Round 3 - Broncos vs Roosters - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely worth kicking up a fuss about.

McGuire is no loss anyways, in fact, we are probably better off without him. All he does is give away silly penalties and gets trampled by the bigger forwards. People keep talking him up as a future Origin rep, if that is the case, then Qld have had a fall from grace.

McGuire is no loss anyways, in fact, we are probably better off without him. All he does is give away silly penalties and gets trampled by the bigger forwards. People keep talking him up as a future Origin rep, if that is the case, then Qld have had a fall from grace.

Oh my.

People, please do not respond to this with a dignified answer.

4UiFU.gif

Not sure why people keep naming Oates on the bench, from what I understand he's not even close to returning

According to some of the reports Oates is due to return in Round 3.

I will be very interested to see who McGuire's replacement will be.

Hook has the opportunity to blood somebody off the bench. Going on reports and past selections, those chances appear to be remote but if I was in charge, I reckon now would be as good as time as any to give Molo or Ofahengaue a taste of first grade.

wallace has been on the bench two weeks in a row yet not even seen the field. as if whoever comes in has any chance.

Last edited:
wallace has been on the bench two weeks in a row yet not even seen the field. as if whoever comes in has any chance.

Griffin doesn't have another big minute prop to replace McGuire.

If Macca plays 80, Griffin will have to split McGuire's minutes between 2 B squad props - Wallace for mine and Hala is next in the pecking order.

Kennedy really needs to step up against his club mates.

BUT FFS Hook, why give Wallace a jumper but no minutes?

I just asked the admin on the Brisbane Broncos Facebook page about Corey Oates, he said he was still 4-6 weeks away, but it was up to the coaching & medical staff.

The only way I want Hala in the side is if his job is to just smash the **** out of JWH every chance he gets. Rattle him and get under his skin. JWH is notorious for giving away penalties.

Last edited:
Team List:

1. Ben Barba
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
18. Lachlan Maranta
6. Josh Hoffman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Corey Parker (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

Interchange
14. David Hala
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Jarrod Wallace

well it will be interesting to see how the minutes are distributed on the bench. i hope for some decent rotation...

Hala... yuck. Oh well good luck to him. Hopefully Wallace gets some game time this week. I thought he went well for Norths on Sunday.

Hopefully Hannant will take McGuire's minutes, Kennedy will take Hannant's, and Kennedy's minutes will get shared between Hala and Wallace. What I hope doesn't happen is Parker spends more time at prop and the extra backrow minutes instead go to Lowrie with Wallace given a 6 minute stint where he doesn't actually touch the ball and Hala gets to warm-up on the sideline if he's really well behaved.

Roosters side unchanged from last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.