Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I'm at a loss as to Bennett's strategy, to be honest. I don't understand why, if you are going to take penalties, play largely conservative football, and try and defend small leads, you sit McCullough down and play Nikorima for the last thirty-odd minutes of the game.

Why take 2 after kicking a great 40 - 20, so negative.

What's the rule on Eden touching the ball while out? I thought for sure the Cows would get the ball back after that. Happy they didn't, of course...

I was wondering the same thing, did the bunker mention it as a consideration, I was to busy raging at the time.

IIRC, if an opposition player touches the ball while in touch, the ball goes to the defending team.

There was a similar thing that happened in Round 4, 2009 against the Dragons. Soward went for the 40/20, didn't quite make it. Winterstein grabbed the ball while one foot was in touch. Broncos got the ball because it was deemed Soward kicked it into touch.

By the way, can someone teach Eden how to tackle?

Last edited:
IIRC, if an opposition player touches the ball while in touch, the scrum feed goes to the defending team.

By the way, can someone teach Eden how to tackle?

Interesting, what about simultaneous touching.

IIRC, if an opposition player touches the ball while in touch, the ball goes to the defending team.

There was a similar thing that happened in Round 4, 2009 against the Dragons. Soward went for the 40/20, didn't quite make it. Winterstein grabbed the ball while one foot was in touch. Broncos got the ball because it was deemed Soward kicked it into touch.

Figured it might have been something like a dead ball situation - the player touching the ball essentially becoming a part of the sideline, not taking it out as such, so the last team to touch it in the field of play is deemed to have taken it out. I just found it odd that the Nine commentators didn't mention it at all. But then Fittler was talking about there being no mildew on the field before the game, so it's not like they are hiring on intelligence.

I've seen that the 'bunker' are saying that Feldt knocked on. I tend to agree with Locky's post-match comment that in the general run of play that's called a knock-on every time. But even if they call that knocked back, Eden still makes the ball dead by touching it, or Thurston gets called for knocking it forwards into Eden. Any way you cut it, essentially, Thurston can go fornicate with himself.

I'm at a point where I hate Thurston more than any other player, even New South Welshmen. It's that serious. Morgan may be a close second.

Last edited:
Really excited for tonights game, feeling pretty confident we can win. Jimmy to have his best game of the season, will score a try and set up one.

fzVuYrx.jpg

xYTYWXr.gif

Wayne was in a fell mood tonight in the press conference.

I'm assuming that was supposed to be 'foul', but I admit I love the idea of him going that little bit farther to be in a fell mood:

adj (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering

Synonyms: barbarous, brutal, cruel, roughshod, savage, vicious inhumane lacking and reflecting lack of pity or compassion

Last edited:
His kicking game has never been anything special though, never shown much improvement, and has gone backwards big time this season, thus far. It's a big concern mate.

I would rather see his kicking game improve more so than his running game, or any other facet of his game. Its what we need to compliment Milf. It's killing us at the moment.

Never said it wasn't a concern, mate. Calls for him
to be dropped etc. are way off though, which was my point.

Bit strange the crowd was only 48,000ish and it was sold out? That's a lot of people who didn't turn up.

A lot of Broncos fans saying after the game "whilst it was good, the premiership would have been better". This is true but could you imagine if Thurston kicked a field goal in extra time?

Was anyone else a little relieved that Feldt didn't kick it to Hunt in Golden Point?

Also, did anyone else notice he was turning his body to his side when catching the kick offs?

im just so glad we won,not for revenge but just because cowboys were playing dirty with there slow the ball tactics down it was a joke. and anyteam who does that because they know the refs wont put them in bin for 10 doesnt deserve to win.

Nope, fell was exactly the word I was looking for. I just thought the golden point debate fired him up a bit.

I feel for Ben H.. he is down on confidence and it shows with his withdrawn play, IMO he will sleep better tonight for the first time since the GF.. he just has to put aside his fear of making a mistake and get the mongrul back we all know he has... I think he will be fine and we will be praising him again in a couple of weeks. Some errors yes but our I thought our forwards have plenty of be proud of and agree Niko should only have 10-15 minutes at the end of each half when we need a cheeky running back..leave Macca on for as long as possible please Wayne. For me its difficult when we play the Cowboys because I love the Qld's in their side... sry to be so old fashioned but as a Queenslander I cannot hate JT, Morgan, M.Scott etc... Great entertainment but like a few others not good for my poor ol heart.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• RodF
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.