Round 3 - Broncos vs Roosters - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
mccolough being trampled wasn't his fault he was left to do a 1v1 tackle on pritchard on the try line flat footed. i think it could work but i'd like to explore another possibility. granville in for maranta. hoffman switching to wing and macca to 6/7. this way we would get a real role on in the middle as dummy half running won't upset the momentum. the other plus side is an extra play maker in the spine and one of the best finishers on the wing.

hannant out really sucks. honestly i think our strongest team now means lowrie getting big minutes with parker unfortunately having to play exclusively in the front row for this game only. thaiday may get a few minutes too. obviously the bench forwards get used but probably no more than 20 minutes apiece or it would hurt us. would love to have dodds or oates now.

20 mins a piece would be more mins that the bench was used for in rnd 1. more mins than kennedy played in rnd 1.

Have you ever met Lewis06?

He purported to be a Broncos fan for years, yet only ever spoke negative of them. The team, the management, hell, he even bagged the fans for having faint glimmers of hope. Even bagged the good old days because we had too many things in our favour. It got to the point where we couldn't even ascertain if there was any period of the Broncos history that he actually felt positive towards them. Eventually he just became a running joke because everyone knew of his agenda and therefore discounted 99% of what he said. It was sad because he actually had decent knowledge of Rugby League. Oh well, thought I'd ask, carry on.

Never heard of him.

I have attended two fog bowls in Toowoomba, an ice fest in Orange, countless Sydney matches, Melb, Perth, Auckland, Mackay, Rocky, Robina, Townsville, Cudgen etc. I have every sort of Bronco memorabilia imaginable, I have served on junior commitees where I invited Bronco players down to the club for sign on days, trophy days or general training sessions. I have met dozens of present and former players. What have you done? You couldn't even be motivated to get your ass up to Redcliffe.

I apologize if I don't subscribe to your world of autograph hunting, cheerleading and chocolate before bed but I am a straight shooter in all aspects of my life, you should respect that as I respect your contributions. Obviously that doesn't sit well with you and your Logan mates but that is a positive thing for me as it means I am heading in the right direction.

I will dish out plenty of praise for the boys when the organisation eventually get their shit together but for now the criticism will continue as will your dreams of pixie sticks, Santy Claus and brill cream vending machines. You have no right in questioning any poster's desire as we are all different characters. A grown man in his mid 40's should not be worrying about such petty things.:takdir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to topic please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of him.

I have attended two fog bowls in Toowoomba, an ice fest in Orange, countless Sydney matches, Melb, Perth, Auckland, Mackay, Rocky, Robina, Townsville, Cudgen etc. I have every sort of Bronco memorabilia imaginable, I have served on junior commitees where I invited Bronco players down to the club for sign on days, trophy days or general training sessions. I have met dozens of present and former players. What have you done? You couldn't even be motivated to get your ass up to Redcliffe.

I apologize if I don't subscribe to your world of autograph hunting, cheerleading and chocolate before bed but I am a straight shooter in all aspects of my life, you should respect that as I respect your contributions. Obviously that doesn't sit well with you and your Logan mates but that is a positive thing for me as it means I am heading in the right direction.

I will dish out plenty of praise for the boys when the organisation eventually get their shit together but for now the criticism will continue as will your dreams of pixie sticks, Santy Claus and brill cream vending machines. You have no right in questioning any poster's desire as we are all different characters. A grown man in his mid 40's should not be worrying about such petty things.:takdir:

Great. Now we're getting somewhere. You obviously have passion for the game and the Broncos as a club. So why does the majority of your contribution have to be negative mutterings of displeasure? I mean, I get it, you're not happy with how the club is going, but what's your end game in terms of posting your negativity? Are you trying to sway people over to your point of view? Or do you just enjoy telling people that they're wrong for having faith in their club? You can post what you like, it's a forum after all, but I just don't understand that if you feel so awful about the club, why don't you take it up with the club instead of with the fans. For example, I had a quick look at your most recent posts. On the first page, this is the only one that has an ounce of positivity:

Another scrappy win but I will take scrappy every day of the week if it means two points. There are some good signs though especially defensively. I don't see anyone bagging Steve Kearney such is the fickleness of this forum. Add a halfback, coach and a couple decent props and we have a contender. At the moment, it is just a team who might scrape into the playoffs but only if Barba's dodgy ankle holds up.

Great post, there are some good points in there. In contrast:

Having Hook coach a NRL side (let alone the Broncos) doesn't make sense, full stop. 20 yrs from now, we will look back at this period and still suffer with intense vomiting and severe flashbacks.

McGuire is no loss anyways, in fact, we are probably better off without him. All he does is give away silly penalties and gets trampled by the bigger forwards. People keep talking him up as a future Origin rep, if that is the case, then Qld have had a fall from grace.

My scenario is much more likely than yours, Hook won't be there next year, don't let two scrappy wins cloud your judgement.

Why would Hook take note? Do u seriously think he will be anywhere near the place next year? Pretty sure Benny and Kevie took note as it will be more applicable for them.

And then Hook would say to him "We don't need you, we already have Ben Hunt!!!!" Sorry to **** up your fantasy.:takdir:

I'm sure you can see the recurring theme there. Take the opinions of other posters, shit on them with smarmy remarks, then slink away. Like I asked, what's the point?

As to my 'power', I'm sorry, you misunderstood my position here. I'm an admin. I have no power. The Mods are the ones that deal with the members, my job is to help run the site itself. With my limited knowledge of websites, that limits me to essentially attempting to make things look pretty. Perhaps you'd like to take exception to that too. Maybe my design style should be a bit more bleak to reflect the steady decline that the Broncos are facing.

With Hannant out, this would surely mean that Thaiday will be in the front row.

Unless he can just do what everyone wants and promote Molo or Ofahengaue.

8. Kennedy
9. McCullough
10. Parker

14. Hala
15. Ofahengaue/Molo
16. Wallace
17. Lowrie

8. Kennedy
9. McCullough
10. Parker

14. Hala
15. Ofahengaue/Molo
16. Wallace
17. Lowrie

Would like to see one of the young guys like Molo get a go, if not Granville. May be a little loose defensively, but you have to blood then sometime. I'd rather earlier than later, and as we're rank outsiders here, I'd say it's worth taking our chances.

You can argue about where we'd fit a utility player like Granville , but ultimately we could be running with a one man bench of Kennedy, and three bench warmers....

At the very least it's injury cover.

Regarding Hannant's injury and talk of his defection to Titans etc: I'd like to hang onto him, provided it doesn't break the bank. Despite his injuries interrupting his performances, his experience is invaluable. He also seems to be the catalyst for effective ball play between the forwards.

Last edited:
I'm taking my mum to the game. She's a Roosters fan and I'll never live it down if we don't win. Kennedy is moving into the starting lineup and Oates is returning on the bench apparently.

8. Kennedy
9. McCullough
10. Parker

14. Hala
15. Ofahengaue/Molo
16. Wallace
17. Lowrie
Oates.

How do you boys think Oates will go in the backrow? If griffin puts him on that is. I know he was strong out wide but I dunno how hes going to go closer to the middle with these big roosters forwards. Such a gun player though

Hook confirmed that he's back on the bench.

[TWEET]446434790473236480[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Hook confirmed that he's back on the bench.

So much for him being another couple of weeks away...

Something tells me they're rushing him back. I really hope that's not the case. There is no need for another desperation call..

Going to be a big test for Dan. He's been good for us these past couple of weeks, finishing off tries and making some important yardage but as Dragons & Raiders fans can attest to, he's always due a shocker or too...I just hope he's got it right up here in Red Hill.

I'm not expecting big things from Oates. I suspect he'll make a cameo appearance if that. Still, would rather him than a Jon Green.

I've got a feeling they're bring Oates back prematurely tbh, let's hope he has some good minutes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.