Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Staggs....a huge loss?

Season 2 Episode 5 Miniatures GIF by Best in Miniature
Last weeks first half aside, i would rate staggs a huge loss.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I get resting players for finals. It completely makes sense for both teams but...

I feel bad for the fans hoping to see two top teams littered with stars. It's down to single tickets only so we're talking, what, 45k+ fans? They'll most likely see at least half of each team fielding reserves.

Doesn't do it justice.
Yeah but I'm sure everyone understands we are playing for the Premiership, plus if Storm is also resting it should be close, hopefully we see some debuts like Mozer and maybe Te Kura.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Staggs....a huge loss?

Season 2 Episode 5 Miniatures GIF by Best in Miniature
I think so, yes. I think anyone replacing him would make us significantly weaker. Jesse, Deloise, etc. I rate him more of a loss than Herbie, but others might differ.

I'm surprised I put Oates so low, but I think we covered him pretty comfortably.

Feel free to do your own list.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Last weeks first half aside, i would rate staggs a huge loss.
Just on the subject of all the dropped balls, I was impressed with Canberra's stealth stripping by targetting the ball carrier's arm. Didn't win the game for them, but we would've ripped them a new arsehole if we'd have been able to control the ball.

Not a bad skill to work on over the preseason, in my opinion. As long as we don't end up getting pinged out of existence for it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I like the idea of Rogers, he's 28 so he's a great story, won a Cup with Bears in 2019 and worked hard. He's steady and kicks goals.

This year I think he's been great when Wynnum haven't had stars- he steadies the whole operation. Plays on the left and is certainly low maintenance. He's bigger and steps well so if something comes up, he's ok taking it on back off his left foot.

Has a combination with Madden already.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hopefully people aren't reading Badel for his opinions.

I don't see how he's wrong.

Just a couple of weeks ago Kevvie said he wasn't resting anyone. A lot of people forked out over $100 each for tickets hoping to see the Broncos push for their first trophy in a very long time.

I think people have a right to be a little pissed.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
I don't see how he's wrong.
I think the final round would be less credible if teams were forced to field their full-strength side for the fans' sake. The top 4 teams have earned their right to rest players and this doesn't make the final round any less credible. A round being credible and fans being disappointed are two different things.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I think the final round would be less credible if teams were forced to field their full-strength side for the fans' sake. The top 4 teams have earned their right to rest players and this doesn't make the final round any less credible. A round being credible and fans being disappointed are two different things.

Exactly. If you are going to have a finals series this is going to happen - it happens in every sport that is decided by playoff games. Don't want it to happen, then get rid of the finals and make the minor premiership the major premiership. Of course then you run the risk of the comp being over weeks out from the last game, taking the meaning out of many games...

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
so say we win on thursday is the J.J Giltinan shield presented after the game?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Howarth and Faalogo on debut.

Faalogo is super quick and been in great form.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Exactly. If you are going to have a finals series this is going to happen - it happens in every sport that is decided by playoff games. Don't want it to happen, then get rid of the finals and make the minor premiership the major premiership. Of course then you run the risk of the comp being over weeks out from the last game, taking the meaning out of many games...

Must admit, i think the best team is the one who comes out on top before the finals. You prove yourself week in week out, not in a knockout competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • barker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.