Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The Storm lost because of their attack. Once they endured a few resets, the ref stopped policing the ruck and they were all over Canberra in the tackle. It was kinda gross and trademark Storm.

How could it be their attack? They have 3 fullbacks in the spine, that’s the correct number of fullbacks, right? Besides I have been told by all the genius commentators that they finally got rid of the genuine halfback that was the source of all their troubles so they must be fine.

Yep, it’s just one step closer to the WWE and the scripted storylines. Now not only can the NRL decide who wins it each year with ease they can write a storyline each round based on what they think viewer’s want to see the most.

it’s disgraceful.
Agreed. This will be used to keep games close I can guarantee it. Did anyone see the 2 6 again reasons against us the 1st try? I could pick another 50 tackles/rucks in the game that were worse, 1 you could say was an accident. To do a 2nd repeat off a nothing tackle then there is definite intent there. Put that together with "Don't even bother checking it corey" and I can sense parra becoming the souffs of 2014 a.k.a media darlings leading to golden run with the refs Alll the way through to the premiership

Last edited:
Some of the complaining about refereeing on this forum is ridiculous. That round was the best round of footy I’ve seen for years. I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted that the set repeat rule would speed it up that much but the result is great. We should be celebrating anything that stifles Melbourne’s cynical tactics. I think we’ll benefit from this rule once we’re at full strength.

I hate wrestle get it out, we want fast game with no penalties.

Here is your no wrestle fast game with no penalties.

Booooo I never wanted that. I demand different change to the change I wanted and asked for.

I thought the six again rule worked great and I love the strip rule l. I’m just happy wrestling is being fought back against, it has ruined the game for a decade or more.

That said, in the Bulldogs game, they were clearly getting leg ups the whole second half. The faster teams in defense were rarely ever back ten in most of the games, it is hard to argue that point.

im all for the 6 again rule but it needs to be ruled the same way over the whole game and round.

I hate wrestle get it out, we want fast game with no penalties.

Here is your no wrestle fast game with no penalties.

Booooo I never wanted that. I demand different change to the change I wanted and asked for.

Yeah but as usual your hot takes ignore what people have actually been saying, but hey I'm sure the few likes it garners puts a real pep in your step so I get it.

The issue is as it always has been is consistency. I couldn't give a **** if the rules gave you 6 again if you lay on them for more than one second or let you lie on them for a minute without consequence, as long as that was applied to every tackle for both teams. That didn't happen and won't because they couldn't do it with 2 refs so why did we think they could with one?

They didn't need to change the rule to get rid of the wrestle, all they needed to do was penalise the teams that wrestle. This rule was brought in under a guise, nothing more.

This is my thoughts also. They had two referees capable of cracking down. If anything, now allows teams more of an opportunity to work around it once they get used to the rules. We now have offside like crazy. The 6 again rule mid set is terrible. If im the half or captain, i want play stopped, a 30m kick down field into touch and a fresh set of 6 to apply the screws. Running sets up to 9 tackles now doesn't provide a huge advantage, just adds and extra 2-3 middle plays. You'd be lucky to push to the opposition 10 if you are coming out from your own line.

Last edited:
They didn't need to change the rule to get rid of the wrestle, all they needed to do was penalise the teams that wrestle. This rule was brought in under a guise, nothing more.

they tried that but stopped because the media whinged about high penalty counts.

the problem was that the NRL are too spineless to stand up to them, if they had of stayed the course, teams would have learned, the penalty counts would have returned to normal and the game would have been better off

Last edited:
Yeah but as usual your hot takes ignore what people have actually been saying, but hey I'm sure the few likes it garners puts a real pep in your step so I get it.

The issue is as it always has been is consistency. I couldn't give a **** if the rules gave you 6 again if you lay on them for more than one second or let you lie on them for a minute without consequence, as long as that was applied to every tackle for both teams. That didn't happen and won't because they couldn't do it with 2 refs so why did we think they could with one?

this ...

I actually read an article that talked about how in Broncos vs Eels game, the ref started giving the 6 again calls before putting the whistle away ...

they tried that but stopped because the media whinged about high penalty counts.

the problem was that the NRL are too spineless to stand up to them, if they had have stayed the course, teams would have learned, the penalty counts would have returned to normal and the game would have been better off
I've said it before, but the only thing they needed to do was actually enforce the sin binning for professional fouls.

You don't let a team get away with 3, 4, 5 intentional fouls back to back on their line and then all of a sudden go "now we'll give you a warning".

Should've been a warning on the second penalty... on the first you give them a bit of leeway, but if there's a second shortly after or there is a consistent effort to give away blatant penalties as soon as they look like getting a quick ptb that is clearly a tactic being incorporated from the defensive side and should start seeing professional fouls.

Previously teams were getting 4-5 chances before a warning... and even after the warning the ref puts the whistle away. Sometime the team stops with the intentional penalties, but I'm sure the ref just doesnt want to be in the spotlight for impacting on the game.

The games this weekend were effectively an attempt at creating those garbage slog fests where the ref just doesn't even bother calling a penalty... except this weekend there were teams making a conscious effort to get off so they didn't get pinged (thinking the refs were actually going to be harsh) and some teams who just took the piss waiting for the ref to do something.

Eventually all the teams will realise they can lay down as long as they want as often as they want, because it's a lottery whether the ref will call it... and you can sure as shit bet there won't be a sin binning unless it's a blatant professional after a line break (which was the case for the cowboys) or your the Broncos, because you know they'll just ping us all game.

There was no consistency within a game let alone across the whole round.

The Storm lost because of their attack. Once they endured a few resets, the ref stopped policing the ruck and they were all over Canberra in the tackle. It was kinda gross and trademark Storm.

The Storm lost because of the Raider's defence (and their brilliant spine in attack). They have worked out the Storm's predictable, if very well executed attack (and defence) and have learned how to counter it. Unlike us - simple coaching issue ...

Also. the Storm no longer have X-factors to lift their (very good) game to the next level. No Cronk, no Slater. Only Munster. As for SMith, he is only as good as his supports. What happened to them is for me, similar to what is happening to us minus Fifi and TPJ (and now Staggs in attack). Except we are nowhere near as well drilled as the Storm. And, as I have said before, for me, we are toast against the top sides without our stars unless the rest of our game approaches the slick well drilled execution of sides like the Storm, Roosters, Eels, Manly and Raiders.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm so the opposite on the new rule. Sure the wrestling may have died back a bit but ffs the refs have been given free reign to do as they want without penalties showing up their bias. Now they can simply mention 6 again whenever they feel like without justification. A wrong decision can't be questioned because the play has already moved on, the commentators at the game watching don't have a clue what the six again is for because once again they're already looking at the next tackle or play, the viewer has no clue either and there's no replay because there's no break in play.

It's garbage and perfect for the refs to orchestrate a result. No one is questioning the refs about it. At least when a penalty was blown we get to see what it was for and it exposes the refs decisions. It was accountability and **** me, that's gone.

Agree. They should announce the 6 again reason.

The 6 again rule certainly makes it much easier to maintain momentum, but at the same time it makes the game less clunky and much faster which overall is a good thing and is way more entertaining to watch, it backfired big time on our team this week but as a footy fan I would rather this, the ref mistakes before where just as bad but the game was stopping all the time and we could reflect on how robbed we where while the players are getting constant rests which never allowed the game to open up that much, making it crap to watch.

Active Now

• marw
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrslong
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.