman Candle in the letterbox?!

Unders for Walsh would be about 1 mil, he is a 1.2-1.3mil player tbh and he will get better given his age which will factor into that.

It would be completely unrealistic to expect him to take under a Mil though.

Unless you're one of those deluded flogs that thinks the Broncos can still sign players on big unders. Those days are over, sadly.

Unless you're one of those deluded flogs that thinks the Broncos can still sign players on big unders. Those days are over, sadly.

Dont think we need to ask them to take big unders, but they could take a bit less. Annoys the shit out of me when they profess their love for the club and their team mates but then the contract negotiations come around and they dont seem to want to take less to keep others around.

Dont think we need to ask them to take big unders, but they could take a bit less. Annoys the shit out of me when they profess their love for the club and their team mates but then the contract negotiations come around and they dont seem to want to take less to keep others around.

even your boy took the biggest offer.

sometimes the size of our offer comes down to what other clubs are prepared to pay to lure them away. and if the player is valuable enough (like Walsh, like Haas) then that will obviously force our hand.

Patty Carrigan signed a long term deal with us at a time when he apparently wasn't rated highly by rivals, which meant we got him cheaper than we should have.

If Carrigan was off contract now, there is little to no doubt he would have all 17 clubs interested in signing him, that would have switched the power in the negotiations from the club to him. and when we offered him the sort of money Haas is getting, I have no doubt that he would have not told us that the offer is too high, that we should use some of that cash to retain other players. (despite how much Patty loves this club)

even your boy took the biggest offer.

sometimes the size of our offer comes down to what other clubs are prepared to pay to lure them away. and if the player is valuable enough (like Walsh, like Haas) then that will obviously force our hand.

Patty Carrigan signed a long term deal with us at a time when he apparently wasn't rated highly by rivals, which meant we got him cheaper than we should have.

If Carrigan was off contract now, there is little to no doubt he would have all 17 clubs interested in signing him, that would have switched the power in the negotiations from the club to him. and when we offered him the sort of money Haas is getting, I have no doubt that he would have not told us that the offer is too high, that we should use some of that cash to retain other players. (despite how much Patty loves this club)

He took the Broncos offer, he didnt go to the market last time around because he wanted to stay, but he would have got bigger offers than ours. Previously, he had turned down bigger offers from other clubs to stay here. I think the contract most were whining about on here was around 2020 or 2021 where we put him on a $450k a year contract.

If Pat wanted to get a bigger offer, he would have waited to hit the open market, he didnt. I think thats a pretty good indicator that if we pay him fairly, he isnt going to hold us to ransom like other. His value would have been very high in 2023 if he wanted to test the market.

He took the Broncos offer, he didnt go to the market last time around because he wanted to stay, but he would have got bigger offers than ours. Previously, he had turned down bigger offers from other clubs to stay here. I think the contract most were whining about on here was around 2020 or 2021 where we put him on a $450k a year contract.

If Pat wanted to get a bigger offer, he would have waited to hit the open market, he didnt. I think thats a pretty good indicator that if we pay him fairly, he isnt going to hold us to ransom like other. His value would have been very high in 2023 if he wanted to test the market.

he clearly hit the open market because the Phins made him an offer. he rejected that for a, to quote his manager, "far superior" offer from us.

I have no doubt he loves the club, but the Phins made it easy for us to retain him by not making a competitive offer. who knows home many other offers he received. maybe he didn't want to leave Brisbane, so only considered us and the Phins, or maybe other clubs were as foolish as the Phins management and didn't rate him that highly.

I get that you have man-crush on him, and quite rightly so, but you've got to take those rose coloured glasses off and look at reality.

Going to the game. With River fire………. Not sure Bus, Train or Uber. What are others doing?

Being completely honest even for a good team Pats market Value would be 1.05 mil right now from what I see, he is still on the younger side, has leadership qualities and can play 80 mins in the middle at a top middle level.

if we are talking bad teams 1.1 to 1.2 mil, he is the best forward in the game in 2024 no question.

From what I have heard we are paying him around the 900k mark but it's likely with cap growth inbuilt to the contract(normal for key players so that will likely rise to a mil shortly), we are getting massive unders, the other player in our team that you could say is taking huge unders is Reyno at least on ability and if he can play most of the season, he is on around 800k.

For a player from Sydney he never really seemed to be looking for the headline contract figure just a team that wanted him, if he can do the majority of the season he is a Mil a season halfback easily value wise, he definitely deserves some credit for that imo.

well, if you want to redefine how the term "unders" has always been used, then be my guest
Amazing that you consider Carrigan not on Unders but good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • kman
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.