10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Cowboys have used a play the last 2 games where Chad puts in a kick and isolates the fullback with hammer coming through, it has resulted in a hammer no try from offside and a try this week.
Hope we look at this in video during the week.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
All of that and WRAP UP THE STINKING BALL!
Yup, bombing 2-3 tries per game, is making it so much tougher for us then it needs to be and it is simply not paying attention to detail.

Staggs has obviously got massive ego on him. He dropped that ball over the line because he lifted his arm to slam it down and be ‘the man’ instead he was the goose who dropped it cold because he clearly is NOT the man, right now…

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Look at their side. We have them covered everywhere. Its actually impossible for us to lose the game.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
In their presser, JT2 gave our lads ammo. He said they are confident playing us next week and that it will be fairly comfortable because of the trial results and they had one or two players out.

Fire up Broncs.
We were also unfit and slow in that trial game.
Probably good we lost that game because the cows now have a level of confidence that we're easy beats when really they faced a different side.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I didn’t watch much of todays game but going off most peoples comments Turpin may have played himself out of a jersey. If so, would our best option be Paix or Walters starting at 9?
No. He didn't do that. It's situation normal in my opinion, he's there or thereabouts. He didn't do anything wrong and KW will now be EXTREMELY reluctant to break up the band. I believe he's certain to be named next week. Staggs will also be there, in fact I can't see anyone missing out but a couple will need to keep aiming up.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
No. He didn't do that. It's situation normal in my opinion, he's there or thereabouts. He didn't do anything wrong and KW will now be EXTREMELY reluctant to break up the band. I believe he's certain to be named next week. Staggs will also be there, in fact I can't see anyone missing out but a couple will need to keep aiming up.
I can see TC robati possibly making way. Only short time on but gave away 2 penalties straight away.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Stuck record here:

Herbie (along with Albert) were our best last night, and with two solo tries and one try saving tackle Herbie won the game for us. He could've kicked the goals as well and thoroughly deserves to be in the team. But he plays like a wing, not a centre. He needs to be shifted wider. And Kev needs to see that sooner than later because Herbie is clogging up the backline with his stunted ball skills and individualist play.

I propose he switches with Selwyn. We wouldn't lose anything from Herbie's game, but we might gain by having someone more team aware at centre. Selwyn is being wasted out there. No need to drop anyone.

Tesi and Kotoni had ordinary games, but I'd leave them be for now.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Stuck record here:

Herbie (along with Albert) were our best last night, and with two solo tries and one try saving tackle Herbie won the game for us. He could've kicked the goals as well and thoroughly deserves to be in the team. But he plays like a wing, not a centre. He needs to be shifted wider. And Kev needs to see that sooner than later because Herbie is clogging up the backline with his stunted ball skills and individualist play.

I propose he switches with Selwyn. We wouldn't lose anything from Herbie's game, but we might gain by having someone more team aware at centre. Selwyn is being wasted out there. No need to drop anyone.

I wonder if Mariner backs up his amazing Q Cup debut if Kevvie might be tempted to wait and see with Herbie and look at Mariner around origin. I feel like Herbie is improving all the time. He even passed a couple of times last night.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Stuck record here:

I like your idea. and in addition I think Herbie might help Staggs' game by drawing a wee bit of the defensive heat away from him. Worth a shuffle as Cobbs has no chance of getting decent ball from Staggs at present.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I wonder if Mariner backs up his amazing Q Cup debut if Kevvie might be tempted to wait and see with Herbie and look at Mariner around origin. I feel like Herbie is improving all the time. He even passed a couple of times last night.
Yes, Deine is looming large, which almost certainly has at least one outside back headed to Redcliffe. Tesi, Selwyn, Brenko and Jordan P are contracted through next season - and lest we forget Jesse is booked to return - so unless Kevvie can horsetrade, Corey's not getting re-signed, and Herbie's looking like the odd man out.

I like your idea. and in addition I think Herbie might help Staggs' game by drawing a wee bit of the defensive heat away from him. Worth a shuffle as Cobbs has no chance of getting decent ball from Staggs at present.
Yep, that's how I see it as well. It's a tough one for Herbie too. He's looking for a contract upgrade, and he's unlikely to get it on the wing.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yes, Deine is looming large, which almost certainly has at least one outside back headed to Redcliffe. Tesi, Selwyn, Brenko and Jordan P are contracted through next season - and lest we forget Jesse is booked to return - so unless Kevvie can horsetrade, Corey's not getting re-signed, and Herbie's looking like the odd man out.

Yep, that's how I see it as well. It's a tough one for Herbie too. He's looking for a contract upgrade, and he's unlikely to get it on the wing.

It is a headache but a pleasant one. I do generally hope we keep Oatesy just not on a lot of money and if we can keep Herbie, it would be great but I do suspect you are right. I guess the other option though is if Niu doesn't cut it this year (last night was first game back, so will cut him some slack but he certainly needs to improve quickly), the other option is shift Cobbo to fullback next season and then Herbie / Oates are the wings with Staggs/Mariner in the centres. That is an extremely exciting backline and Arthars is a decent back up, so I hope we keep him. Plus Lee and Pereira are more than decent break glass options.

B

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
Do you think Herbie getting changed out with Cobbo might lead him to believe that it's a demotion and help him make his mind up to leave looking for better opportunities.?
I still agree that changing him back to wing for now is probably the best for the Broncos.
I still would have liked to have seen him get a go at fullback in the trials to see how he went but once again maybe his passing game ( or lack off)would have been the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Hoof Hearted
  • The Strapper
  • heartly87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Manofoneway
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.