Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Good to be a broncos fan this morning. Congrats to Jordie Kahu, quality performance and the crowning achievement of his career. Showed hunger and that he wanted the ball. The skills of the man too. More of that please.

Cowboys wow. How do you rebuild a footy club in one week?? Luck isn't the word but they just can't take a trick. They looked like us v the rabbits round 1. Not that bad, but the points just kept racking

Surprise heritage release, did anyone know about that???

I love any yellow powers throw backs but those clown collars were ridiculous. Surely the Nike catalogue has that idea better executed somewhere

Good signs for the year, but also plenty of room for improvement. Great to see all players making maximum effort to get quick play the balls,despite the cows getting far to much leeway in the hold down. I know Milford is still building his game,but how good is it to have an actual five eight with potential to win games for us. Really like Cody off the bench, he is a weapon to test tired fowards and provides beautiful service. Congratulations to the team and to the 41000 fans who provided a great atmosphere.

Last edited:
Great win ... so good to see the boys playing like we know they can.

Okay my thoughts for what they are worth:-
1. A very good win with some positive signs, but there are still significant areas to work on and the Cowboys were really bad.

2. It is good to see that each week the team has improved their performance. Hopefully that continues against the Warriors.

3. There were positive signs everywhere. The halves were controlling play better and doing a bit of ball play, I hope that Milford's ball to put Glenn away is a sign of things to come. Forwards made good ground and it was refreshing to see a lot more offloads leading to second phase play rather than the guy hitting it up getting tackled and dying with the ball. Kahu, some great touches, his timing seems to be really good, and boy can he hit (plus he really puts his body on the line back there). I am really warming to this kid. Maranta, another improved performance, the two tries will do his confidence the world of good, but where is this much vaunted speed? Disappointed on him giving up in the chase. Oates, another good solid performance and I loved him putting in on the chase, he does have some real speed. Fantastic hit on Cooper. Kicking game was much improved but there is still a lot of room for improvement there.

4. Something is seriously going wrong at the Cowboys. They good very well be 0-6 with the three games they have coming up. With their roster they should have made at least two grand finals in the last 5-6 years, they have seriously underperformed and I wonder if they have now missed their premiership window?

5. Another week, another game against a former Bronco who was moved on. After watching that game closely last night I cannot disagree with the decision to move Hannant on and I thought much the same about Barba last week. So the decisions re Hannant, Barba and Kennedy all seem to have been spot on from my perspective.

6. The time has come for Reed to get a run in ISC and give Copely a fair crack at centre and see if he can cement the position (if is fit next week).

7. I thought that three of their tries last night were very questionable? The first one (from memory) was a fair try but resulted from possession from the knock on call against Kahu when he clearly had the ball knocked out of his hands. It should have been a penalty to us. Coote knocked the ball on prior to getting rid of it, should have been a no try call. O'Neill knocked on in the course of scoring.

8. I was a little disappointed we dropped off in the second half and did not go on with it and try and put 50 or 60 on them.

Reed is a stinker. Looks like a great squadie to have, tries hard, loves the club, enthusiam etc.

But he sucks.

Nice to see Milf taking the line, good in defence too.

Cowboys were garbage tho and as WB said in the presser- we weren't that good.

Most encouraging game I've seen for a while. Cowboys were awful but so were the Sharks last week, so to score 8 tries is great, even if it's just from an entertainment point of view. Seriously, it's been ages since the Broncos actually looked entertaining. Hopefully it can continue.

Our spine (Hunt, Milford and Kahu) were our best players and I thought Kahu was great. Made an excellent tackle in the second half on I think Cooper to stop a try and was quite good in attack.

Impressed with Blair's second half effort. He was still too quiet in the first half but responded well with McGuire off like you'd hope. Offered us a few things at the line and whilst the tunnel ball didn't look too good it was actually a pretty effective run up til that point and for the first time I can see some hope that he'll come good. He'll need to tone down his ball playing at times but an encouraging sign.

Milford looked dangerous passing too, which is very encouraging. Even had a dangerous grubber in the second half as well. Will hopefully improve even more but his combination with Glenn looks excellent.

Props to Maranta too for a strong run to set up his first try and for not bombing any tries. It was a strong game for him but I still don't see much hope for him long term. He just looks too slow and bereft of confidence. Maybe this game can turn the latter around though.

Just can't bring yourself to give credit to Macca who was very good last night.

Based on last nights performance- I would like to see Kahu in the centres once boyd is fit.

Based on last nights performance- I would like to see Kahu in the centres once boyd is fit.

I think for team dynamics Kahu would be better on the wing with Copley at center.

Especially as Kahu is much better under the high ball than Copley is.

I also think Copley plays better at center than wing

For mine, aside from a general lift in individual performances, Thaiday's passing made a difference, and we got the ball out to the edges a lot more. After the 1st lousy boring 22 minutes, I thought we were in for a hiding but we lifted as the Cowboys wilted.

I thought Gillett's work out on the edges was very good and Oates just keeps impressing me. Kahu continues to show we didn't need Boyd

Last edited:
Good all round performance. Still things to work on but we are steadily improving.

Just a word on JT for the Cowboys. Don't know what's wrong with him, but even watching him warm up the bloke just doesn't look happy. I know he has had a tough week but he is usually such a tough bugger. He just looks defeated and beaten down which isn't like him. he looks like his spark is gone.

For mine, aside from a general lift in individual performances, Thaiday's passing made a difference, and we got the ball out to the edges a lot more. After the 1st lousy boring 22 minutes, I thought we were in for a hiding but we lifted as the Cowboys wilted.

I thought Gillett's work out on the edges was very good and Oates just keeps impressing me. Kahu continues to show we didn't need Boyd

If we didn't get Boyd chances are we don't let Hoffman go and Kahu possibly still hasn't got a look in.

And if Kahu continues to improve like he is, Boyd is definitely no slouch on the wing. so which ever combination of Boyd Kahu play as wing/fb I think we most definitely needed Boyd.

Good all round performance. Still things to work on but we are steadily improving.

Just a word on JT for the Cowboys. Don't know what's wrong with him, but even watching him warm up the bloke just doesn't look happy. I know he has had a tough week but he is usually such a tough bugger. He just looks defeated and beaten down which isn't like him. he looks like his spark is gone.
He's just had a kid that's enough to beat anyone down:laugh:

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.