Round 3 Discussion

Hoping the cows win only to stop the Tits claiming to be the top “QLD” team.

I think you are wrong mate. If you get 2 or 3 players fail a HIA as we have seen this weekend in some games its a perfectly fair thing to have. I'm not actually sure how you think its going to be rorted tbh. You can only use a HIA when you lose more than one player who fails their test. These tests are done by independant doctors and you dont get to use the 18th man until there is more than one player who fails.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good thing for teams who genuinely cop multiple legit HIA's. I'm just saying it opens itself up to rorting by teams.

Imagine it's the Storm vs the Rabbitohs. The Storm are down by 10 points with 15 to go. An outside back picks up an ankle issue, he can probably play on but will be a liability. You went with 4 forwards on the bench for punch, but your 18th man is a utility back. You're also about to do your last two interchanges with the bench forwards needing to come off the field. Do you:

A) Interchange your last 2 forwards, using the last of your changes, and trust that you can score 2 more tries and not concede any more despite having an outside back on one leg. Or

B) HIA those two forwards, both being free interchanges, and both "failing" almost immediately, allowing you to activate your 18th man, sub him on for your injured player, and still have one interchange in the bank.

Also, you are Craig Bellamy.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good thing for teams who genuinely cop multiple legit HIA's. I'm just saying it opens itself up to rorting by teams.

Imagine it's the Storm vs the Rabbitohs. The Storm are down by 10 points with 15 to go. An outside back picks up an ankle issue, he can probably play on but will be a liability. You went with 4 forwards on the bench for punch, but your 18th man is a utility back. You're also about to do your last two interchanges with the bench forwards needing to come off the field. Do you:

A) Interchange your last 2 forwards, using the last of your changes, and trust that you can score 2 more tries and not concede any more despite having an outside back on one leg. Or

B) HIA those two forwards, both being free interchanges, and both "failing" almost immediately, allowing you to activate your 18th man, sub him on for your injured player, and still have one interchange in the bank.

Also, you are Craig Bellamy.

The easy way to solve that though is by not letting it kick in until the HIA assessment mark of 10 minutes has passed. You will never stop the truly devious from rorting it to a point, but i doubt tactically you could afford to wait 10 mins to make the change in a tight game.

Definitely like the 18th man rule. Craig Bellamy and his ilk are cheats and will cheat no matter what, this offers a bit more protection to players from serious injury, do it.

lol clear tackle in the air... then knocks it on anyway

tackled in the air then dropped the ball

if it's a 1v1 strip how can it not be tackled in the air 🤨 🤨 🤨

Haha unlucky Clifford.. Geez you lot are harsh, wanting consistency within the NRL and all...

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Gympie devil
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Skathen
  • The Don
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.