PRE-GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would hope that for the indefinite future Tesi will be doing extras at the end of each training session with torpedo bombs coming his way with 2-3 guys running through on him and that this will continue until it becomes second nature for him to catch and defuse bombs.

Couldn't agree more about Tesi, he got no trial games and dropped one of Burton's massive bombs. 2 LBA 1 TA so massive difference from Issakos nothing from last week.

I think he bottled a lot of those kicks he let bounce, he's always been very weak under the high ball. If Isaako put in performance like his i reckon plenty would be saying he shouldnt be picked again. Problem is with both him and Isaako is they dont really do much you want from a fullback in todays game. Their kick returns are weak, they dont talk or organise, they are prone to dumb mistakes and defensive errors. Fullback is still the one really weak spot on our roster. All our options are bang average.

Couldn't agree more about Tesi, he got no trial games and dropped one of Burton's massive bombs. 2 LBA 1 TA so massive difference from Issakos nothing from last week.
Not actually being truthful here are you? Isaako had two tackle busts and an offload, no missed tackles, 46 post contact metres, no errors. By comparison, Uni had one dreadful error resulting in a try, 1 failed to compete error, 20 post contact metres and one missed tackle!

Cmon man, try being fair.

I’m far more confident about winning this than I was about the dogs. Our biggest weakness is our kick defusing and mistakes in our own half and I knew Burton’s kicking game would kill us.

Im not so concerned about the boot of Dearden and Chad.

I think he bottled a lot of those kicks he let bounce, he's always been very weak under the high ball. If Isaako put in performance like his i reckon plenty would be saying he shouldnt be picked again. Problem is with both him and Isaako is they dont really do much you want from a fullback in todays game. Their kick returns are weak, they dont talk or organise, they are prone to dumb mistakes and defensive errors. Fullback is still the one really weak spot on our roster. All our options are bang average.
I think Herbie is our best option we currently have and he's yet to be tried there.
He's got the size, his kick returns will be strong, he nearly beats the first man everytime, I'd say he's the fittest of our backs the only box he doesn't tick is ball playing which can be taught look at Slater and Tedesco and it's not like Issako, Nui and Cobbo are ball players either.

You would hope that for the indefinite future Tesi will be doing extras at the end of each training session with torpedo bombs coming his way with 2-3 guys running through on him and that this will continue until it becomes second nature for him to catch and defuse bombs.
This is exactly what should be happening.

After this weekend he should be expecting 90% of kicks taken from the 50m line to be torp bombs.

It's been exposed and highlighted on newsreels so every coach in the comp is now aware of it

Everyone take a drink when Feldt interferes with the markers and then plays the ball 2 metres beside where he was tackled. You'll be fucked up by half time.
iS that drunk and fucked by half-time. Or just fucked?

Everyone take a drink when Feldt interferes with the markers and then plays the ball 2 metres beside where he was tackled. You'll be fucked up by half time.

I might record the game and watch the 2nd half when I get home from the hospital

I feel for Palasia, he’s been great but being on the bench in this side is a recognition in itself, we are not wanting for quality middles.

all depends on how it's communicated to him.

see IMO, being on the bench shouldn't be considered a demotion ... it's a 17 man game.

at the Broncos in particular over the last few years, we've all seen how having a weak bench can change momentum in a negative way and take the game out of your reach.

This is exactly what should be happening.

After this weekend he should be expecting 90% of kicks taken from the 50m line to be torp bombs.

It's been exposed and highlighted on newsreels so every coach in the comp is now aware of it
He's still young enough if he puts the time in to work on that. Being fair to him, its his first game of the year and i think he will get a fair crack at the fullback role. Up to him to take it.

We run at Dearden all first half, gorilla after gorilla. Dearden had to only make 6 fucking tackles in his last match. I'd want him making 26 in the first half!
Funny you say that...

Early signs for us are encoraging, but its clearly still all coming together. We still dont for me have a automatic 13 where you go if everyones fit this is who plays...

But not many folk are seeing the infuence Reynolds had out there, and the way its impacting the "entire" team..

_dNATQRit2YH37iKLkYDW2YZqk2ygpu_EuggmZB7QOcQLU3fAXYd6XGu7f8sFYpBnt0HR1HHQtSG7sADpXNNTn3lHeuID4izqW8_Oy6xaFrBuqcbbB8Jg5h9W-8wCnY0BoVgp6Ze

See how deep Reynolds enagages the line here. We are finally, FINALLY, running the diamond shape, and you can see how Rikis line on Reynolds right shoulder draws Burton in, allowing Tesi to sweep around.

Tesi probably needed to engage the line a bit more and straighten up.

But look who Reynolds is targteing; replace Burton with Dearden...

Heres some more of Reynolds game management.

Carrigan floats across field and he gets the instruction to offlodd to Kobe to straighten it up.

bNYZ73o0gidr5xNhEOeqiaPQPEP7ncTknBcs6BiX-Q2EDxxYnR8fSTIho0hFgGB_mx9XoH2u7tU_YZ9nh9HSRUOn94r9Ow85q4Efz_2bJLPbMt4BTSHzp18EETthMLRkBGXqmp-x

The reason being, Reynolds wants to isolate Burton and Naden again.

This then sets up a isolated ADC and a try that Staggs should have scored.

GMOZujC5XJwfzlTab5lE6QxRgNnK7LdyEPwM8VPF2Dr0AJWkhcZ8ldlh6Dff_YRYUk2qClEt5CS0qC5ZeVQJX68o0gT0Oawxtl6Ui96NaTZhRFawVQJ1wuq5RtzqVF4uvSxHEvVL

Staggs had 9 touches all game, Herbs had i think 20. Everyone knows that Staggs is a strike centre, he thus has a natural centre of gravity in our attack that draws numbers. Ive no problem if we then hit the left hand side more if thats where the space is.

Burns and Okanbor will be having nightmares of Herbie steaming past them both.

Just by being on the field Staggs is doing a service for the team, even with limited touches.

But it comes down to Reynolds - he identified a weak point in the dogs defence (Burton and Naden) and repeatedly sent traffic that way. Its making it easier for Staggs to defend too as those guys dont have as much gas left in the tank, a small detail but a important one. Cause and effect.

He is the guy who knows what he has either side of him and can manipulate it all to allow our centres to get early ball or take advantage of mismatches.

Staggs is gunna get his, dont worry, Adam will see to it...

Carrigan floats across field and he gets the instruction to offlodd to Kobe to straighten it up.

bNYZ73o0gidr5xNhEOeqiaPQPEP7ncTknBcs6BiX-Q2EDxxYnR8fSTIho0hFgGB_mx9XoH2u7tU_YZ9nh9HSRUOn94r9Ow85q4Efz_2bJLPbMt4BTSHzp18EETthMLRkBGXqmp-x

GMOZujC5XJwfzlTab5lE6QxRgNnK7LdyEPwM8VPF2Dr0AJWkhcZ8ldlh6Dff_YRYUk2qClEt5CS0qC5ZeVQJX68o0gT0Oawxtl6Ui96NaTZhRFawVQJ1wuq5RtzqVF4uvSxHEvVL

Staggs had 9 touches all game, Herbs had i think 20. Everyone knows that Staggs is a strike centre, he thus has a natural centre of gravity in our attack that draws numbers. Ive no problem if we then hit the left hand side more if thats where the space is.

Just by being on the field Staggs is doing a service for the team, even with limited touches.

But it comes down to Reynolds - he identified a weak point in the dogs defence (Burton and Naden) and repeatedly sent traffic that way. Its making it easier for Staggs to defend too as those guys dont have as much gas left in the tank, a small detail but a important one. Cause and effect.

He is the guy who knows what he has either side of him and can manipulate it all to allow our centres to get early ball or take advantage of mismatches.

200.gif

Give it a rest mate, it becomes a tad bit repetitive after the 15th time.
Good point. It takes up valuable Jake Turpin/Tesi Niu bashing space.

Love these posts mate. Reynolds has made a huge difference already, even all the 5th tackle blocks for our kicker, that's straight out of the Reynolds playbook. He's basically our assistant coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • K-Style
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.