Round 3 - Broncos vs Roosters - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does someone go from being 4-6 weeks away a few days ago to fit enough to play that week?

I don't know why Griffin just doesn't use someone that is 100% fit, even if he is a rookie.

I can't see what impact Oates is going to have when he wasn't supposed to be back for another month at the earliest. Wouldn't this increase his risk of being out for even longer? I hope I am wrong and I am just being over dramatic. But this reeks of desperation and no faith in the other young guys whatsoever.

The Roosters forward pack are laughing...

Last edited:
full training for a month. im pretty sure hell be alright.

“Corey was pretty close to playing last week but we gave him another week and he’s been doing full training now for a month.

“He is ready for a game so we will bring him off the bench.
“He gives us a bit of versatility there, he can play in the backs or forwards so he covers a lot of spots there for us.
“He will get some time, I just don’t know where at the moment.
“It’s footy, you would rather have McGuire and Hannant there but they won’t be.
“It’s a good challenge for Kennedy to start and the other two guys coming off the bench.”

full training for a month. im pretty sure hell be alright.

“Corey was pretty close to playing last week but we gave him another week and he’s been doing full training now for a month.

“He is ready for a game so we will bring him off the bench.
“He gives us a bit of versatility there, he can play in the backs or forwards so he covers a lot of spots there for us.
“He will get some time, I just don’t know where at the moment.
“It’s footy, you would rather have McGuire and Hannant there but they won’t be.
“It’s a good challenge for Kennedy to start and the other two guys coming off the bench.”

Is that from the medical staff, or Griffin?

We'll find out tomorrow night I suppose.

I just don't see how the medical staff can say 1 month at the earliest, then a few days later he is ready. That's all.

I'm not sure what all this hub-bub is about.

The club never came out and said that Oates was still weeks away from playing - that was a rumour that was spread around social media and from the club's injury page which isn't exactly the most reliable source.

Obviously the selection isn't ideal but was brought about due to the absence of two key players.

What were the alternatives?

Two rookies still developing their games? Or a journey man prop that was a fringe first grade player at best.

Which medical staff said it and to who? I'm over the moon to have him back!!

people getting worried about nothing.

Great to see Oates back in the team. Apparently he was close last week. Would be great to see him cement a bench spot, he could be a huge impact player for us this year. I would like to see Wallace go when Hannant is fit to add a little bit more versatility to the bench. Somehow I don't see Stagg being used for much more than an origin filler, I don't see this as a negative with the likes of Gillo, Glenn, Lowrie and Oates all able to play multiple positions.

You guys can't be serious.

Do you honestly think a player comes back from two operations without clearance?
Did the information about weeks away come from Peter Hackney? Or some nuffy with a smart phone?

Get off twitter please.

How does someone go from being 4-6 weeks away a few days ago to fit enough to play that week?

I don't know why Griffin just doesn't use someone that is 100% fit, even if he is a rookie.

I can't see what impact Oates is going to have when he wasn't supposed to be back for another month at the earliest. Wouldn't this increase his risk of being out for even longer? I hope I am wrong and I am just being over dramatic. But this reeks of desperation and no faith in the other young guys whatsoever.

The Roosters forward pack are laughing...

Wallace could have had a broken leg and played the last two matches:laugh:

You guys can't be serious.

Do you honestly think a player comes back from two operations without clearance?
Did the information about weeks away come from Peter Hackney? Or some nuffy with a smart phone?

Get off twitter please.

It came from the Broncos social media.

When I followed it up further, I got an email saying the medical staff gave him another 4 weeks at least.

They were lying then or just kept out of the loop?

The info came straight from the Broncos. Not some idiot with a phone making up random shit.

Last edited:
It came from the Broncos social media.

When I followed it up further, I got an email saying the medical staff gave him another 4 weeks at least.

They were lying then or just kept out of the loop?

The info came straight from the Broncos. Not some idiot with a phone making up random ****.

Geez, get over it. Your info wasn't correct and that's that.

Anyway, I hope he has been able work on his tackling & his strength more.

Too many times last season players managed to get the better of him in a tackle. He didn't miss many, but the Roosters forwards are definitely better at shrugging off defenders.

I'm hoping he doesn't get used in the middle at all. I want them to use him on the edges. Put him up against SKD.

Love the promise of Oates in the future, and don't get me wrong.

As a second rower filling in on the wing "havin' a laf" he did really well. Rookie of the year well. He even had some blockbusting runs and tries. He can hit an edge ball that's for sure.

Yet to see how he will perform in the second row at NRL level.

And pity we have Thaiday, Glenn and Gillett ahead of him.

And at the moment, I have to say Lachy Maranta has had an absolute blinder of a start to the season, he was close to man of the match last week.

I wouldn't say he had a blinder. He had a few good runs! I am watching a replay of the game now and he has had 1 touch in the first 25 for about a 2 metre gain.

everyone relax he's coming off the bench and will probably have a 20-25 min stint around the edge of hte ruck

Don't care how he's used, just over the moon he's back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • Dee
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.