Round 3 - Broncos vs. Roosters - Post Match Discussion

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
See I think it's a cop out saying the boys didn't try, they did try, they tried their guts out to the very last minute. They defending well.

The problem isn't the effort, it's that we're simply shit in attack and have no structure.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
See I think it's a cop out saying the boys didn't try, they did try, they tried their guts out to the very last minute. They defending well.

The problem isn't the effort, it's that we're simply **** in attack and have no structure.

Agree with that. They tried their guts out but they are just crap unfortunately.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

The problem isn't the effort, it's that we're simply **** in attack and have no structure.

This. We don't lack heart. We don't lack effort. We lack brains. The players are dumb. Or the plan is dumb (more so).

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Which is more disheartening than just not trying! At least in the past when we play like shit we had hope that if we turned up to play we could beat anyone, now it feels like we're giving it everything and can barely score a try. I'd hate to think how bad the score would be if we actually didn't put in a proper effort.

I am so pessimistic about this season, it just feels like we just don't have the playing group or coach to win it. It's a shit feeling. This is why I'm very much pro-Dugan, we need attacking players who can threaten the line, Hodges and Hoffman are the only players who look threatening.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Probably one of the shortest press conferences I've seen.

Hook basically said that it was a slug-fest, both sides aimed up on each other defensively and there was very little give. Disappointing not to score with so many opportunities but it was just that type of game.

Sam didn't have any complaints with the Maloney try. Reckons if Dodds stayed square, Maloney would have been covered.

That was it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Probably one of the shortest press conferences I've seen.

Hook basically said that it was a slug-fest, both sides aimed up on each other defensively and there was very little give. Disappointing not to score with so many opportunities but it was just that type of game.

Sam didn't have any complaints with the Maloney try. Reckons if Dodds stayed square, Maloney would have been covered.

That was it.

I don't see the point in press conferences. Players and coaches don't say anything meaningful.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Just that type of game... BS. It's very much the build up of shit coaching and terrible recruitment.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Apparently the Broncos shut the door to the dressing rooms on the Sydney media.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
we need attacking players who can threaten the line, Hodges and Hoffman are the only players who look threatening.

I think you're over looking Norman. Prince catches that pass from him and we score. Could have been a completely different ball game.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't think Norman is that player, he has good footwork but still doesn't seem to be very threatening. He seems to be very Hayne-ish in the back, always in slow motion, never seems like he's giving it 100%. No wonder Parra want him, they might even have him as vice captain.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Exactly right Coxy.

All about feeding the chooks really.

Mind you, I understand where Hook is coming from. When you're forced to play backrows in the backline because the depth isn't where it should be it's always going to be a grind-a-thon.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We have absolutely no line breaking ability. We have no flare. We can't give the killer blow when we really should. It's pathetic at the moment.

Melbourne are going to absolutely ruin us next week.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Exactly right Coxy.

All about feeding the chooks really.

Mind you, I understand where Hook is coming from. When you're forced to play backrows in the backline because the depth isn't where it should be it's always going to be a grind-a-thon.
Yes but as coach Griffin is hugely responsible for the player recruitment/retention. Hasler, Bellamy, they choose their players and the club signs them.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They've also been a lot more fortunate than Hook has.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
How so? Injury wise? In reality we're only really missing two wingers in Copley and Yowie.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yet how much money is tied up on Yow Yeh alone? He was a Kangaroo and Queensland player and possibly a main-stay.

With Hodges out, I reckon that's at least 800K on the sideline.

Factor in Copley's injury, Kahu dealing with two ACL tears, Whitchurch's spinal injury and the sad fate of Berwick and it all adds up.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I guess you have a point but Yowie is a winger, wingers are one of less important positions in a team. Our 1,6,7,9 are all average at their very best yet it seems Griffin is content with those players.

That being said Yowie would be great if he returned to form, he had an excellent combination with Hodges and provided a real attacking threat. Such a shame that he had that injury.

Does anyone know what his progress is like? Are we likely to see him within the next two months? If he returns to form and we had a team like this...

1. Dugan
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Hoffman
5. Maranta/Kemp

We could be a real threat in attack.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The problem, once again, is that our spine are complete nuffies. It has become apparent that we can't do anything in attack without Hodges.

McCullough is the most disappointing. He's got the goods in so many areas, but his service is by far the slowest in the NRL. Hunt is worthless off the bench, so bring in Granville or Baptiste onto it FFS.

When Wallace and Norman were the two best performers in your spine, you know there's something really really wrong.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.