Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Good balance - should do well provided they realise the Tits will be out to save face after last weeks embarrasing effort.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Well considering Lockyer pretty much said that in the news last night Im sure they are ready for em

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think Titans will surprise us and win. I think they have to. A 0-3 start to the season with the Suns about to start their campaign...it'd be disastrous for rugby league on the Coast, let alone the Titans themselves.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I just can't see what Beale offers to the side anywhere, let alone on the wing. I remember round 1 last year he went on the wing when Winterstein got injured and looked very shaky. I know it's been a while since then but IMO he hasnt shown much at all.

If Gagai was dropped because of injury, I'd have also gone with Copley.

Other than that I really like the look of our side!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I really hope Kemp finds some form and fitness in QLD cup because he is a much better option than the likes of Beale or Copely.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
I just can't see what Beale offers to the side anywhere, let alone on the wing. I remember round 1 last year he went on the wing when Winterstein got injured and looked very shaky. I know it's been a while since then but IMO he hasnt shown much at all.

I agree. In fact, I think the only time Beale has impressed me was when he was playing out of dummy-half for a portion of one game...can't remember which game it was though.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Beale was pretty good under the high ball on debut against Manly. I think Beale is a utility player more suited to a bench role. I think he is 2 years away from being the best he can be.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'll throw my hat in the "WTF has Beale done to deserve selection" ring. I see very little about him that's special. But then I don't notice much about Alex Glenn either.

Solid players, not spectacular.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
I'll throw my hat in the "WTF has Beale done to deserve selection" ring. I see very little about him that's special. But then I don't notice much about Alex Glenn either.

Solid players, not spectacular.

Nah mate, Alex Glenn is awesome. :P

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Good question, he didn't play the house down when he was in QLD cup but he was always first player called in due to injuries. He must be highly rated.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Good question, he didn't play the house down when he was in QLD cup but he was always first player called in due to injuries. He must be highly rated.

Glenn? Don't think he's ever played QCup as he came straight into the Broncos side in 2009 after captaining the under 20's in 2008.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:

Glenn? Don't think he's ever played QCup as he came straight into the Broncos side in 2009 after captaining the under 20's in 2008.

Beale. Glenn played QLD cup for Burleigh in the centres he went ok before the under 20's started.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":5586i5oc]Good question, he didn't play the house down when he was in QLD cup but he was always first player called in due to injuries. He must be highly rated.

Beale. Glenn played QLD cup for Burleigh in the centres he went ok before the under 20's started.[/quote:5586i5oc]

I see. Thought you were talking about Glenn. Carry on, **** the Titans icon_thumbs_u

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BTW, let me make it clear I'm not bagging Beale or Glenn. Definitely solid players. Just perplexed by their favouritism. There never seems to be any questioning of their selections.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I can see that for Glenn, but Beale was the original scape goat of 2010.

He hasn't been THAT bad so fans haven't been bagging him droves but there have been calls for him to be dropped.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
1. William Zillman
2. Esikeli Tonga
3. Steve Michaels
4. Bodene Thompson
5. David Mead
6. Greg Bird
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Riley Brown
10. Matthew White
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison
14. Michael Henderson
15. Sam Tagataese
16. Ryan James
17. Preston Campbell
18. Brad Meyers

------------
Bodene Thompson in the centres? Are they asking to be raped?

Hodges vs. Michaels...this could be fun. icon_smile

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
m1c said:
Reed to left centre, Beale to wing?

Seems much more logical given both players experience in playing those specific positions.

[icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Why on earth do they persist with Bird at 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.