Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I was still happy with Flegler, Carrigan & Lodge last night, they were all making ~10 metres per run, give or take, which is all you can hope for from middle forwards.

The biggest disappointments last night in terms of go-forward were Ofahengaue and Oates.

Ofahengaue - 8 runs for 57 metres (7.1 metres per run)
Oates - 13 runs for 96 metres (7.4 metres per run)

That's so far below what we're used to seeing from them, Oates AVERAGED 140-170m per game every season between 2016-2019.. based on what we've seen in the first 3 games, he could be struggling to average 100m in 2020.
Compare oates states to herbie's who was on for 25 mins, made the same amount of tackles and ran 8 times for 80 metres (according to nrl.com at least)

I had no idea Scott was officiating that game, what an absolute farce. The guy played dirtier than most, why on earth would he be able to be unbiased off the field? That's disgraceful.
[automerge]1590834182[/automerge]
Sounds like one Annersley needs to explain on Monday.

Firstly that it was incorrect (I could see on the first replay that it was kneed by the parra player) and secondly why the ref is telling the team not to challenge... they can challenge whatever the **** they want.

It's absolutely gobsmacking.

Last edited:
In short I just reckon the Eels looked just much fitter than us, sharper than us and wanted it more than us from the get go which is disappointing considering last years semi. We looked like the team that flew up on the morning of the game.

We can blame the refs all we want but than you’re just enabling and making excuses for this team. Granted it is still a young team but some of these guys now have played a decent amount of first grade to at least be competitive for 80 mins. The reason we were so badly exposed is because the last couple of years, we have been a team where when the opposing teams have the momentum, we struggle to swing the game back in our favour. That could be because we still lack a forward leader who can change a momentum swing with their physicality in defense. TPJ could be that guy for us if we could grow a brain and stay on the field. We still haven’t learnt how to absorb pressure and swing momentum and this new rule has badly exposed that. If we don’t get it right and soon, this will not be a one off.

Also after watching 5 games I am a huge fan of the new rule, even though we were on the wrong end of it Thursday and that’s because we didn’t handle the Occassion well at all. This new rule seems to have eliminated 90% of the wrestle and the games have a better flow to it and we are seeing more attacking footy without diminishing the collisions and physicality. I think the product has been outstanding considering we have had a 2+ month lay off. Still need to see a bigger sample size but so far so good.

The real negative though is there are going to be more blow outs than ever before as we now don’t have the refs manipulating games and giving out square up penalties to even out games. At least the better teams should be the ones who win the games.

Elijah Taylor with 77

Edit: Michael Luck had 78 for the Warriors in 2009, but that was with 10 minutes of golden point

According to NRL.com, McInnes made 75 tackles against the Warriors today.

This is another product of the increased speed of the game, we may see some records broken in terms of tackle counts.

According to NRL.com, McInnes made 75 tackles against the Warriors today.

This is another product of the increased speed of the game, we may see some records broken in terms of tackle counts.

Number of sets are seemingly through the roof too

If hookers are going to be making more and more tackles, you really should be having another one on your bench.

We're going to struggle so badly in the 9 position. Turpin isn't an 80 minute hooker to begin with and now those 80 minutes stretch a lot further in terms of output.

It's so fucking lame Segeyaro got caught up with ASADA. He'd be absolutely perfect for us this year.

Last edited:
We're going to struggle so badly in the 9 position. Turpin isn't an 80 minute hooker to begin with and now those 80 minutes stretch a lot further in terms of output.

It's so fucking lame Segeyaro got caught up with ASADA. He'd be absolutely perfect for us this year.

Turps ought to look at how Hodgson played tonight against the Storm. It was a masterclass in hooker play. No shovelling the ball to the nearest flat footed prop or a shovel 2 wide to an equally flat footed support. He kept the forward momentum rolling by snappy service after running the ball to give his forwards room to move and probed the line at every opportunity. For mine, he completely outplayed Smith. Turps running game on last night's performance is sadly lacking. What's happened?

Seggy's running game is exactly what we needed

Last edited:
Turps ought to look at how Hodgson played tonight against the Storm. It was a masterclass in hooker play. No shovelling the ball to the nearest flat footed prop or a shovel 2 wide to an equally flat footed support. He kept the forward momentum rolling by snappy service after running the ball to give his forwards room to move and probed the line at every opportunity. For mine, he completely outplayed Smith. Turps running game on last night's performance is sadly lacking. What's happened?

Seggy's running game is exactly what we needed
For mine Hodgson is the best hooker in the game. I don't know if Turps can copy him as I don't really think he's talented enough but I hope I'm wrong and he improves a heap. I really don't see Turpin having a future long term and hope we have someone more exciting on the horizon. It's about time we produced a first class 9 or bought one.

Reed Mahoney and Jake Friend are off contract...

Last edited:
For mine Hodgson is the best hooker in the game. I don't know if Turps can copy him as I don't really think he's talented enough but I hope I'm wrong and he improves a heap. I really don't see Turpin having a future long term and hope we have someone more exciting on the horizon. It's about time we produced a first class 9 or bought one.

Technically, so is Harry Grant if the GOAT decides to play on next year.

Is seggy officially sacked?

Technically, so is Harry Grant if the GOAT decides to play on next year.
Great another piece of fruit from the storm to dangle in front of us for the next 10 years

Friend sucks

We didn't get around to resigning him from memory...he was looking at other deals at the time.
What a loss he was I think. Imagine our team with seggy , teo and even perese as the bench utility (who I believe was going to have a breakout year with his tackle busting, even more so with the current pace with the new rules). Add in TPJ, fifita, and Glenn and lodge back to full health and it would undoubtedly be the most talented roster in the NRL I believe. Although not amazing players individually, that loss of the little bits quality in depth exposes us to injuries and suspensions. Teo would be a class signing, and losing macca was the right move due to money and him taking up a spot in the 17 (I believe dropping him would have sent the wrong message to young guys as he always put in on and off the field and is very well liked) but a depth dummy half would be nice too

Friend is basically a slightly upgraded version of Macca ... NO THANKS

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.