Status
Not open for further replies.
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Just win ffs... and do it for Jharal!

Hopefully the emotional charge will just give the boys that extra 1% to send Jharal out with a bang!

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Hope they honour Jharal at one of the home games. This one would be nice

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, announced on the Broncos FB page:

1958235_10152274083009631_783911438_n.jpg

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
They will get less than 20 minutes at him unless they want him to jump out of the dugout

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't understand why everyone has given up on us winning this game? They smashed the Eels (Whoopdeedoo) but played like crap the week before. Same game last year when the Roosters had a better team we only lost 8-0. We have more than 8 points in us and our defense has been great. I know I'm seen as overly positive on here but I disagree that we don't have a chance against the Roosters.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I think we have a chance, traditionally these two have put on extremely close games even one team was not as strong as the other.
I reckon this game will be brutal in the middle

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Look for a real attacking centre? I'm PM'ing Hodges & Copley on this reply, they're going to be pretty dismayed.

If Hodges comes back fit and sound that would be great. He is the real deal. But he has got to have a big question mark on him . We just can not bank on him this year. Copely is a potential attacking centre , but he is still a work in progress and I think he is more suited to the wing anyway. Reed is a real trier but fair dinkum what are the chnaces of him making a break. We need aother big fast centre right now even if hes on the bench. Whats out there in Qld cup?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I was expecting a blowout by the Roosters.

However, with this being Yow Yeh's fairwell, I think the game would be very close.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I remember when beating the Roosters was pretty much a sure thing for a whole bunch of years not that long ago.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I really rate us a good chance. Lately games between us and the Chooks have been close, and we're winning the close games right now relying on our defence. Add to that the JYY factor and I can't wait to be there Friday night.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I don't understand why everyone has given up on us winning this game? They smashed the Eels (Whoopdeedoo) but played like crap the week before. Same game last year when the Roosters had a better team we only lost 8-0. We have more than 8 points in us and our defense has been great. I know I'm seen as overly positive on here but I disagree that we don't have a chance against the Roosters.

Actually I agree with you mate.

I think if we keep turning up for each other, we can achieve anything.

I think Kahu is due back in rd 4 and Hodges isn't far away (rd 6 I think). Imagine how great it would be to get Hodges back with a 5 - 1 record or something like that?

If 30 points is the bottom of the 8, then if you have won 5 of 6 (10 points) plus add to the 2 byes (4 points), you only need 16 more points to make it. That means winning 8 out of 18 games from there.... very doable.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
If Hodges comes back fit and sound that would be great. He is the real deal. But he has got to have a big question mark on him . We just can not bank on him this year. Copely is a potential attacking centre , but he is still a work in progress and I think he is more suited to the wing anyway. Reed is a real trier but fair dinkum what are the chnaces of him making a break. We need aother big fast centre right now even if hes on the bench. Whats out there in Qld cup?

Copley is a Right Centre, through and through. He'll have to play left when Hodges is back though. Unless, as I will predict now, Griffin will play Hodges at Right Centre with Reed at Left Centre and put Copley on the Right Wing.

Our Centre pairing moving forward, IMO, should be - Copley = Right Centre. Oates = Left Centre.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
mcguire 1 week if he takes early plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.