PRE-GAME Round 3 - Broncos vs Eels

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Lodge is back baby!!!! We got this

Ferguson will bully Oates all night if he isn't up for this. He's had a chance to hit the reset button on his season now, I expect that he actually has his head screwed on in defence. If I see one up and in which leads to Ferguson scoring.........

Last edited:
I fucking love our forward pack these days. I remember for so long that we had quality starters and **** all else. Essentially needing to be ahead before the spuds come on to under all the good work. Now if have 80 minutes of pain and it's fucking awesome.

I think it’s easy to love any Broncos forward pack in recent times when you consider at one stage we had the likes of Joel Clinton, Martin Kennedy and Ashton Sims leading it.

I think it’s easy to love any Broncos forward pack in recent times when you consider at one stage we had the likes of Joel Clinton, Martin Kennedy and Ashton Sims leading it.

Well yeah but fair credit to them, this current crop of boys we've got coming through aren't just a satisfactory upgrade on those blokes, they're miles higher than the likes of Clinton and Sims and at this point are pretty much the envy of the NRL in their youth, talent and potential ceiling. You can safely say we have not seen a forward pack at the club this good since the days of Petero and Webby.

Ferguson will bully Oates all night if he isn't up for this. He's had a chance to hit the reset button on his season now, I expect that he actually has his head screwed on in defence. If I see one up and in which leads to Ferguson scoring.........

Furgo and Oates are so similar in their game and inconsistency. Who know which version of either will turn up tonight.

Last edited:
Well yeah but fair credit to them, this current crop of boys we've got coming through aren't just a satisfactory upgrade on those blokes, they're miles higher than the likes of Clinton and Sims and at this point are pretty much the envy of the NRL in their youth, talent and potential ceiling. You can safely say we have not seen a forward pack at the club this good since the days of Petero and Webby.

Agreed and it is definitely the most skillful forward pack in the clubs history hands down.

Man I cannot believe how excited I am to have the footy back. Been doing my fantasy teams and I am just so fucking pumped. Let's do this!

If we can not get up for this game big time then I will be completely baffled. Before they run out they need to watch the semi final last year again just to let it really sink in.

Due to the recent circumstances I am expecting we will probably see a slow, clumsy, disjointed game from both sides. Likely lots of players out of shape / not match fit, some ref confusion and likely a lot of errors and not much gelling.

It could work in our favour... the team who wants it more tonight will likely get over the line...

You'd really hope that team will be us after the embarrassment of last year.

Let’s be honest here, based on the last two-three years, Fergo is miles ahead of Oates on output.
Fergo is arguably the best winger in the competition, Oates wouldn't make my top 10. Fergo has an excellent high work rate, is supremely fit and is an out and out athlete. If Oates can become anything like Fergo I'd be over the moon. Fergo doesn't even have that many brain farts in him anymore.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.