Round 3 - Broncos vs Roosters - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling the roosters will beat us by 30+ tonight.

I'm so keen for this game. Roosters fans are a lot more quiet than usual on social media. They're obviously a bit worried.

The cruel mistress of fortune. I would have rated us much more highly with Hannant and McGuire.

Kennedy must fire up. If he can't for this game, there's no hope for him. He's been disappointing in the last two weeks.

Jennings on Copley will be an interesting battle - massive litmus test for Dale.

HEART: Broncos put in another terrific defensive display for each other, Barba MOTM in break out performance, Broncos 20-12.

HEAD: The loss of Hannant and McGuire will be too much, Roosters 30-6. Broncos back to drawing board. The bell tolls for thee Griffin.

Or he could ride the pine pony for the full 80. Or he could cover an injury in the backs. Or he could push Vidot/Reed into the forwards for a brief stint. Or he could come on and we'll have no idea what position he is playing. Your guess is as good as mine.

Good post, Art. It's a good selection. He can cover a lot of positions in the forwards and backline. That's what we need from our bench.

Snaffled up free tickets through work for myself and the lady. Score!

Definitely up against it tonight, and I'm not tipping us. Still think the boys will acquit themselves well.

Giddy up!

I desparately hope Hook and Hunt keep running Thaiday at Maloney and Pearce all night ala State of Origin, ala the epic pounding JT got last week.

Good post, Art. It's a good selection. He can cover a lot of positions in the forwards and backline. That's what we need from our bench.
Yeah I think he was always in Hook's plans as our bench utility. Ideally we'd have a utility that could provide some cover to the halves/hooker as well, but the gulf between the best type of utility player for our bench and the best quality utility player for our bench is probably too vast (short version: Oates>>>>Granville).

I desparately hope Hook and Hunt keep running Thaiday at Maloney and Pearce all night ala State of Origin, ala the epic pounding JT got last week.

Thurston did well putting up with Thaiday. Pearce knows it's coming but I don't know how he will deal with it.

I know this will come across as negative to some but I'll be happy if we can keep them under 20 and we can score a try. I've been impressed with our attitude during the first two weeks but we're still a fair way off the really good teams IMO. This will provide the answer as to how far.

Sometimes I wish we were like the Dragons or Eels fans when we were winning. They win 2 games straight against crappy teams and their fans think they're basically confirmed to win the premiership. I know we're a long way off winning the premiership (Despite what some people have interpreted some things I've said) but the best thing about the NRL, and what makes it the best competition on Earth is the fact that any team can beat any team on any given day.

in realistic terms i think maguire and hannant out will ultimately cost us as we'll tire and succumb to the pressure, in a close game, 18/20/22 -10 or something to that effect. i dont see a blowout

now with my broncos optimism on and knowing the team will be pumped up after jharals tribute, i honestly think we CAN win. simple footy. limit errors. no silly penalties. frustrate them. and ride the crowd home in the last 20 mins

in realistic terms i think maguire and hannant out will ultimately cost us as we'll tire and succumb to the pressure, in a close game, 18/20/22 -10 or something to that effect. i dont see a blowout

now with my broncos optimism on and knowing the team will be pumped up after jharals tribute, i honestly think we CAN win. simple footy. limit errors. no silly penalties. frustrate them. and ride the crowd home in the last 20 mins

Inclined to agree with you as to the likely result.

Would love to see the second scenario come to fruition however! Hopefully the crowd gives it to them and we can squeeze out some crucial penalties of the back of that.

Don't forget your rally towels, peeps!

Keys tonight

1. Go forward before we go wide.

2. Run the backrow at Pearce and Maloney (Maloney can't defend for shit).

3. Keep turning their pack around with Barba and McCullough kicking on early tackles. When you have the ball, run angles, keep changing the point of attack (pass from one side of ruck to the other behind the play of the ball, you might catch a lazy A defender by using Barba on an out and in ball).

4. Roosters give away a lot of penalties, use the quick tap.

5. Play on Jennings side, he can't tackle and he makes a lot of bad defensive decisions.

6. Defend. Defend. Defend.

You saw what Souths did. If the Roosters don't get on a roll then they tend to give up.

That's my take on it.

I've got a good feeling about tonights game, if we show the same enthusiasm and desperation from the first 2 weeks i honestly think we can frustrate the Roosters enough to keep the scoreline low then its just up to our play makers to find 2 or 3 try's.

As obvious as it is, our kicking game needs to improve for us to be in the contest. If we continue to have poor last tackle outcomes we don't deserve to win but i'm hopeful that would have been worked on through the week.

If we win i think it will be an ugly win, but glorious none the less.

I don't see us winning but I don't see us getting flogged either, maybe 18-14 or something like that.

Prove me wrong lads.

At least I'll get to actually watch this game.

I've got a good feeling about tonights game, if we show the same enthusiasm and desperation from the first 2 weeks i honestly think we can frustrate the Roosters enough to keep the scoreline low then its just up to our play makers to find 2 or 3 try's.

As obvious as it is, our kicking game needs to improve for us to be in the contest. If we continue to have poor last tackle outcomes we don't deserve to win but i'm hopeful that would have been worked on through the week.

If we win i think it will be an ugly win, but glorious none the less.

I agree. I sense they are a team that gets frustrated easily.

Ps remember, Parra should have gone in 10 - 16 at the half last week but the winger with the unpronouncable name got a bad pass and he dropped it. Otherwise, he'd have been under the posts.

What I expect to happen tonight is we get found out a bit, under strength in the front row isn't what we need against a big fast side like the chooks especially with such an ordinary kicking game.

What I hope happens is, no matter what, we stick to the brand of footy we have played and Hook is forced out of necessity to use his bench properly and gains some confidence in his bench for the rest of the year. As long as we stick at what we have been doing and build on that I will be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.