10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Piakura

I feel for Palasia, he’s been great but being on the bench in this side is a recognition in itself, we are not wanting for quality middles.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Still think Kobe starting 13, Reynolds mentioned him being his big surprise and how important he is to our middle.

8 hair
10 haas
13 Kobe

flegs off the bench to create chaos, good or bad, who knows with that guy.
palasia?

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Can I just say, I’m loving how little credit and respect we’re getting.

- Yesterday was all because the Dogs were not quite ‘finessed’
- The refs gave us a dodgy try
- Cows will win easy next week because they smashed us in the trial
- South’s were a rabble
- Capewell got lucky
- If Latrell played the result would have been different
- South’s need time to get used to new combinations
- Dogs need time to do the same
- Dogs didn’t take a dive

Apparently we haven’t deserved either win.
Probably good for us in the long run. Will be good motivation to want to continue to prove ourselves, and may help prevent our younger players getting too cocky.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Totally agree, sets us up for a big season. The way we are going, we will get decimated for origin, so need to bank some wins now.

If the boys keep winning, I reckon all of Capewell, Haas, Carrigan, Flegler, Cobbo, Hetherington, Staggs and possibly Oates make the squads (if they are still doing Covid squads that is which I guess they probably won't).
Staggs is no shot of making origin. Bloke is lucky to make our team lately. Cobbo I also think won’t make origin. He would still be behind a few guys in the backline. Don’t think hetherington makes it either. For Qld Ponga, brimmo, hammer, Holmes, gagai and Coates probably front runners for the backline.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Can I just say, I’m loving how little credit and respect we’re getting.

- Yesterday was all because the Dogs were not quite ‘finessed’
- The refs gave us a dodgy try
- Cows will win easy next week because they smashed us in the trial
- South’s were a rabble
- Capewell got lucky
- If Latrell played the result would have been different
- South’s need time to get used to new combinations
- Dogs need time to do the same
- Dogs didn’t take a dive

Apparently we haven’t deserved either win.

Listening to Barrett, it was all about how they had no polish, why do you think that is Trent? wouldn't be because of the bloke about to smash the guy who is to throw the last pass would it?

Let them keep discrediting our efforts, this is the typical way that the good coaches build their teams. Hard working in defense, gritty uninspiring wins until it clicks in attack.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Well team list time:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Piakura

I feel for Palasia, he’s been great but being on the bench in this side is a recognition in itself, we are not wanting for quality middles.
Probably right. Maybe it’s Turpin turn to get Covid so we can use Paix… as long as billy gets more game time next week. He was significantly better than Turpin.

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Robati is getting alot of hate, but dam he's not seeing the field and a big chance Kevie would be telling him to go out there and just put some shots on.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Robati is getting alot of hate, but dam he's not seeing the field and a big chance Kevie would be telling him to go out there and just put some shots on.

I think the most important question around Robati is, do you think he is deliberately putting that head tape on to form a permanent frown? It cracks me up.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Well team list time:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Piakura

I wouldn’t make any unforced changes until Flegler is back.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Well team list time:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. James
16. Palasia
17. Piakura

Robati in for James, he's not doing enough for mine and we clearly have enough 'senior experience' now

Reactions: 007
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We should’ve racked up 10 tries? We got completely dominated across the park.
Honestly I'm not really seeing a lot of opportunities where I think, 'Herbie should have passed that.' In a lot of cases I just don't think Oates is in an advantageous position, and the pass isn't on. I'd like to see Oates cutting back inside more when Herbie drifts out, but he tends to just stay wide, and they both end up cramped on the edge. Disclaimer - I'm not crunching film, so if there are examples of Herbie being overly possessive of the Steeden, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

We saw Capewell with the great cut-out pass in Round 1, and we've seen Kelly work well with his outside men on the right side. Hopefully with some experience playing together those four can put on some plays, and that might involve sometimes going to Herbie, sometimes cutting him out to hit Oates, or sometimes going through the hands. As noted above, it's been a fairly productive edge so far, so I don't know if I'd be messing too much with it.
The play always dies with Herbie. Thankfully, twice yesterday that was over the try-line.

I've had @Wolfie telling me it's because he doesn't feel comfortable passing in that direction. For ****'s sake. He should be able to pass both ways and kick with both feet. He's in first grade.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The play always dies with Herbie. Thankfully, twice yesterday that was over the try-line.

I've had @Wolfie telling me it's because he doesn't feel comfortable passing in that direction. For ****'s sake. He should be able to pass both ways and kick with both feet. He's in first grade.
I just don’t think his lack of passing is such an issue as the left is easily the best defensive side and has scored all of our 5 tries this season. Even if he has this deficiency it isn’t hurting us and is no where near as concerning as the struggles our right side is having.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
When we notoriously struggle to hold onto the ball at the best of times, it's probably for the best that the ball often dies with him.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yes, Deine is looming large, which almost certainly has at least one outside back headed to Redcliffe. Tesi, Selwyn, Brenko and Jordan P are contracted through next season - and lest we forget Jesse is booked to return - so unless Kevvie can horsetrade, Corey's not getting re-signed, and Herbie's looking like the odd man out.

Yep, that's how I see it as well. It's a tough one for Herbie too. He's looking for a contract upgrade, and he's unlikely to get it on the wing.

Mairner's game had things to not be happy about- three dropped balls and three missed tackles- one was a one on one miss and Bears scored. Kevvie won't accept that even if you score four tries.

Herbie is streets ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.