PRE-GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that corey Parker can dish up injury excuses for the dolphins saying they have been without fleger, Marshall King etc. But not accept the same excuse for the Broncos?

By salary cap our outs this year have been enormous. Literally our highest paid players have all had significant stints on the sidelines this year. I don't understand how these commonetators can call it an excuse for one team but not another.

He was asked why they’ve fallen in a hole again and offered up age, injury and Origin. Then also said he thinks 9-10th is a fair representation of where they’re at currently and they were never a true top four team.

Seems reasonable to me.

He was asked why they’ve fallen in a hole again and offered up age, injury and Origin. Then also said he thinks 9-10th is a fair representation of where they’re at currently and they were never a true top four team.

Seems reasonable to me.
Its not. There's a big double standard.

Parker is probably the most hated ex bronco these days. Sad to see him be such a narcissistic loser.

Reports today that while they were building their inaugural roster, most at the Dolphins didn't rate Pat Carrigan or think he had what it takes to be a leading NRL player. Only Wayne Bennett wanted him.

Pat Carrigan's manager, Jeff Jurotte said

“The Dolphins had mixed views about Pat,”

“Wayne Bennett liked Pat and wanted him, but there were others there who didn’t rate Pat and didn’t think he had what it took to be a leading NRL player.

“That’s ultimately what it came down to.”

“We had a meeting with Wayne,” Jurotte said.

“He said before you make a decision, come back to me, but the offer from the Dolphins was really insignificant.

“The offer basically said the Dolphins didn’t rate Pat.

“Wayne was the one guy really keen on Pat. He believed there was a lot of upside in Pat and thought he would get good coaching under him, but when their offer came in, Pat was never going to leave the Broncos.

“I wouldn’t say the offer was peanuts, but the offer from the Broncos was far superior, so it was a no-brainer for Pat to stay at the Broncos.”

Pat’s commitment to the Broncos is extraordinary,” Jurotte said.

“I’ve never seen a guy care so much about the club.

“Pat will go in on his days off and do extras, even when he is injured. I know the loss in the grand final last year really hurt Pat.

“The cash component was not everything to Pat. He said I just want to get what I’m worth, but I want to make sure we have the money to keep this group together and sign the players we need to win a premiership.

“That sums up Pat’s attitude.”

Plath, JMK, TPJ and Stone all in for Dolphins.

Fuller to fullback, Hammer to centre.

Mariner on Hammer. ****.

A few changes for the Phins by the looks of it.

Hammer to the centres with Averillo in the halves and fuller to fullback. a few others also

Katoa on the bench for the Dolphins.

Strange decision.

Reports today that while they were building their inaugural roster, most at the Dolphins didn't rate Pat Carrigan or think he had what it takes to be a leading NRL player. Only Wayne Bennett wanted him.

Pat Carrigan's manager, Jeff Jurotte said

“The Dolphins had mixed views about Pat,”

“Wayne Bennett liked Pat and wanted him, but there were others there who didn’t rate Pat and didn’t think he had what it took to be a leading NRL player.

“That’s ultimately what it came down to.”

“We had a meeting with Wayne,” Jurotte said.

“He said before you make a decision, come back to me, but the offer from the Dolphins was really insignificant.

“The offer basically said the Dolphins didn’t rate Pat.

“Wayne was the one guy really keen on Pat. He believed there was a lot of upside in Pat and thought he would get good coaching under him, but when their offer came in, Pat was never going to leave the Broncos.

“I wouldn’t say the offer was peanuts, but the offer from the Broncos was far superior, so it was a no-brainer for Pat to stay at the Broncos.”

Pat’s commitment to the Broncos is extraordinary,” Jurotte said.

“I’ve never seen a guy care so much about the club.

“Pat will go in on his days off and do extras, even when he is injured. I know the loss in the grand final last year really hurt Pat.

“The cash component was not everything to Pat. He said I just want to get what I’m worth, but I want to make sure we have the money to keep this group together and sign the players we need to win a premiership.

“That sums up Pat’s attitude.”
The only Bronco that came out this year looking to make amends for last year.

Possibly Staggs is second behind him, but took a while to get started.

Surely you’d move Cobbo to centre and put Karapani on the wing

I'll be interested to see the attitude we play with.

Will Staggs make it personal with Herbie??

Sure as shit know Herbie will towards Staggs.

Will the forward take it personal to win their battles??

They wont be playing in September if a platform isnt laid for the backline.

Dolphins wont beat themselves and Bennett will have them primed... but they may be lacking in fire power to put points on the board.

They will want an arm wrestle so we need to be ready to grind... until we can break their backs and let the points flow.

The longer it grinds the more it leans into a style of play that Dolphins want

If I see that tv advert ‘This is Phinland’ one more time I’m going to throw up in my mouth.

Battle of Brisbane? They’re not in Brisbane dickheads!!!!

The is everywhere, maybe they are even the friends we made along the way.

Its not. There's a big double standard.

Parker is probably the most hated ex bronco these days. Sad to see him be such a narcissistic loser.

This Parker hates the Broncos story doesn’t stack up. I read about the hated and venom so go read the articles and it’s Parker saying Broncos need to be fitter or missed too many tackles.

His radio show with Heals is 85% Broncos and I think Heals is harder on Broncos than Parker.

Last night he’s there at the captains’ function with all the other captains loving life and the Broncos.

I don’t think people actually read what he says because I’m yet to read any hatred.

- Aquaman not too good today, sounds like he will be out, unlikely to play
- Cobbo into the centres most likely but Josiah might go there
- Cobbo was good after a 'standoff' - not sure what this means but sounds concerning
- Payne is playing and will start, no one brings Haas off the bench
- Payne gives us everyone a lot of confidence
- Let's not talk about injuries, we've had our fair share and still have
- Such a game brings hype to the fans and is great for the players
- Badel incoherent ramblings about the other coach - skipped this bit as usual
- Kev doesn't care about other clubs - love Kevvie
- Freaking Badel wasting precious time of an interview on Bennett
- The season hasn't been frustrating, its the wrong word, its been frustrating
- We'll be playing finals
- We've got to play the full 80, we've only played 60 and 70 minutes recently
- We've spoken about playing the full 80, its up to the players now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Skyblues87
  • scobie
  • pagey
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • johnny plath
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Bish
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dexter
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.