POST GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

Inept tactics, inept performances from a lot of players. Reynolds was very ordinary and his poor kicking cost is. Tesi isnt a fullback. Never wavered from my opinion of him. Staggs was just abysmal.

The only players to take any credit are Oates, Herbie, Payne and Pat. The rest were either shit of had no impact at all.

Until we start bringing in players who dont go into their shells and hide even with a poor performance we are in trouble. Still very mentally weak as a team.
I think Reynolds was decent. he had some shit kicks but he also was the reason we even got on the board. definitely not up to his standards though

but IF this is the worse game he ever plays for us I will be a happy fan.

The attitude of this team still sucks. Capewell and reynolds so far are not enough.

Kevie really needs to work out how floggings like this keep happening. We can cop loses but a scoreline like this should not of ever happened, add to that it happened in the qld derbie match at suncorp which is the one game you expect the boys to fire up win or lose.

Its efforts like this that turn fans away and make them think why bother showing up to the game or tuning in if that's what they are going to dish up.

Bottom line is What happened today was just not acceptable. I really dont think enough of these players care that much about the jersey they just like the fame that goes with it

I know its only round 3 but seeing this attitude has me so worried for this season. I could easily see us winning the spoon again.

Still think we need some mass player signings in the off season. I would get Rid of a few of these "ATHELETES" and get some cheap actual football players with smarts and heart.

So do we just lay the boot in to half our squad until they turn up and win again? Is that how this works?

Or do we get behind them and support them, just let me know aye. I am a bit confused.
this is how it goes mate , BHQ is meltdown central. certainly could do with some changes but that was coming after last week's effort. hopefully we bounce back.

On the bright side, we are not the Tigers.

One good thing that comes from a flogging like this, is it forces the entire team to reflect and improve and not get complacent.
Those first two wins were great, but cant let them get comfortable and cash it in for cheap wins.

Mixed bag from Adam, especially in defence. He looked nervous, a little bit lost, in attack. He needs to marshall his team better. If that's even possible.

His kicking game wasn't too bad. Notably:

1. a 40/20 that was only saved by a herculean effort from Holmes
2. Herbie's second try was 100% A Rey. If Herbie hadn't got to it, Albert would've. Or Oates.
3. That corner kick to Oates that prime Corey would've taken.

He'll find his feet. Let's give him time.

Kev absolutely has to drop Staggs

Also look to shift Cobbo to fullback now as tesi was seriously found out. He's never convinced me. Worst week to let issako go... They really need to buy a fullback as I see Cobbo as an edge player. He's not the long term solution

So do we just lay the boot in to half our squad until they turn up and win again? Is that how this works?

Or do we get behind them and support them, just let me know aye. I am a bit confused.

You dont stick your head in the sand when players dont turn up week after week. I still wouldnt change much about this side even after that shit show. I don't get how you cant separate support and criticism. You can still back the team every game but be critical.

We have clearly had 3 players that have stood out as poor for us. Staggs, Tesi and Turpin. You could also argue Cobbo hasnt been great. At least 2 of them should probably be out the team next week but i think probably the main one will be a protected species.

I think Reynolds was decent. he had some shit kicks but he also was the reason we even got on the board. definitely not up to his standards though

but IF this is the worse game he ever plays for us I will be a happy fan.

The attitude of this team still sucks. Capewell and reynolds so far are not enough.

Kevie really needs to work out how floggings like this keep happening. We can cop loses but a scoreline like this should not of ever happened, add to that it happened in the qld derbie match at suncorp which is the one game you expect the boys to fire up win or lose.

Its efforts like this that turn fans away and make them think why bother showing up to the game or tuning in if that's what they are going to dish up.

Bottom line is What happened today was just not acceptable. I really dont think enough of these players care that much about the jersey they just like the fame that goes with it

I know its only round 3 but seeing this attitude has me so worried for this season. I could easily see us winning the spoon again.

Still think we need some mass player signings in the off season. I would get Rid of a few of these "ATHELETES" and get some cheap actual football players with smarts and heart.
They keep happening because of half wit **** tards like Staggs in the team. **** had 3 or 4 vital errors which lead to points.

What was going on with Cobbo at the start of the match, he was slow and had absolutely no kick chase at all. Did he need Staggs to lead the way?
Those two need to sit down and watch some Hodges/YowYeh hi lights. About the difference a killer combo makes to the game.

that said, I definitely think Cobbo is a centre, he will probably be like Mick Devere or a faster Jack Reed when he gets some man strength about him. He’s never gonna be a GI or Latrell.

I hope they have signed Reece Walsh, and that’s why they let Isaako go, cos Tesi ain’t it.

And lastly, ARey gets let off the hook today because the service from dummy half was horrendous. We need to do something about Turpin.

A disappointing game but not a disheartening one, I don't think. We were in it throughout the first, even if the execution was off. It's been the story of this team for most of the last five or six - not converting solid chances to points. And it's probably hard to shake off that feeling that if you don't make something happen now you're not going to have a chance again, given some of the results these players have been involved in over the last two to three years. They need to take the percentage plays, not push a pass, not chance the outside - and that will come with time and experience. Reynolds will sort some of that out, but it will take time.

I thought the Cowboys benefited from some pretty favourable penalties out of their own forty, and there were a couple of times that the Broncs might have felt hard done by to not hear the whistle. The tries either side of halftime were the killer, as they often have been in recent years. Reynolds' two errors around that time compounded things, and we were suddenly deep in the hole and things fell apart from there. I wonder if they'd converted a few of those chances in the first half what would have happened, but they didn't, and they have to learn from that.

Kev's bench management was again questionable - and the moves he made after Riki departed I don't think we're the right ones. Palasia seemed the wrong sub to play out the game out wide, and perhaps Kobe would have been a better option. Even getting Billy on then and shifting Turpin might have been a better option. Did Carrigan play eighty? He played out of his skin, but his minutes were too long.

Better to get that loss in now and learn from it, and they will need to learn from it. Hopefully it will force the changes that have been hard to make until now - questions over Turpin's and Staggs' places in the team will gain momentum - and with luck it will see the team bring a better attitude next week.

Hass, Pat and Herbie the best on field for us, in no particular order.

Also look to shift Cobbo to fullback now as tesi was seriously found out. He's never convinced me. Worst week to let issako go... They really need to buy a fullback as I see Cobbo as an edge player. He's not the long term solution
I wouldn’t be rewarding cobbo with the 1 jumper
He was one of our worst today
If anything I would drop him back to q cup and bring in Periera

We just looked slow and weak. Hopefully we use this humiliation to hypenus back up for a while.

If we want Cobbo at fullback, he needs to go back to Qcup for a month.

Selwyn was even worse in his one trial there. I think he needs to go back the QCup for a stint.

Maybe it's time to experiment with switching Herbie and Tesi. Remember Herbie was penciled to replace Jamayne but injury gave Tesi his break. Otherwise it's Mead.

No idea what to do with Kotoni. His confidence looks shot.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.