PRE-GAME [Round 27, 2024] Broncos vs Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak for everyone else on the forum but I would rather watch looped repeats of Darius Boyd's gender reveal followed by a wooden spoon award ceremony, than endure a single AFL match.

Losers wanna back winners .
Back in the day when the Lions were 3 time premiers the amount of club kit they sold was mind boggling .
The next pre season after they lost , all of a sudden the diversity of club apparel was mind boggling . Where as when they were winners everyone wanted to wear their colours . When they lost , a lot of people suddenly had loyalties that were never on show before ...

I’d love this to be Kevs tactics

Cobra Kai Sweep GIF by IFC

Turns out bringing Payne back from injury early mightn't have been a coaching masterstroke after all. Now he needs surgery to repair the damage and he's fucked up his chances of playing for the Kangaroos, says Kev:

“Payne will have surgery next Tuesday on his foot. It’s a Lisfranc injury, so he’s trying to get some surgery on that. I don’t know how long he’ll be out for but it will probably eliminate him from the internationals at the end of the year, so it’s not so good for Payne but I really commend him on his efforts to get back on the field. It shows what a true Bronco is. He put himself on the line for the club and then risked further injury, that’s just the type of player that Payne is and the type of person that he is. It was amazing for him to play last week, that just speaks volumes and it’s a great sign to his teammates as well.”​
"Reece is not ready to play so there’s no point in risking him this weekend.”​

Puts to bed anyone questioning Haas’ commitment to the team.

Puts to bed anyone questioning Haas’ commitment to the team.
He's pretty much always had a red hot crack even when he's had his managing asking for a release. He is the ultimate pro but a bit like his mentor SBW he will happily throw his team mates under the bus for a $

After today's events, including the club's forced "full support of the board" message after they were backed into a corner by the media, I reckon what happens in this game right here could have big ramifications.

If the playing group truly believe in Kev and are supporting him, now is the time to show it. They won't get another chance. They are deciding his fate right here. If Melbourne come out and put 50 on us, he is toast. If we show even a bit of fight and keep it close, he can go into Mad Monday relaxed.

Honestly, if Payne requires surgery then he was not fit for last round and that is poor form from all involved. At least he has a big break before pre-season. Payne and Patty off till mid-Dec. All the rest should be back in 6 weeks (I know the RLPA has some BS 8-10 week minimum).

Honestly, if Payne requires surgery then he was not fit for last round and that is poor form from all involved.

Absolutely - it is amateur hour.

Big ups to Payne for putting himself forward to play, and being one of our better players on the night, but what is the club thinking allowing this? The medical staff, the coaching staff... it wreaks of desperation. An extremely slim chance of making the finals, okay then, let's risk worsening an injury to one of our biggest assets.

Fucking joke shop.

Honestly, if Payne requires surgery then he was not fit for last round and that is poor form from all involved. At least he has a big break before pre-season. Payne and Patty off till mid-Dec. All the rest should be back in 6 weeks (I know the RLPA has some BS 8-10 week minimum).
This happens way more then you think for varied types of injuries it's not uncommon(Most commonly for shoulders if they had a dislocation).

He's pretty much always had a red hot crack even when he's had his managing asking for a release. He is the ultimate pro but a bit like his mentor SBW he will happily throw his team mates under the bus for a $
The scoundrel would do anything to win yet another Paul Morgan Medal.

- Payne surgery next Tuesday, lisfranc injury - out of end of year tests
- Payne put himself on the line to risk injury to support the team
- Reece not ready, won't play but he wanted to play and so no point risking him
- These things might have been different if there was more on the line
- Just want to see the players fight hard and play hard tomorrrow night (tonight)
- Very disappointing not to make finals, we're all hurting, will do a review at the end of year and will share my views in the review as well, I have some strong views
- Playing just for pride in the jersey and to show our supporters they have something to be proud of
- I'm very confident I'll be here next year
- Not sure it will be Oatesy's farewell game and he will big for us against the Storm
- We still haven't sorted our roster for next year - Simon, myself and others will sort that out
- Oatesy feeling fittest he has in a month
- Things haven't worked the way we would like but the advantage is we have a longer preseason to address these things now
- We love Adam as our captain, Adam and I have had a number of good conversations
- Adam will be our captain next year, 100%
- I still remember the day I flew to Sydney to get his signature, unfortunately this year he has missed a lot of games and we've missed him
- There is enough hunger in this group, playing for the Broncs isn't easy and some of our younger players are getting their heads around that
- For opposition teams to play in front of these sort of crowds is exciting for opposition teams, they don't get it very often, we need to be different and be used to that
- We've done a great job as a staff of keeping the players together (this one will be fired at)
- I'm the right man for the job, we got pretty close last year didn't we?
- We need to fix our offseason, get a few more things right and we will be there when the whips are cracking next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• JamesC
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.