Round 3 - Broncos vs. Roosters - Post Match Discussion

The Broncos were lucky to score 0. End of thread.

PS: peter Wallace can go EAD and DIAF

The support play is just atrocious, it's non-existent. Nobody and I mean nobody supports the ball, its just one out runs while the rest of them stand 10m behind watching. What do they expect to happen? If the ball runner gets his hands free for an offload or breaks a tackle there is no one there to capitalise on it. Not only that, it makes the job of the defense easy because they don't have to worry about the outside men because they're 10m behind the play. It's the same when the halves get the ball, there are no runners to pass to because they're all standing flat in a line, even in front of the ball, forcing the halves to hit it up or kick it. No work has been done on their attack in the offseason and without a lockyer hooks philosophy of 'once the defense is right the attack will come' is not going to just happen. They seemingly don't even have a single set play to fall back on and runners don't know where to be and it's not there because its obviously not being taught or practised.

Last edited:
Negatives:

The worst attack I have ever seen
The fact we had 60% possession and couldn't put a point on
Slow, slow slow f***ing slow. The only person in the team with any speed is maranta and it has been so long since he has seen the football the poor bastard couldn't pick one out in a line up
Norman

Positives
The game is over
This is the longest period of time before I have to watch that s*** again
We can't get worse (hopefully)
If/when we get the spoon management will have to open their f***ing eyes

I'm not even mad.

As soon as Maloney nailed that conversion, I knew it was game over and just sat back as if I was watching the Benny Hill show. Highly recommended, you and your doctor's will thank me later.

Offensively, we were just dire. The forwards ran hard, Macca poked his head around a few times and Wallace did well to earn us a few repeat sets but as a team it was like they barely knew one another and had to telegraph everything for passes to stick. Prince still isn't settled, while he was at fault for a lot of problems, I thought at times players like Thaiday just kept getting in his way or weren't even there for him to accept a pass which killed whatever momentum we could have create.

Defensively...look, I'm happy the boys are gutsing it out. They're putting forward an effort and so I'm going to watch them until the end even if I know we're going to lose and I'm going to be cranky. That's fair enough. However, the boys are letting themselves down with one weak effort every set of six. I lost times we'd have the Roosters on the back foot on tackle 2 or 3 before one of their tall rangy fellas would grab the ball, spin and suddenly they're in our half making some noise. We can't be so defence orientated and be so ill disciplined.

Right now, we really are a fringe 8 side. I don't think we're condemned to that position, but Hook has problems he has to deal with. I'm willing to give him a season to work those out, but if he just tries to sweat it out and do nothing and hope we can pull a Bradbury than maybe he isn't fit enough to be the first grade coach for the Broncos.

60% possession, tackled 44 times in the opp. 20, Roosters made 110 more tackles but made 6 less missed tackles, Broncos made 0 linebreaks. Princey tried his best to create things but he is running on old legs, P Wallace, I am sorry but he has to go, will finish near the bottom if he continues to be our regular halfback (which he will). Storm, Titans, Cowboys in the next 3 weeks, could be awhile before the Broncos score another try. There are some guys who r trying their guts out but are surrounded by others who shouldn't be in first grade, going to be a sorry season. Is Doogs here yet????

33jh250.jpg

We defended well. We were ahead in every key stat - except line breaks and points on the board

We have no idea what to do with the ball.

That was bad. It is at the point where it is easier to say who stays, rather than who goes. But Reed.....really?

I dont know, ill watch it again, but FFS something needs to change.

Buying Prince did not fix the structure or the power within the playing group.

There is obviously something wrong with communication and leadership under pressure , and just straight forward lack of creativity. Remember a few years ago , all the one out sh*t.

Discuss for sure, but in this instance, the stats embarrass us. All that possession.

It was obvious the players who went forward. there was obviously huge periods when we were shit. Dear Hook, I will lend you my calculator if you like.

Perhaps Hodgo could have change things, likely. But why the FFS aren't the others participating...

Depth .......we need depth.

This flat attack hasn't been working for f*cken ages......we simply have to start doing things differently.

**** Hook, his players play like he coaches, slow and boring! Seriously get a clue and mix it up FFS.

Wallace Reed Mcfuckollough all need to piss off to QCup or play left right out. Time to blood some fringe players and tell them perform and your in. Kemp Bond Kahu Slyney Berryman just to name a few.

Shit go with Prince and hunt in the half's, cant do any worse.

Hodges a full back, that be sweet too.

I know its round 3 but signs don't look good.

Predictions for this week:

Broncos to announce they have no need for Dugan as they already have a complete side capable of winning the premiership

Griffin to say we have plenty to be proud of after that performance

Griffins contract to be further extended until 2030 to dispell rumours of a Bennett return

Broncos triumphantly announce the re-signing of Norman on a million dollar contract. It will be hailed as the greatest signing since Lockyer and stories of how boy wonder will lead us to multiple premierships abound (it will later be revealed that parra withdrew their offer after Ricky finally came down after a month long acid trip)

They need structure, the play has to be broken down to each player doing a job, bodies in motion, one mind and it has to be drilled into them. Thats how you get consistency, ATM it looks like lazy coaching that places to much pressure on halves that are simply not capable.

was I really watching the brisbane broncos tonight ? what has happened to our once courageous and all mighty team ? our legends of the past would be ashamed of this side. No Guts, No Spirit. if these so called stars who should think themselves privileged to even be wearing our great colours don't want to step up then management needs to find some who do..... this current crop are well overpaid to give us that sort of crap. Justin Hodges is the only player to stand tall. without him we have nothing. tonight certainly showed us that while it also showed once again that Peter Wallace is not a playmakers asshole. He has been shown up since the departure of the great Locky.

**** Hook, his players play like he coaches, slow and boring! Seriously get a clue and mix it up FFS.

Wallace Reed Mcfuckollough all need to **** off to QCup or play left right out. Time to blood some fringe players and tell them perform and your in. Kemp Bond Kahu Slyney Berryman just to name a few.

**** go with Prince and hunt in the half's, cant do any worse.

Hodges a full back, that be sweet too.

I know its round 3 but signs don't look good.

Did Elia hack your account bro?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.