Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Why is it always that the other team plays badly when we win but when the Rabbitohs win they are the most dominant force to ever play rugby league? The Cowboys started well, we played them out of the game. We were hitting them hard and they were getting frustrated. Kahu was catching bombs he shouldn't have been catching, our centres were drawing in their wingers, they weren't breaking through Milford like they had hoped, Hunt was kicking to space, our props were hitting them hard in attack and defense, our second rowers were hitting holes and drawing in defenders, our bench did everything needed of them, our passes were going to the chest and error and penalty count looked low.

The Broncos played well last night which frustrated the Cowboys and made them play crap.

Why is it always that the other team plays badly when we win but when the Rabbitohs win they are the most dominant force to ever play rugby league? The Cowboys started well, we played them out of the game. We were hitting them hard and they were getting frustrated. Kahu was catching bombs he shouldn't have been catching, our centres were drawing in their wingers, they weren't breaking through Milford like they had hoped, Hunt was kicking to space, our props were hitting them hard in attack and defense, our second rowers were hitting holes and drawing in defenders, our bench did everything needed of them, our passes were going to the chest and error and penalty count looked low.

The Broncos played well last night which frustrated the Cowboys and made them play crap.

The Broncos did play well after 22 minutes.

The Cowboys played crap for 70 minutes. Absolute crap and yes, we did show marked improvements all over the park, but still, the Cowboys played crap no matter what. Their defence was school boy stuff for almost the whole game.

At the same time, I was impressed by how our players lifted and put in, and the changes to our game plan - moving the ball, Thaiday passing, Gillett getting good ball on the edges, Kahu ... and all the positives said so far.

However, our real test will come against the top sides: Roosters, Panthers, Bulldogs

Last edited:
With a 9-day recovery, will McGuire be passed as safe to play on Sunday?

when kahu was setting the tries up he was at centre would he set any up being at full back in saying that I'm glad he is in our team

Hodges was just cramps. Should get him out of training though!
McGuire will need to sit the test again before he can play.
Gillett had a finger injury last night.

Just joined this forum, long time lurker. broncos member for 3 years, live in London now but that is the first game ive enjoyed for a good few years now over here.

we can argue about mucullough and blair but when you tjink about it, thats the first comfortable game we've had in a good while

Yeah I don't understand the digs at Kahu under the high ball, his shown high confidence in diffusing the ball and has done so with disregard often to his safety and given time he will only improve as he builds his confidence.

Up until Round 2 Kahu dropped the quite a few bombs (since returning from injury). He dropped 2 as fullback in one game last year then did the same playing on the wing for Wynnum.
His performance Round 2 shut me up and he backed it up this game.

Just joined this forum, long time lurker. broncos member for 3 years, live in London now but that is the first game ive enjoyed for a good few years now over here.

we can argue about mucullough and blair but when you tjink about it, thats the first comfortable game we've had in a good while

Welcome mate. What about the Knights or the Bulldogs game last year? There's been plenty where we have won comfortably over the last few years.

Welcome to the forum.....Today is a good day to be a Bronco supporter...the sun always shines just a little brighter,birds chirp a little clearer and the worlds all warm and fuzzy ! ....except maybe London

yea ok, maybe im caught up in a good result but in the few years ive been paying to watch bronco games this is up there with the best feelings....

Welcome to the forum.....Today is a good day to be a Bronco supporter...the sun always shines just a little brighter,birds chirp a little clearer and the worlds all warm and fuzzy ! ....except maybe London

lovely sunny day here! shorts and a very heavy jumper.... thermal shirt under the jumper.... still cold... but broncs won so it was ok this morning

I think for team dynamics Kahu would be better on the wing with Copley at center.

Especially as Kahu is much better under the high ball than Copley is.

I also think Copley plays better at center than wing

Im thinking copley would be fine on the wing outside kahu.

I'm liking Kahu at the back. He is willing to put his body on the line in defense, he has been good under the high ball and he has been good in attack. I hope he keeps improving.

Oates... **** how quick was he? I'm there in the stands watching Kodi try to chase down Feldt and then out of the blue here comes Oates! From the other side of the fucking field..

I thought a lot of people were overrating his speed because of his try against the Knights when really he only beat Uate because Uate tried to ankle tap him, but he showed how much speed he has. That was unbelievable.

Last edited:
when kahu was setting the tries up he was at centre would he set any up being at full back in saying that I'm glad he is in our team

I thought Kahu was playing an excellent game as a ball playing FB who had come up into the line, reading the play, and knowing exactly what to do from either/both instinct or vision. The guy has class.

I thought Kahu was playing an excellent game as a ball playing FB who had come up into the line, reading the play, and knowing exactly what to do from either/both instinct or vision. The guy has class.

agree, but where does he go when boyd comes back? He's too good to be on the wing...

I'm liking Kahu at the back. He is willing to put his body on the line in defense, he has been good under the high ball and he has been good in attack. I hope he keeps improving.

Oates... **** how quick was he? I'm there in the stands watching Kodi try to chase down Feldt and then out of the blue here comes Oates! From the other side of the fucking field..

I thought a lot of people were overrating his speed because of his try against the Knights when really he only beat Uate because Uate tried to ankle tap him, but he showed how much sp
eed he has. That was unbelievable.
Funny ! Last year I kept writing how much I wanted Oates out of the forwards and back out at wing or centre but was repeatedly told Oates was a back rower ...not saying you wrote he was Super . Perhaps they are right but I wrote he was better suited in the team away from the middle where we was just doing the grunt work...didn't like seeing really young guys in the pack, a bit more old school and like hardened more mature players doing that role.

I'm absolutely elated with the win.

Not because it was a great performance or we turned back the clock but because it vindicated the belief a lot of fans had. I was really surprised by and large how calm everyone was after the Broncos got flogged 36-6 then followed it up with an unconvincing 10-2 win over Cronulla. It was like fans knew it was just apart of the script and were willing to wait until this game to make their judgements and to those fans I hope you enjoyed that game as much as I did.

What impressed me is that the Broncos played to their strengths which happened to be the Cowboys weaknesses. They threw a lot around the edges and it took it's toll on the Cowboys as the boys were able to get their arms free and create opportunities through some second phase and sublime passing.

I'll expand on a few points when I sit down and review the game but for now I just wanted to say that I'm feeling very justified with the Broncos right now. Also glad they won too, because the sight of Buck trotting around would have been so sad if we played terribly. Poor ol' Buck...the horse is completely gun-shy now!

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Scdeac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • ell.d33
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Allo
  • bazza
  • Wolfie
  • Nerd
  • RodF
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.