PRE-GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres some more of Reynolds game management.

Carrigan floats across field and he gets the instruction to offlodd to Kobe to straighten it up.

bNYZ73o0gidr5xNhEOeqiaPQPEP7ncTknBcs6BiX-Q2EDxxYnR8fSTIho0hFgGB_mx9XoH2u7tU_YZ9nh9HSRUOn94r9Ow85q4Efz_2bJLPbMt4BTSHzp18EETthMLRkBGXqmp-x

The reason being, Reynolds wants to isolate Burton and Naden again.

This then sets up a isolated ADC and a try that Staggs should have scored.

GMOZujC5XJwfzlTab5lE6QxRgNnK7LdyEPwM8VPF2Dr0AJWkhcZ8ldlh6Dff_YRYUk2qClEt5CS0qC5ZeVQJX68o0gT0Oawxtl6Ui96NaTZhRFawVQJ1wuq5RtzqVF4uvSxHEvVL

Staggs had 9 touches all game, Herbs had i think 20. Everyone knows that Staggs is a strike centre, he thus has a natural centre of gravity in our attack that draws numbers. Ive no problem if we then hit the left hand side more if thats where the space is.

Burns and Okanbor will be having nightmares of Herbie steaming past them both.

Just by being on the field Staggs is doing a service for the team, even with limited touches.

But it comes down to Reynolds - he identified a weak point in the dogs defence (Burton and Naden) and repeatedly sent traffic that way. Its making it easier for Staggs to defend too as those guys dont have as much gas left in the tank, a small detail but a important one. Cause and effect.

He is the guy who knows what he has either side of him and can manipulate it all to allow our centres to get early ball or take advantage of mismatches.

Staggs is gunna get his, dont worry, Adam will see to it...
Great analysis mate, I appreciate the effort you went to.

Funny you say that...

Early signs for us are encoraging, but its clearly still all coming together. We still dont for me have a automatic 13 where you go if everyones fit this is who plays...

But not many folk are seeing the infuence Reynolds had out there, and the way its impacting the "entire" team..

_dNATQRit2YH37iKLkYDW2YZqk2ygpu_EuggmZB7QOcQLU3fAXYd6XGu7f8sFYpBnt0HR1HHQtSG7sADpXNNTn3lHeuID4izqW8_Oy6xaFrBuqcbbB8Jg5h9W-8wCnY0BoVgp6Ze

See how deep Reynolds enagages the line here. We are finally, FINALLY, running the diamond shape, and you can see how Rikis line on Reynolds right shoulder draws Burton in, allowing Tesi to sweep around.

Tesi probably needed to engage the line a bit more and straighten up.

But look who Reynolds is targteing; replace Burton with Dearden...

It's amazing to see the difference that even a single switched-on, game-aware spine player can make to the team.

If Paix (or Walters... Or Turpin.. or whoever) can spend enough time gelling with ARey to really understanding how he sees the game and his understanding of how to exploit what he sees on the field, then we can really go to another level. A poor 9 with no understanding of when to give the ball, or which side of the field, or when to engage the line himself can dampen the impact and ruin the plans of a game-managing 7. It's essential that our 'QB1' is getting the ball where and when he wants it every time.

Great post with the graphics mate!

It's amazing to see the difference that even a single switched-on, game-aware spine player can make to the team.

If Paix (or Walters... Or Turpin.. or whoever) can spend enough time gelling with ARey to really understanding how he sees the game and his understanding of how to exploit what he sees on the field, then we can really go to another level. A poor 9 with no understanding of when to give the ball, or which side of the field, or when to engage the line himself can dampen the impact and ruin the plans of a game-managing 7. It's essential that our 'QB1' is getting the ball where and when he wants it every time.

Great post with the graphics mate!
I encourage all our fellow Broncos tragics to follow these guys -seriously they are the most impressive NRL writers out there.

https://rugbyleaguewriters.com/

Truts me, im not smart enough to do stuff like that...

Love these posts mate. Reynolds has made a huge difference already, even all the 5th tackle blocks for our kicker, that's straight out of the Reynolds playbook. He's basically our assistant coach.
You cant expect perfection straight away - but theres a structure now to how we play. Given time id expect better execution, better timing and hopefully with that diamond shape play that right to left and left to right.

And there are bigger tests for this roster later on in the season awaiting...

You cant expect perfection straight away - but theres a structure now to how we play. Given time id expect better execution, better timing and hopefully with that diamond shape play that right to left and left to right.

And there are bigger tests for this roster later on in the season awaiting...
Our attack is starting to look similar to the Rabbits the way we shape up in the opposition 20. Reynolds is a gem, Souths are fucking idiots to kick him out the door, he's far more important than Cody Walker but I'm so happy they did.

I want Reynolds to stay on post career as an assistant coach, hopefully he loves QLD.

According to the commentary team on Sunday, Coates is still playing for us........

Not sure if they were making a joke....Corey Oates....C Oates....Coates. But they kept calling him that.

Mick Ennis called him Coates multiple times .Andrew Voss called him Oates .

Our attack is starting to look similar to the Rabbits the way we shape up in the opposition 20. Reynolds is a gem, Souths are fucking idiots to kick him out the door, he's far more important than Cody Walker but I'm so happy they did.

I want Reynolds to stay on post career as an assistant coach, hopefully he loves QLD.
I hope so, i cant think of a better mentor for guys like Mozer and Mam than this guy.

I have been reading Rugby League Writers for about 2 years now; they analysis every team in the NRL so well. But 1 thing i did notice; when it comes to the top 4-6 teams its very obvious that regardless of what rules there are, these are the teams that always have multiple shapes they run over and over. And generally they are the match winning shapes too, thats why they are the best teams..

And here i was watching Sieboldball....

I cant tell you how happy i am to finally see cutting edge shapes migrate to this team after all these years.

And its thanks to that number 7....

Funny you say that...

Early signs for us are encoraging, but its clearly still all coming together. We still dont for me have a automatic 13 where you go if everyones fit this is who plays...

But not many folk are seeing the infuence Reynolds had out there, and the way its impacting the "entire" team..

_dNATQRit2YH37iKLkYDW2YZqk2ygpu_EuggmZB7QOcQLU3fAXYd6XGu7f8sFYpBnt0HR1HHQtSG7sADpXNNTn3lHeuID4izqW8_Oy6xaFrBuqcbbB8Jg5h9W-8wCnY0BoVgp6Ze

See how deep Reynolds enagages the line here. We are finally, FINALLY, running the diamond shape, and you can see how Rikis line on Reynolds right shoulder draws Burton in, allowing Tesi to sweep around.

Tesi probably needed to engage the line a bit more and straighten up.

But look who Reynolds is targteing; replace Burton with Dearden...

Cobbo needed to be smarter there, give him an option on the inside instead of literally staying on his outside right up until the point he was taken into touch.

If he is still playing okay and the body is holding up, I would not be against him being extended for another year. Something that can be looked at, at the start of 2024.

Hopefully we are succession planning and have the next half back being mentored by Reynolds (or are in the market for an established young half like Walker who can slot straight in).

If he is still playing okay and the body is holding up, I would not be against him being extended for another year. Something that can be looked at, at the start of 2024.

Hopefully we are succession planning and have the next half back being mentored by Reynolds (or are in the market for an established young half like Walker who can slot straight in).

Hopefully by that stage we have found our fullback or Cobbo/Niu has owned it, Mam is the best young 6 in the game and Mozer has taken to NRL like a Bronco to water. Then the 7 will be the last piece of the puzzle.

Broncos have confirmed Isaako's immediate release, so that lowers our outside back stocks somewhat. Potentially goes someway of explaining why Niu was picked last week as well

Broncos have confirmed Isaako's immediate release, so that lowers our outside back stocks somewhat. Potentially goes someway of explaining why Niu was picked last week as well

I remember when Isaako was really hyped up by some fans on here. A warning to Cobbo etc.

So...what benefit do we get out of it? I hope we hear of an extension to someone soon at the least.

Agreed.

Although I don't agree with doing it, I can understand the theory behind letting Isaako leave to a team like the Eels with nothing in return - Parra are desperate for a winger and Isaako is going to be playing QCup for us instead of starting... It's the right thing by the player and builds good-will (whatever that is worth) with a future potential trade partner.

But to let Isaako leave to be a backup / reserve grade winger for the Titans when he would be doing the exact same for us doesn't make any sense unless the money freed up is used constructively.

Before Ikin / DD I would just chalk it up to ineptitude and add it to a long list of administrative failures, but these days everything seems much more purposeful and sensible, so I'm sure behind the scenes there is some reason this move was made that benefits the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Big Del
  • Alec
  • K-Style
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • Gaz
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.