PRE-GAME Round 3 - Broncos vs Eels

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

God we will have a side once TPJ and Fifita come back as well in few weeks.

Broncos

[automerge]1590473682[/automerge]
Broncos Captain Alex Glenn will lead his team out for the first time in the 2020 season after being named to play against Parramatta on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

Glenn has overcome hamstring and calf problems that kept him out of the opening two victories over the Cowboys and Rabbitohs, while Matt Lodge (knee) and Joe Ofahengaue (club suspension) have also been named to strengthen the Brisbane pack after missing the start to 2020.

The 10-week break since the Broncos’ last win over the Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium has also allowed halfback Brodie Croft (AC joint) and Corey Oates (ribs) to fully recover from those injuries and be 100% for the Eels.

Lodge and Ofahengaue have been named on an extended bench that also includes Herbie Farnworth, Ethan Bullemor, Rhys Kennedy, Tesi Niu, Xavier Coates ad Tom Dearden.

David Fifita (knee) and Tevita Pangai Junior (suspension) are the only topline players missing from the Broncos line-up, while veteran Andrew McCullough – who played off the bench in the opening two games – has departed after taking up a new contract with the Knights.

Broncos Coach Anthony Seibold said the Broncos were well-placed to cover the hooking duties if No.9 Jake Turpin needed rest.

“We’ve got that covered – Alex Glenn spent a fair bit of time at 9 over a number of years when he’s played a utility role,” said Seibold.

“And Ethan Bullemor will be on the bench and he can play edge backrow as well as middle, so it’s good having a player like him on the bench.

“So if Turps does need a spell at some stage then … we’ve got that covered, but we also believe Turps is ready to play some more minutes as well.”

Last edited:
Fifita out for 5-6 weeks is the only not so good news... looking forward to this clash to get a better idea where we are.

Fifita out for 5-6 weeks is the only not so good news... looking forward to this clash to get a better idea where we are.
Yeah not so good news but that does open the door for Hopoate to impress here. Also if he returns and we are in good shape that will be a real plus to have done it without him.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, anyone else totally forget Glenn is captain?

Apart from the Fifita stuff, it seems like this break has benefited us quite well. We are going to miss Fifitas punch but we have some quality players to replace him for a bit.
At least we won't be relying on some piece of individual brilliance from him to win.

As good as it is, we need structures in place to put away teams when our forward pack has done the work.

one day im sure it will happen.....we will start a season with our best 13 fit.....oh well..

NRL team lists has Lodge listed as a reserve & Flegs to start...interesting to see if that lasts until Thursday..?

Is Siebs thinking of turning Herb into another Cook...???

Had a quick look at parra's round 2 game. They looked sharp, albeit against the titans. This will be a much harder match than our first 2 rounds.

Last edited:
Lodge is a certainty to play he's coming off the bench good option imo.

Even though we started the season so well, I'm trying not to get too excited for the game after the last few seasons of up and down performances. In saying that, if we can knock of the Eels, Roosters and Manly in the coming weeks then our young team will be brimming in self-belief and will primed to give the title a serious shake. What I'd give to see us send Cam Smith into 'early' retirement after losing to the Broncos in the Grand Final.

Is Siebs thinking of turning Herb into another Cook...???

He'd be a bit tall for a hooker at 6'3" I think. In an interview, Seibs said that he thinks wing is Herbie's best position but he can also cover for the outside backs. He also said that Glenn will be able to fill in at hooker and I've read that Hopoate has also been training a bit at hooker, but he also believes Turpin is capable of more minutes on the field.

You think Herbie is in our long term plans? The kid looks like a natural first grader.

100% haven't changed my stance at all, I keep saying he has shown such great football smarts and improvement from 2018 to 2019 was massive. 2018 was injury disrupted with his wrist but even then he showed toughness but 2019 he was just tremendous. Similar to Stagg was in ISC he does football stuff- not flashy things but just football things.

With Seibs saying Bullemore would come off the Bench, would that mean he's come into our Top 30 now?

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.