Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I honestly feel sorry for Milford after tonight. He’s genuinely lethal when he’s able to play free flowing footy, but if Brisbane don’t go and get him a Halfback who can steer the other 4-5 tackles and kick cleanly for field position then they’re going to waste any good that Milford can offer the side.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I keep reading that he's playing well, I'm yet to see it myself, I think he's completely screwing a majority of our right side sweeping plays with his stop start style of running, indecision and poor kicking.

If this is him playing well, it's time to immediately move on.

I think Niko is playing well tbh. Problem is, we have Milf who is playing exactly the same role. We don't have a halfback between the two of them. I'd rather see him on the bench instead of Staggs, and let Macca start at hooker then Bring Niko on for the last 15 or 20 mins of each half.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I honestly feel sorry for Milford after tonight. He’s genuinely lethal when he’s able to play free flowing footy, but if Brisbane don’t go and get him a Halfback who can steer the other 4-5 tackles and kick cleanly for field position then they’re going to waste any good that Milford can offer the side.

Yeah, we had some flashes of the Milford of old, taking the line on and looking threatening.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The rollercoaster is what makes the football season. Winning all the time is boring and conducive to a harmonious forum, who wants that?!
Me. I want to win every game and every premiership every year.

I thought Joe O was good tonight, he was sticking at first contact on every tackle. He bird & milf get a pass. Everyone else can gtfo.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I agree about moving Mccullough on, he's been the hooker for the last 10 years and isn't producing premierships.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
One thing that also needs mentioning, Ofahengaue has significantly regressed so far this season. If anyone needs a kick up the ass, it's him.
His defence was good I thought. Jed be a better lock than gillo. I don’t think he’s a prop.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Also fun fact for you all: Hunt is now 3 from 3 against us. Let that sink in.

Pity he never ran at the line and attacked it when he was with us as he did constantly tonight, but then again, we sat back and just let him dictate play.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
That's a tad harsh. In a rubbish team performance I thought he was busting his ass to lift us. His kicking was excellent and he even made attempts to run the ball.
Every now and then he made an attempt at a tackle too. His first half was ordinary and he accomplished little but certainly improved in the second half. I merely make the claim he wasn't great tonight. Over the games length he was average.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I keep on seeing random players across the 17 name dropped, but the 1, 7 and 9 are sticking out like sore thumbs and have been for 2 seasons. That is over half our spine that is either well past it (Boyd) or never had it to begin with.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I keep on seeing random players across the 17 name dropped, but the 1, 7 and 9 are sticking out like sore thumbs and have been for 2 seasons. That is over half our spine that is either well past it (Boyd) or never had it to begin with.

Boyd ran with a lot more intent tonight.. of the 3 he’d be the last I’d change at the moment.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Another one I was disappointed with tonight was TPJ. He was probably still tired from his effort last week but he was very quiet tonight. He certainly didn't come out with a mission to **** up someones evening that's for sure.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That rushed field goal attempt at the end, I just can't get over it. The Drags lost it in their half and gifted us a perfect chance to set it up right in front of the sticks. Instead the team panics, no leadership from Boyd of course, and they go with a sloppy as **** attempt from 30 metres out on the 3rd.

I mean fair dinkem, how stupid can you be.

In those situations it's the 6,7 & 9's job to take over and lead the team. They failed to do so.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Said it before the season started, and I’ll say it again, Kodi should be super sub. Look at how good it worked in 2015 - he literally won games for us off the bench (Souths game)

6. Milf
7. SoS/Deardon/whoever

8. Lodge
10. Pangai (who needs to fucking focus and not just be a missile in defence)

Unfortunately both Fifita and Gillett are right edge, so Glenn has to stay left unless one can adapt very quickly.

11./12. ideally Gillett and Fifita, but probably Glenn + Gillett

13. Joe O

14. Niko
15. Flegler
16. Haas
17. Fifita/Su’A/etc/etc

This needs to be done Seibs. Don’t die on the hill in your first year

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
The boys just didn't turn up. Credit to the Dragons for playing their game of the season, they deserved the win. The sickening thing will be forwards lifting a gear vs the rorters next week when they should be playing at the same level every week if we're to be a chance of winning the comp. At the moment we're no chance of making the top 4 if we don't turn up against shit sides.

I said it after r1, but Gillett has to go from the lock. Even Fensom (ideally Offa, TPJ, Haas, or Carrigan) would provide better impact in that position. Seibold is trying to fit too many pieces into the backrow at the moment when he should make the tough call. Glenn was great tonight, but he aint better than Gillett on an edge, and it's touch and go as to whether he's better than Fifita who played very well I thought. Milf and Niko were good despite having abhorrent kicking games. Macca was average, not as shocking as everyone is saying ITT (his kicking was good), but his passing game is shit and we'd be better with Niko off the bench to spell him.

TPJ was shithouse. He's an impact player who looks like Morley in his prime one week and a plodder the next. He's not worth a million on that performance. We really need Lodge back in our pack.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Ronald
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spoon
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.