Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
would be suprised to not lose mcguire or at least he'd cop some loading surely

if maranta goes ill spew.. if whathisface had nothing to answer for then the match review committee better toe the damn line

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
The criticism of Hunt's kicking game is justified. It's all well and good to say he can go and work on it like Cronk did, but why hasn't it happened yet? Or, will it ever happen?

He's 26 now and it's been stagnant since he took over the #7.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
They spend so much time whinging about the obstruction, which was surely one of the more clear-cut calls in the game. You mightn't agree with the rule, dipshits, but it's still the rule. It was obstruction every day of the week.

Exactly this. Whether the players and commentators agree or not is irrelevant. That is and has been for a long time an obstruction every day of the week.

It really annoyed me that the commentators reasoning was that Glenn wouldn't have been able to stop him. That doesn't matter and is speculative. Through Glenn being impeded it means that Milford is isolated and unable to do anything. If Glenn isn't impeded he can get across and assist Milford, it also changes the positioning of all players on that side. It's an obstruction every day of the week.

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
The criticism of Hunt's kicking game is justified. It's all well and good to say he can go and work on it like Cronk did, but why hasn't it happened yet? Or, will it ever happen?

He's 26 now and it's been stagnant since he took over the #7.

the criticism/observation is justified, the implications are extreme

so what, lets say it doesnt improve markedly in the short term? danny mcdowell, GI on his way? try to buy taylor back? KNik full time? what our options? drop the **** coz he cant kick?

milf sounds like a muppet on camera but i wouldnt tell him to piss off because he isnt the prototype perfect poster boy. sack macca coz he isnt an attacking hooker, retire parker because he compromises our ability to negotiate with gillett and cant kick goals?

hunts 26 yes, but only 2+ years into FG really. feel like he's earnt some.good will and patience from the supporters idve thought

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
i honestly dont understand why one hunt doesn't do what Milford has done and spend so much time before and after training working on his kicking game or two bennet say milford mate you can take over the kicking, im sure the talent of milford wont be able to kick and then he and macca can do the kicking and let hunt focus on his other skills

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
If you got time check out the press conference with Green and JT, sour grapes and then some.

Doesn't surprise me Thurston has always been the first to complain when something goes against the Cowboys. He does have a case with the obstruction try but the other calls were fair enough.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Our bench didn't really do much last night (and stats back that up). I feel as though Wayne is intentionally giving the starting players a higher workload for some reason.

Edit:
Doesn't surprise me Thurston has always been the first to complain when something goes against the Cowboys. He does have a case with the obstruction try but the other calls were fair enough.

Green and JT are now, with Toovey not in the comp, the undisputed champs of whinging. We would have had a 60 minute rant from them if they lost the GF based on their performance in the press conference last night.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
1459010947.png

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
I liked the minutes Joe.O got last night....keen to see plenty more of that.

Starting to really like this guy. For a young forward, seems to make ****all mistakes.

Seems he might have a case.to answer for a swinging arm. I only caught a bit of it but it didnt seem intentional.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Seems he might have a case.to answer for a swinging arm. I only caught a bit of it but it didnt seem intentional.

I saw that too. They didn't care at all on field though.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
These two pretty much sum up my reaction to the situation..

1458970571.png

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
To the people who are giving Hunt a free pass because of the refereeing and lack of metres gained, get real, he had 5-6 kicks last night with all the time in the world, with minimal pressure, that were simply the wrong choice, or poorly struck.

If every superstar has 4 get out of jail free cards per season for bad performances, Ben's got none left.

Really expecting a massive improvement over the next fortnight.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You are absolutely right Morks. I was thinking about this last night. last year everyone kept saying how bad Hunts kicking was when will he could do was punt it downfield for territory that we couldn't get with out forwards. He doesn't get the field position Thurston does. We might have it once or twice but then we concede the length of the field in defense. This is where McCullough pays his way with his ruck defense and 40/20's. We really ought to try spreading it wide sooner than the 4th or 5th tackle as the Cowboys were all over us and the our outside backs show time and again they can pierce the line.

This is so so true.

Also, thing for me is that:

(1) it's not just Hunt's kicking game, it's the Bronco's kicking game. Ffs we have at least 3 players who can kick: Hunt, Milford and Macca. They should be kicking regularly and often. The simple strategy is to position each for a kick should Hunt have defence in his face so there's an alternative, as a number of other clubs do;

(2) We stand too flat which is a lot of the reason Hunt has defence in his face when he gets the ball to kick. This for mine is partly a team issue and Hunt needs to be cut a little slack.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
These two pretty much sum up my reaction to the situation..

1458970571.png

That guy leaning on the railing on the right has the best expression. His eyes just tell so much. Understanding, pain, etc all at once.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
To the people who are giving Hunt a free pass because of the refereeing and lack of metres gained, get real, he had 5-6 kicks last night with all the time in the world, with minimal pressure, that were simply the wrong choice, or poorly struck.

If every superstar has 4 get out of jail free cards per season for bad performances, Ben's got none left.

Really expecting a massive improvement over the next fortnight.

Just to be clear his kicking still needs work hence my earlier comments that he should practice 5th tackle kicking options non-stop this year but I don't think benching him would help.
Hunt even commented that his kicking worked against them in this game at the end and it is baffling why he persisted with it (then the final grubber from Milf to top it off).

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Just to be clear his kicking still needs work hence my earlier comments that he should practice 5th tackle kicking options non-stop this year but I don't think benching him would help.
Hunt even commented that his kicking worked against them in this game at the end and it is baffling why he persisted with it (then the final grubber from Milf to top it off).

Has anyone suggested benching him? Ever?

I'm not sure where people get these ridiculous quotes from, literally nobody has seriously said Hunt should be demoted, the people criticizing him are just saying he needs to get a rocket up his ass, we all know he can be incredibly good.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.