Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
It's like a game of chicken. The Storm really want to lose and play us next week, and we really want to lose and play the Warriors.
And Penrith might want to loose too against Cows & fancy Warriors in Week 1 🤷‍♂️.

Cancer Bellamy & winging Cleary are good at mind games but poor old Kev may not match them. However, Kev’s all class & got experience winning multiple premierships. These are the traits that will make Kev surpass them starting NOW!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It's like a game of chicken. The Storm really want to lose and play us next week, and we really want to lose and play the Warriors.

It's unlikely we play Warriors.

They have rested a bunch of their star players (AFB, CNK, DWZ, Johnson, Harris, Egan), Storm win and they overtake them. Meanwhile Panthers have named everyone, they could still make changes before gameday but if we lose, they will go for that top spot.

Gotta say if that's the mentality that Kevvie has, that's a problem. If we're afraid of playing Storm, I don't see how we can call ourselves contenders.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Guys. As I’m in the UK I won’t get to watch the game live. I’ll be streaming it from the NRL app when I get home from work so I’ll be avoiding the internet like the plague and turning my phone off.

For me, winning the ‘minor’ premiership is still huge. It’s testament to the effort, skill, courage and ability that had been on show for 26 games so far.

So this’ll be one of my last posts before I watch the game this time tomorrow.

Just want to say no matter what happens, how proud I am to be a Broncos fan. The senior pros have been heroic. The younger blokes have been a breath of fresh air.

I’ve loved almost every minute of this season, go get em fellas, win this thing, and see you in the finals!

Go you beautiful Broncos!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Where is this idea we are scared of playing anyone including the Storm coming from? Resting players is the smart thing to do here and has three benefits:

1. No risk of injury or suspension to our main guys
2. Allows us to go in to finals fresh and firing
3. We are debuting a bunch of our kids and giving them a taste and extra motivation to hit preseason running

Additionally, finishing first or second is basically no difference and we can’t finish any lower than either position, so why risk injuring our stars against guys who don’t care if they get suspended because they won’t be playing next week anyway? And let’s not act like Bellamy would be above giving one of these reserve players the task of maiming a Walsh, Mam or Reynolds.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It's unlikely we play Warriors.

They have rested a bunch of their star players (AFB, CNK, DWZ, Johnson, Harris, Egan), Storm win and they overtake them. Meanwhile Panthers have named everyone, they could still make changes before gameday but if we lose, they will go for that top spot.

Gotta say if that's the mentality that Kevvie has, that's a problem. If we're afraid of playing Storm, I don't see how we can call ourselves contenders.
Kevvie doesn’t have that mentality, his mentality is no more injuries, or suspensions or 11 day concussion stand downs this close to the finals. That’s all it is yet people can’t just take things at face value and need to find their own narratives.

After the season we have had and what Kevvie has done to turn this club around if he still can’t get the benefit of the doubt he never will, and it’s pretty sad.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
It's a tough position Brisbane are in but we really have no option but to rest our big names. You just couldn't live with yourself if we copped a suspension, HIA or injury this week. I do like that we are no closer to knowing who in the top 4 plays who in week one of finals.

At
I know it sounds stupid but going into the finals on an 8 game winning streak makes me so nervous. If we are to go on and not lose another game through to the GF then i think we'd need to have won 10 straight and 11 would make it a premiership. If we go down tonight then go through without a loss that's 2-3 wins in a row. I know its all psychological but its a hell of a lot easier to win 3 in a row then it is to win 11.

It takes a lot or things to go your way to win 11 straight and the longer your streak goes on the closer you come to a loss. Again i know its all in my head and sounds stupid but i would just feel more comfortable not going into the finals on an 8 game winning streak where you need to win another 3 (ideally in a row) to win the flag.

Would love to see some stats on sides winning streaks going into and taking out the premiership to see how common going on a big win streak and falling at the final hurdle is.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Where is this idea we are scared of playing anyone including the Storm coming from? Resting players is the smart thing to do here and has three benefits:

1. No risk of injury or suspension to our main guys
2. Allows us to go in to finals fresh and firing
3. We are debuting a bunch of our kids and giving them a taste and extra motivation to hit preseason running

Additionally, finishing first or second is basically no difference and we can’t finish any lower than either position, so why risk injuring our stars against guys who don’t care if they get suspended because they won’t be playing next week anyway? And let’s not act like Bellamy would be above giving one of these reserve players the task of maiming a Walsh, Mam or Reynolds.
I'm ok if we win or lose this game now that it's become a reserve grade match.

If we win we get the minor premiership for the first time in 20yr, which would be a great reward to Kevvie, the players, DD, the wider staff and also the role that Ikin played. It would also be our most amount of wins in a season with 19.

It means we play storm in week 1 of the finals, but it would be a one off game this time around and they will have spent two weeks on the road (I think they're based up on the Sunny Coast this week?). When we win week 1 of the finals storm moves to panthers side of the draw where they will bash each other for the prelim... meanwhile we get literally anyone else for a prelim back at Suncorp, who all look very beatable.

Means we can front load everything into this finals week 1 match up

If we lose we're still not guaranteed to get warriors anymore... they would need to beat dolphins at Suncorp with a reserve grade squad.. I think they might be outsiders for that.

We'd also need panthers to win if warriors win, which is likely, but if warriors lose we then need cows to beat a stacked panthers team, which is very unlikely.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
People went from the minor premiership means nothing to I can't believe Kev is resting players so fast they must have whiplash.

To be fair I don't think it's the same people arguing both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Aldo
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.