PRE-GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the confidence about this game, hopefully Haas plays, but he doesn’t solve our issues in defence. The phins haven’t been great either, but they will be up for this one and Benny will have them testing us out on the edges big time. Phins are paying over $7 to win 13+, which is crazy given we gave up a 16pt start last week against para, I don’t think we would have fared any better than they did against Melbourne last week. I think the win last week has again papered over what was a pretty troubling performance.

We've lost 9 of our past 11...

Correction - 8 of our past 11.

True. However we aren't burning out. Dolphins are.

Now if we were going up against a good team like Melbourne, I wouldn't be confident. We're too fragile to beat a side like that, but very different story with Dolphins. All we have to do is weather the storm they will throw at us from the start, keep the damage to a minimum and we'll run over the top of them as the game goes on.

Payne has been playing huge minutes since he was 18. He’s not a machine and this season we’re finally seeing signs of wear and tear. He needs to be managed with the injuries he has but if a forward goes down, you just know they’ll make him play 80.

Payne Averages 57 minutes per game this year.

he averaged 59 minutes per game in 2023

and 62 minutes per game in 2022

these are hardly excessive for a starting prop ... especially one on $1.2 million per year

The miserable side of me thinks that we have been delaying the inevitable just so Redcliffe can end our season.
Well at this point it's either The or Storm, not sure which is worse tbh but either way it will be a fitting end to an absolute bludger of a season. Let's hope all involved have learnt something and 2025 is closer to 2023 than 2024.

This is a must win game that I definitely think we need a fast and aggressive start to secure it.

Payne Averages 57 minutes per game this year.

he averaged 59 minutes per game in 2023

and 62 minutes per game in 2022

these are hardly excessive for a starting prop ... especially one on $1.2 million per year

Payne's game time has been managed better the last 2 years. He plays a decent amount of time, but its not like Carrigan where his minutes are all in one hit with no break these days.

I'll be surprised if Payne doesn't play. Happy to let him come off the bench after 20 minutes.

I don’t understand the confidence about this game, hopefully Haas plays, but he doesn’t solve our issues in defence. The phins haven’t been great either, but they will be up for this one and Benny will have them testing us out on the edges big time. Phins are paying over $7 to win 13+, which is crazy given we gave up a 16pt start last week against para, I don’t think we would have fared any better than they did against Melbourne last week. I think the win last week has again papered over what was a pretty troubling performance.
Agreed, yeah dolphins have lost there last 5 out of 6 but they have come up against panthers (Narrow loss by 2), titans (loss by 7), roosters (lost by 6), beat warriors, then the bulldogs & storm games where they got smashed.

Meanwhile we had a 6 game losing streak, beat knights, then proceed to get pumped by bulldogs and titans. The cowboys game was won in good fashion towards the end, but then we scrape by parra with an unimpressive performance.

Dolphins are a gritty team not to mention Wayne probably had one eye on this game anyway going into last week, they’ll be up for this emotionally etc.

Look I think we win, but I simply cannot have full confidence in this team after not just what we’ve thrown up this year, but the way in which we have played footy this year.

IMG 3623

😂😂😂. Get ‘em Patty 😂😂😂

Payne's game time has been managed better the last 2 years. He plays a decent amount of time, but its not like Carrigan where his minutes are all in one hit with no break these days.
aren't most locks playing big minutes ?

Bit off topic but what was the ETA for Walsh?

Why is it that corey Parker can dish up injury excuses for the dolphins saying they have been without fleger, Marshall King etc. But not accept the same excuse for the Broncos?

By salary cap our outs this year have been enormous. Literally our highest paid players have all had significant stints on the sidelines this year. I don't understand how these commonetators can call it an excuse for one team but not another.

Why is it that corey Parker can dish up injury excuses for the dolphins saying they have been without fleger, Marshall King etc. But not accept the same excuse for the Broncos?

By salary cap our outs this year have been enormous. Literally our highest paid players have all had significant stints on the sidelines this year. I don't understand how these commonetators can call it an excuse for one team but not another.

because he's still butthurt he was axed when Kevvie came on board ... probably also butthurt that Kevvie's kid dissed his missus by walking away from her radio program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Volvo Driver
  • winslow_wong
  • pagey
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jedhead
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.