Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

But they could have just blown the penalties against teams like Melbourne who built entire game plans around manipulating players necks in tackles to slow the play down...

They tried doing that already and then Round 4 2018 happened where they blew 35 penalties and mainstream and social media chucked a wobbly and Todd Greenburg bowed down to the masses before the crackdown was given a chance to run its course

V’Landy’s was given a clear directive from the broadcasters that the game wasn’t as entertaining as it use to be. He at least got on the front foot and realised slowing down tactics and wrestling was the main contributor to the games being less entertaining.

Just like how cricket does it’s best to ensure an even contest between bat and ball for an entertaining product, the league is striving to find a balance between defence and attack for the sakes of maximising viewers and I and many have felt in recent times that the balance has swayed way too far into the defence stakes.

The result over the weekend was the ball was in play for an extra 4 minutes and we were seeing first hand the workings of attacks against a very fatigued defence which is what everyone assumed reducing the interchange further would achieve. The players are evolving all the time and getting fitter and fitter and I think these changes will make it so that balance remains right.

I think the Cowboys Titans game was the beast refereed game I have seen in a very long time. The 6 again calls looked pretty obvious what they were for and as soon as Coen Hess and Mitch Dunn gave away a blatant penalty to slow the game down in an attacking situation they were immediately sent to the bin no questions asked.

Like I have mentioned the system isn without its flaws but give it time and if everyone gets on board with it and the referees don’t abuse it, it will be a great change. Val Holmes and other players have already mentioned in interviews that it’s better now that one ref just runs and controls the game his way now without confusion and without arguing with the pocket ref all game.

The biggest criticism I’ve heard against the 6 again rule is how the ref just seems to blow it whenever and half the time you don’t know what it’s for. And I will agree with that criticism and if the refs don’t abuse it and just give it when it is obvious and you can clearly see what it’s for, then it shouldn’t be an issue. It will eventually be tweaked but whoever mentioned maybe only allowing one 6 again per set before blowing a penalty isn’t a bad way to look at it in the future

The 6 again rule certainly makes it much easier to maintain momentum, but at the same time it makes the game less clunky and much faster which overall is a good thing and is way more entertaining to watch, it backfired big time on our team this week but as a footy fan I would rather this, the ref mistakes before where just as bad but the game was stopping all the time and we could reflect on how robbed we where while the players are getting constant rests which never allowed the game to open up that much, making it crap to watch.
Do you think Bunker could announce 6 again reason. No stoppage but reason provided to fans

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the 6 again rule.

What I do have a problem with is CONSISTENCY. This rule will be manipulated like every other "game changing amazing rule" the NRL has brought it. The wrestle will leave the game only one way. CONSISTENCY, using the bloody sin bin, and authoritarian and confident refereeing. The 1 ref will have more benefit then this rule will. 2 refs ment 2 different points of view/inconsistency, and decreased their authority.

I can guarantee everyone on here something. By the end of the year the bottom 4 teams will be in the bottom 33% of teams with this ruling against them when defending the opposition 50 metres, and the opposite will be true for the top 4 teams. Logical right? Then ik can also guarantee you that is you watch a replay of every one of the 6 again tackles and mixed in 100s of other tackles that didn't get the 6 again ruling you would pick which one was the "bad" tackle less then 50% of the time. The difference is it won't show u p on the penalties for/against sheet. How is that not open to manipulation??????

Do you think Bunker could announce 6 again reason. No stoppage but reason provided to fans
No, they are finally doing it for penalties (atleast on the fox Coverage) I think thats enough, for 6 again calls it's not really possible, just listen to the ref to get an idea.

Surely the ref can announce the reason, you know to give even the illusion of transparency.

"6 again, holding down"
"6 again, hands on the ball"
"6 again, square up"
"6 again, I hate this team"
"6 again, I have the eels 13+"

I hate wrestle get it out, we want fast game with no penalties.

Here is your no wrestle fast game with no penalties.

Booooo I never wanted that. I demand different change to the change I wanted and asked for.
Broad strokes champion although I generally think you're a good judge. I didn't have a problem with the wrestle and it isn't gone. I had a problem with gutless refs who bend to commentators complaints about penalties. The truth is had the refs stuck with blowing penalties for endless wrestling we'd have the same game speed as now but with accountability. The wrestling would have reduced quite quickly had the refs continued with the usual 'crackdown' that usually lasted one and a half games of each season. Like most you seem satisfied with the easy way approach which surprises me a bit to be honest. You haven't even mentioned the points I made about the downside of the new open slather approach for the game managers, sorry 🤣 referees.

re one ref and 10 metres .
The 2 touch judges and 1 video ref could communicate with the 1 ref ? No ?

It is nice you think anyone NRL related has this much common sense.
[automerge]1591078229[/automerge]
Surely the ref can announce the reason, you know to give even the illusion of transparency.

"6 again, holding down"
"6 again, hands on the ball"
"6 again, square up"
"6 again, I hate this team"
"6 again, I have the eels 13+"

I reckon most fans would actually respect this, it would actually be better than the pretense of professionalism we currently have.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Bish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.