Thursday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes is out .
Grant and Pezet too . Who will play #7 for The Storm ? Wishart or Meanie ?

Paix would come to 14, who has done a job there. We have cover for Billy. I'd prefer he didn't get injured, but let's not pretend it's a loss that can't be covered pretty easily.
What's it going to take for you all to understand that it's not actually that easy and Billy won't be that easy to replace? Get Turpin back or bring Macca out of retirement?

What's it going to take for you all to understand that it's not actually that easy and Billy won't be that easy to replace? Get Turpin back or bring Macca out of retirement?
He's probably based his opinion on us not falling apart when Smoothy and Paix replaced him every game this season. I do think he's overlooking his gameplan experience, but that's all.

I get resting players for finals. It completely makes sense for both teams but...

I feel bad for the fans hoping to see two top teams littered with stars. It's down to single tickets only so we're talking, what, 45k+ fans? They'll most likely see at least half of each team fielding reserves.

Doesn't do it justice.

Nah, I'd probably just pick one of the 3 other hookers in our top 30 squad.

I get resting players for finals. It completely makes sense for both teams but...

I feel bad for the fans hoping to see two top teams littered with stars. It's down to single tickets only so we're talking, what, 45k+ fans? They'll most likely see at least half of each team fielding reserves.

Doesn't do it justice.
Yep, it's like going to see Boney M and then Phoney M turns up.

Doesn't do it justice.
Yeah i agree, how weird. I guess the story of Bronx having to beat the storm to secure the minor premiership might be enough to do it justice from a Broncos fan POV. Storm fans can just EAD.

Margeaux Parker's husband:

“From a selfish point of view, as a fan I would be a bit disappointed that all these guys aren’t playing. But when you have had the success Brisbane have had, they have earnt the right to rest players and they have done it. The Storm are going to rest their big guns too, so it’s a bit of a shame because the match won’t have the same appeal. If after 27 rounds you have earnt the right to rest players, good luck to you. I don’t think there should be an NRL rule banning it, I just wish both teams were at full strength.”​
“It’s hard to know what the right call is. We could be talking in three weeks’ time and saying maybe it wasn’t a good idea to rest blokes. We might be saying it’s a great idea. It’s the great unknown really. You have to trust the group you have got. It could work massively in Brisbane’s favour or it could go against them. You have to have trust in the process and trust in the individual to do the right thing with a week off.”​
“The last time they beat Melbourne at Suncorp was in 2009, so it’s quite a lengthy time. A lot of the Melbourne players are Queenslanders who love playing at Suncorp, but styles beat teams sometimes and the Storm have a style that has been able to dismantle the Broncos. The Broncos we see at the moment is different to what we have seen in recent years. Do they have enough to go through and beat the Storm? We’ll see. Are Reynolds and Pat Carrigan going to be there? Unlikely. The Broncos get you out of your seat, it’s terrific to watch, but that style won’t hold up when you come up against the rock solid teams like Penrith and Melbourne. You need stability and someone to pull in the reins.”​

Doesn't do it justice.
Yes, this. I went on to get tickets and had a rethink firstly for the ticket price @ $135 each then I thought there was a chance of resting a few so bailed on it.

Doesn't do it justice.

Well they could always just turn up like 7 or 8 days later and see the same thing but this time with the stars.

When we win, which will secure us the minor premiership the whole squad who have had a input during the year will be there after the game to celebrate (as long as Selwyn doesn't leave early)

We do know we can't take Kevvie at face value: last I heard he wasn't going to rest any players. And now here we are.

Are we resting players.....?

ARey and Patty are both injured

yeah?

Are we resting players.....?
Courier Mail reporting 9 outs:

"Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Herbie Farnworth, Payne Haas, Kurt Capewell and Ezra Mam will be rested, while Kotoni Staggs is suspended and Adam Reynolds and Pat Carrigan are injured."

And Billy would be a huge loss. He, like his dad, just doesn't always get the credit he has legitimately earned.
Huge? Not really. It's all relative (pardon the pun). I rate him at 12th and he's still very replaceable if the rest of the spine is intact.

HUGE LOSS
1. Reyno
2. Reece
3. Ezra
4. Patty
5. Payne
6. Kotoni

MAJOR LOSS
7. Kurt
8. Selwyn
9. Herbie

NOT FULL STRENGTH
10. Flegler <- Origin player
11. Riki
12. Billy
13. Kobe
14. Oates <- Origin player

Staggs....a huge loss?

Season 2 Episode 5 Miniatures GIF by Best in Miniature

Courier Mail reporting 9 outs:

"Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Herbie Farnworth, Payne Haas, Kurt Capewell and Ezra Mam will be rested, while Kotoni Staggs is suspended and Adam Reynolds and Pat Carrigan are injured."

Badel also reporting that it's a major blow to the credibility of the NRL’s final round of matches,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • LGH
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Cavalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ozired
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.