Round 3 - Broncos vs Roosters - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see Corey Oates back.

Big League credited Jarrod Wallace with 2 games even though he didn't even get on. Going by their logic let's credit Aaron Raper with an Origin appearance.

You guys can't be serious.

Do you honestly think a player comes back from two operations without clearance?
Did the information about weeks away come from Peter Hackney? Or some nuffy with a smart phone?

Get off twitter please.

Why are you upset? The information came from the administrator of the Brisbane Broncos official Facebook page, most would think he was a pretty reliable source, would they not?

I hope Hala is ready to rip and tear, and i hope Hook gives him a fair bit of gametime.

We really need bigger bodies firing against the Roosters.

Why are you upset? The information came from the administrator of the Brisbane Broncos official Facebook page, most would think he was a pretty reliable source, would they not?

None of us are in a position to say if Oates is being brought back too early. Griffin and co gets to watch him train every day and we don't. And it is common sense that he would have to pass medical tests. So why should Griffin cop criticism for it?

Our forward pack (sans McCullough and Oates) is 15kg heavier than the Roosters (minus Friend and Mortimer), though admittedly 15cm shorter. Maybe a useless stat but it seems like the opposition pack size gets blown out of proportion every week.

Our forward pack (sans McCullough and Oates) is 15kg heavier than the Roosters (minus Friend and Mortimer), though admittedly 15cm shorter. Maybe a useless stat but it seems like the opposition pack size gets blown out of proportion every week.

Maybe then it's that they appear to have so much more enthusiasm with the ball in hand ?

Whatever it is, they seem to cart the ball into the line like kamikazis !!

Maybe then it's that they appear to have so much more enthusiasm with the ball in hand ?

Whatever it is, they seem to cart the ball into the line like kamikazis !!
They have threats all across the park - ball players, hole runners, evasive guys, fast guys, big guys etc. If you focus too much on one of them you get torn apart by the others. They're probably the most well-rounded team in the NRL by a fair margin.

Comparing forwards size generally is pretty useless IMO. Kennedy is what, like 20 kilos heavier than Watmough, but it's not making him better at making metres through the middle than Watmough.

Roosters forwards just have that extra aggression and leg drive, plus the variety in their pack.

Comparing forwards size generally is pretty useless IMO. Kennedy is what, like 20 kilos heavier than Watmough, but it's not making him better at making metres through the middle than Watmough.

Roosters forwards just have that extra aggression and leg drive, plus the variety in their pack.
Oh I know. I'm just sick of hearing about how our tiny forwards are going to get rag-dolled every week by the other team's monster pack when most packs in the comp are of a comparable size and speed is just as important as sheer size in making an impact.

Wait wait wait, Am I right in assuming Oates is going to be playing in the front row? Wut?

Wait wait wait, Am I right in assuming Oates is going to be playing in the front row? Wut?
Are you basing that just on the fact that he's replacing Hannant or was there some other news about this? We still have 2 props on the bench without him and Parker plays big minutes.

160 prop minutes to go around could see a breakdown like: Parker 70 (probably no switching to lock tomorrow) Kennedy 40 Wallace 30 Hala 20 with Lowrie and Oates to take minutes off Gillett and Thaiday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thaiday spend some time at prop too, to give less minutes to Hala/Wallace.

Are you basing that just on the fact that he's replacing Hannant or was there some other news about this? We still have 2 props on the bench without him and Parker plays big minutes.

160 prop minutes to go around could see a breakdown like: Parker 70 (probably no switching to lock tomorrow) Kennedy 40 Wallace 30 Hala 20 with Lowrie and Oates to take minutes off Gillett and Thaiday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thaiday spend some time at prop too, to give less minutes to Hala/Wallace.

Oh wow so Oates will finally get his chance to play Backrow in first grade? Fucking finally.

Oh wow so Oates will finally get his chance to play Backrow in first grade? Fucking finally.
Or he could ride the pine pony for the full 80. Or he could cover an injury in the backs. Or he could push Vidot/Reed into the forwards for a brief stint. Or he could come on and we'll have no idea what position he is playing. Your guess is as good as mine.

EDIT: Inappropriate content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game day :takdir:

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt going to go tonight to save some cash but scored some freebies yiew beauty. will no doubt just spend the money i would of saved on a ticket on drinks now, but whatever :)

i reckon the team is going to be pumped up tonight.

glenn and parkers comments on Sterlo show last night said how much the team got out of the support last week and how much doing the lap after the game meant so much to them.

jordan kahu@JordanKahu 3m
Tonights games going to be off the chain!!!!!

Can't wait. I love a Broncos game! Really hope we win, it'll be huge and silence a lot of critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • cento
  • broncsgoat
  • Canga
  • Skyblues87
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.