Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

If you think about it, with Oates and Reed still out for a couple of weeks, this was a handy 2 points to pick up. Cows were easily our hardest opponents of the next few rounds.

They couldn't award that Thurston no try..

Anyone remember Yow Yeh's no try against the Warriors in Week 1 of the finals in 2011?

Yow Yeh was deemed to have knocked on after he rolled the ball because he lost control of it.

Even though Thurston had his hand on the ball, he rolled it because he lost control for just that split second.

Last edited:
His kicking game has never been anything special though, never shown much improvement, and has gone backwards big time this season, thus far. It's a big concern mate.

I would rather see his kicking game improve more so than his running game, or any other facet of his game. Its what we need to compliment Milf. It's killing us at the moment.

Nice....was going to say something similar. Hunt's kicking game (long game) has always been shit.....his organising as well. Take away his running game and it can make him a pretty poor half.

Some of that gets over looked when talking about his last two "phenomenal" seasons.

I'm still confident that he will get it together this season, but tbh...I don't think he's the man to take us into the future.

Granville was a huge mistake to let go....Parcell too, hope we don't make the same mistake with Hunt that we've made by banking on McCullough.

Looking back at it, Eden's body was actually in touch when he touched the ball before or simultaneously as Thurston got his filthy mitts on it. I thought the knock on call was 50/50 but the play was dead there with Eden. I didn't hear the call for Gillett but how on earth was it not a try. How on earth did that game happen, it was like a fairytale. We still have improving to do and each week if we are building towards something special again, win or lose I will be happy with the boys.

Edit: Already discussed.

Last edited:
Nice....was going to say something similar. Hunt's kicking game (long game) has always been shit.....his organising as well. Take away his running game and it can make him a pretty poor half.

Some of that gets over looked when talking about his last two "phenomenal" seasons.

I'm still confident that he will get it together this season, but tbh...I don't think he's the man to take us into the future.

Granville was a huge mistake to let go....Parcell too, hope we don't make the same mistake with Hunt that we've made by banking on McCullough.

We definitely made a mistake by choosing Kodi over Parcell. Parcell has him covered in attack and defense.

We definitely made a mistake by choosing Kodi over Parcell. Parcell has him covered in attack and defense.

I don't think we chose to retain or release Parcell. He made the decision and I am glad he did (for his career), we were always hanging on to Macca. Kodi isn't a 9 so it's a bit unfair comparing them like that.

I think a lot of our problems in the second half of games stems from a lack of go-forward.. As games wear on we really struggle to roll through the middle and get into try scoring positions.. It makes it harder for our kickers to put a good end on our sets and puts a tonne of pressure on our defense.. It's not going to be solved on a consistent basis until our young forwards fully mature or we go shopping for a 'cannon ball' or two

That was incredible.

The North Queensland Cowboys were outstanding. They had it all, pace, strength, skill, organisation, toughness, luck, gamesmanship and they had the Broncos beat dead to rights. However, somehow, someway the Broncos would not be denied and produced one of the greatest regular season victories in years.

What an incredible finish. Nothing will ever make up for the heart-ache of the grand final but when that field goal sailed through the posts it felt as if the monkey was finally off the Broncos backs.

It was a rollercoaster of a game, a rollercoaster of a performance but the Broncos did what all great teams do, they finished on the winning side. Despite all the obstacles, despite the quality of the opposition, the Broncos found a way to win.

Thank you for the vindication Brisbane, you truly are the real deal.

The fact that the Cows didn't take a shot says a lot, they wanted to make a statement going for a try and came away with nothing.

Milford, take a bow.

Hunt, find your mojo.

Can see why the Cowboys are blowing up if the shoe was on the other foot then I would be too...
But after the Grand Final and after being the better side for most of the match that night, we ended up with the rub of the green tonight and I'll take it with both hands. Each team deserves a win each out of those 2 games. I hope we dismantle the Cowboys in the next game and come out on top. We definitely have more improvement in us than them.
Good to exact REVENGE
**** Thurston
**** the NQL Cowboys!!!
SUCK IT!!

Last edited:
Great to get the win. Great display put on by both teams. Only spoiler was the leeway given to the cows in the ruck. Boyd is running with so much more confidence and determination this year.

Last edited:
I will need the rest of this long weekend to come back down from this... I don't really care about anything other at the moment, than the elation from the moment our magnificent MILF scored that field goal. The team needed it, the fans needed it, and both certainly deserved it!

Green and Thurston can eat a dick.
The only complaint I can accept is the forward pass to Feldt, which was preceded by the downtown player bullshit "not played at" decision. I was inline with the play and Taumalolo clearly sticks his leg back to intercept the kick!
The obstruction call comes from a black and white rule, and one of the only things they have been consistently adjudicating well. It doesn't matter that Morgan went past Milford's outside shoulder, because the fact that Glenn wasn't there may well have influenced Milford's positioning.
The Thurston no try is a no-brainer for me. Regardless of Feldt knocking it on or not, and whether Eden put the ball dead, Thurston definitely knocked it on before the try line.

While the Gillett no try decision has no justification possible (it went up as a try, and not a single frame showed Matt loose control of the ball), I am glad that WB brought up the penalty tactics of some teams (albeit, you don't always have to take the 2 points FFS). Hopefully something is done about it by Greenturd and the NRL, but I will sit down comfortably and won't hold my breath while I wait...

P.S. I'm genuinely worried about Hunt. He's a great running half, but we have a better one than him in Milford, and while playing Wayne's conservative brand of footy, we need a Halfback capable of kicking, controlling and managing a game, which Hunt isn't, and probably will never be.

Looks like BHQ has there new whipping boy

Hunt has shown that he can kick well, his selection is way off this season and is probably due to his lack of confidence and not wanting to make a mistake.

This game should have got the monkey off his back and he will move forward from here, Wayne will get him right.

FFS have some faith. The guy has been our best player for 2 years and the only reason we were in the fucking GF last year, he deserves a break from Broncos fans at least, because he sure as **** isn't getting it from anywhere else.

Yeah, I'm sure that he will get better as the season improves. I don't think he's ever been able to kick consistently well, though.

He had a couple of good kicks tonight, and that bomb he put up against the panthers was epic.

Overall though, we need someone to be able to turn wingers around, land it between the fullback and wing, and find touch.

Geez what a win, absolutely outstanding. Milford just killed it, what a legend!! Now that's the rocket from last week, much needed. Keep it up Broncs.

Bit strange the crowd was only 48,000ish and it was sold out? That's a lot of people who didn't turn up.

Not sure if correct but ive read a few times that because Broncos have General admissions for their games it somehow reduces capacity because only 80% of GA seating is allowed to be sold. Don't know if thats right though.

That it is, but some of his kicking options were beyond bizarre. We needed the ball as deep in the Cowboys half as possible and he's grubbering 20-30 meters?

He has always had a pretty poor long kicking game. The poor guy is suffering mentally IMO. Clouded with self doubt and pressure he has put on himself. I don't think his teammates are making it easy on him considering the ball barely gets passed right to his side of the field from dummy half. Hunt needs to run the ball to get his confidence back.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Browny
  • Lostboy
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.