Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Another big concern is the fact we looked gassed 10 minutes into the game. Who the **** is responsible for conditioning at the club and how are they still employed?

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Are we all starting to notice a trend? The last 2-3 years it always comes back to the same 3 players when we have these horrible losses, the 9, 7 & 1. We've tried blaming it on Bennett being behind the times with his game plan, we've tried blaming it on the forwards not giving us momentum, we've tried blaming it on Milford for not living up to his paycheck.

Nah...

It's those 3. We need to find better, fast.

Niko actually played well considering the soft performance from our pack

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I don’t know how we go from dominating the cowboys to getting bitch slapped by the dragons. I noticed tonight that we didn’t play with nearly as much aggression and contact was soft in defensive. The other thing is that we were trying to tackle them up top instead of taking their legs out

It's the same thing as last year. We'd be up for a big game and then can't bring the same intensity the week after.

I actually watched a clip of a recent Joe Rogan Experience today where he talks to some fighter about intensity and training. He made a point that intense training is unsustainable for the whole week, about how he trains every day but less intense, and ends up with more hours of training over a year in total. It's not the same thing, but kinda probably applies here too, we were fucking intense last week and last year at times but it's unsustainable, and what you got was a noticeable drop off.

Last edited:
F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
All those saying drop Macca, we literally have nobody to replace him. If any of you watched Turpin for Reddy, you would understand why.

The real problem is that we don't have anyone putting any pressure on him. Hopefully one of the young halves we have can develop into a great hooker. Maybe Paix.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Niko actually played well considering the soft performance from our pack

I keep reading that he's playing well, I'm yet to see it myself, I think he's completely screwing a majority of our right side sweeping plays with his stop start style of running, indecision and poor kicking.

If this is him playing well, it's time to immediately move on.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Are we all starting to notice a trend? The last 2-3 years it always comes back to the same 3 players when we have these horrible losses, the 9, 7 & 1. We've tried blaming it on Bennett being behind the times with his game plan, we've tried blaming it on the forwards not giving us momentum, we've tried blaming it on Milford for not living up to his paycheck.

Nah...

It's those 3. We need to find better, fast.

Maccas been a plodder for years, he literally personifies mediocrity in such a crucial position.

Knik is just not the #7 we need, he’s the #7 some other club needs but we can’t utilise his strengths.

Boyd needs to just good it in so we can move on and build toward a new spine.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
What’s with ex broncos coming back and haunting the broncos.

Last edited:
Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I keep reading that he's playing well, I'm yet to see it myself, I think he's completely screwing a majority of our right side sweeping plays with his stop start style of running, indecision and poor kicking.

If this is him playing well, it's time to immediately move on.
I’d rather give him a run at fullback.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The real problem is that we don't have anyone putting any pressure on him. Hopefully one of the young halves we have can develop into a great hooker. Maybe Paix.

That's my point. You don't pick a player who isn't banging the door down imo unless you are beset by injury.

If we want a good hooker, let's make a play for Harry Grant because he won't be seeing any game time down at Melbourne

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Also fun fact for you all: Hunt is now 3 from 3 against us. Let that sink in.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
I only watched the last half hour but the one thing I did notice was how ineffective Macca was in defence. He rarely won the contact and then couldn’t win the wrestle making it easy for them to find their front and get a quick ptb.

But apparently that’s what’s suppose to be his best feature considering he is absolute dog shit in attack. I’ve said all along just because he has high tackle counts doesn’t make him a great defender. He is the Nathan Hindmarsh of the Broncos, not so much the flopping side of it but how his tackle counts are over exaggerated by just joining in 3 man tackles. He never dominates a man one on one in the ruck. He is serviceable at best and the sooner we find a better replacement the sooner this team will click and move forward.

One of the main reasons I was excited for Seibold’s arrival is because I believe once he went from
Cook to Macca, that he would identify our issues at 9 immediately and Macca wouldn’t last the season and we’d finally try to rectify this problem. I’d be damn interested to know what he is thinking after 3 weeks. It’s bleeding obvious that a 9 that either has a slick passing game, or a half decent running game would improve this team 3 fold. I would settle for just one of those traits at the very least. If Kodi was capable of defending strongly for 80 mins at 9, Macca would be in reserve grade by Easter.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Someone asked in the game thread how many hunt made and it was 10. Niko made 24

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.